• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help on reslab a comic book through CGC

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Newbie here, i am looking to reslab a cgc signature comic. Thought it would be easy as I can just send it in and pay some money. But when i went to the CGC website, it was very confusing. Apparently you need to buy an annual membership first? then filling out this 3 page form, half of which i have no idea how to do.

Is there an easier way to have a single comic reslab? Like a store or something I can do it from. I don't want to pay CGC's annual membership just to reslab a single comic.

Thank you

Edited by Newdude05

Some local retailers may offer to send it in for you at their price for grading. You can also use bigger stores like Mile High to submit to. Your best bet is to get the Premium membership which gives you a $150 submission credit (membership costs $150 anyways).

I highly recommend continue to look over these boards for answers to questions you may not even have yet.

And if you wanting to grade a book that was previous a Signature Series, you will not get a Signature Series label again since the signature cannot be re-verified.

Good luck and WTTB!

This one's for you Stu!

You do not need need to be a CGC member to submit. You just will not get a 10%+ discount and can't track your progress online (but you can call and give them your order number)

Go here, http://www.cgccomics.com/index_cobrand.asp?GradingCompany=CGC&affiliate=HC This is the CGC Heritage Auction submission form. Just select which size it is (magazine or Normal size) Leave account number blank, Just put your name and address in and follow the other instructions, and mail in the books. Done.

Ahh thanks guys, that link helped a lot.

This is just for reslab not regrade. The case i have has the top sticker peeled a little bit and it's not glued tight on the edge. Like if you pull the 2 sides with your finger it actually opens up a little hole in between them.

Probably just me being OCD, but just want peace of mind to get it reslabbed.

Edited by Newdude05

Just so that you are aware, all slabs will separate to various extents along the sides. The outer slab is only sealed at the corner pins. A new slab would act in the same manner.

Yes, you will not get a tight seal on a reslab. I would say do not bother. BTW, you do not need a membership for a reslab, you can do it yourself.

This one's for you Stu!

You do not need need to be a CGC member to submit. You just will not get a 10%+ discount and can't track your progress online (but you can call and give them your order number)

Go here, http://www.cgccomics.com/index_cobrand.asp?GradingCompany=CGC&affiliate=HC This is the CGC Heritage Auction submission form. Just select which size it is (magazine or Normal size) Leave account number blank, Just put your name and address in and follow the other instructions, and mail in the books. Done.

Almost 100% right, except you DO get the 10% discount, for FREE!

Check "Step 4" in your link above, it mentions your 10% discount there.

There's no discount on reholders anyways so it doesn't matter what discount you get.

xoxo

greggy

Look at you, being helpful. What's the occasion? lol

Suck it, turdling

7 minutes ago, Lsmurule said:

Will they relabel if they slab the book?  I have an old cgc blue label and the case is cracked. I was wondering if they’d put a fresh new label in with the reslabbing?

Yes a reholder results in a new slab, because cgc no longer has the older one. They do use an older looking one for magazines, but it is the same as has always been used so doesn't apply here. :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

16 hours ago, Lsmurule said:

Will they relabel if they slab the book?  I have an old cgc blue label and the case is cracked. I was wondering if they’d put a fresh new label in with the reslabbing?

Yes, anytime they put your book in a new slab (regardless of whether it was regraded, or just reholdered), they will include a fresh new label in the new slab.

18 hours ago, Lsmurule said:

Just a heads up, if your case is cracked enough that CGC has concern about the integrity of the grade, they may have to regrade your book. They usually get concerned if a post is cracked. Your question was already answered above = you will get a new label.