• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

Your right, I do know the winners but its kind of like those 50/50 raffles or door prizes.

If you aren't there to claim it, you forfeit the prize.

Put it this way, if someone doesn't claim their prize, we just roll it over into the next months. Which was why January's contest had a $300-$200-$100 prize, where as last months only had a $200-$100-$50 because everyone in Jan claimed the prizes.

That's not entirely true. Most contests that offer prizes where the winner's information is known, the winner's need not be present and are contacted of their winnings. Contests such as raffles where the contact information is not known, the winner needs to be present to receive their prize along with the winning ticket.

Since you are aware of the winner's information you are unique in not contacting the "winner" of your contest. Unless someone "wins" your conest, the whole thing appears shady.

Maybe robertsonjohn won it.........he hasn't been back here and might not be aware that he is the winner!

robertsonjohn.jpg

Did he ever throw any business your way Clive? He sure seemed interested.

I totally disagree with you guys. He runs the contest the way he wants to. I'm sure Russ is running it this way to increase traffic on his site and I don't fault him for doing that at all. There's nothing "shady" about it.

I totally disagree with you guys. He runs the contest the way he wants to. I'm sure Russ is running it this way to increase traffic on his site and I don't fault him for doing that at all. There's nothing "shady" about it.

You're right. He should keep offering the same Hulk 181 comic with every contest. It just happens that in every contest the "winner" never happens to claim his prize. Boy, Pete for a Californian you are kinda naive. screwy.gif

Hey, perception is everything. We're just sharing our impressions. If only one or two out of five who care to respond think it's on the up and up, then he's got problems.

Deathlok, I don't exactly know why your on my case? Nobody has claimed it yet, thats not to say they will, or even if I won't have a second drawing.

Redhook, you really need to find a hobby seriously. You bring nothing good to these boards. I have to admit, your pictures are funny, but all I ever see is you starting fights, or poking names.

A lot of people have won from these boards, and to be honest, The ASM's that were claimed and the gift certificates equal just about the same amount in value as the Hulk 181.

I am not going to go out of my way to notify the winners. The way I see it is if you are excited about the contest, like Tilley or XOXO, then you mark it on your calender and you check when its announced. I mean, the State of Michigan doesn't notify me if I win the Daily 3 or anything. Even if they knew who I was and when I played the # do you really think they would contact me?

Put it this way, I want people to claim them. I want someone to win, and when someone doesn't claim them it makes me mad because I would rather the joy of saying EVERYONE WON, instead of everyone won except the grand prize winner, he didn't claim the prize.

In my eyes, if the contest isn't important enough for a prospective winner to check the winning numbers, then its not really of any importance or interest to that person.

Maybe robertsonjohn won it.........he hasn't been back here and might not be aware that he is the winner!

robertsonjohn.jpg

Did he ever throw any business your way Clive? He sure seemed interested.

Show me your CGC Board Detective Badge and I will tell you.

No, I do not believe he/she ever did, not that you helped any.

Redhook, you really need to find a hobby seriously. You bring nothing good to these boards. I have to admit, your pictures are funny, but all I ever see is you starting fights, or poking names.

You're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

A State's lottery cannot notify the winner because the State does not have the contact information to notify winners. So drawing that comparison is absurd. If the lottery required people to give their contact information then yes winners would be contacted. Most States that have some form of gambling have Gambling regulations that require certain procedures be followed.

The problem I have with your contest is that you give a very limited window to contact you regarding winning the prize. Not everyone is able to go online everyday. Who knows what problems someone might have in their personal life that they cannot go online within the specified time period.

Who is to even say that anyone had a shot at winning the Hulk 181? Perhaps it was just a ploy to get people to buy more stuff from your site. If that is the case that is called Fraud, and is a Federal offense. Now some people, like uclapeterg may not care if you swindle them, but other do care.

Don't get me wrong Russ, I am not attacking you, although it appears that way. 27_laughing.gif

I am just expressing how the running of your contest appears to me. flowerred.gif

Deathlok,

In all honesty if we started talking about Laws I probably wouldn't be able to run these anyways. On another note, a lot of people have won on these boards so I would think it would appear valid to you.

Again, to be honest I paid about $1 for that Hulk 181, and I lose a lot more money when someone wins $50 and uses it to buy mylars.

Perhaps the time limit to claim was a little short this round. Next time around I will make it at least 5 business days. I had figured most people would be waiting and watching and claim right away like the Monthly contests have been.

On another note, perhaps I should make it a rule that your identity will be published on the site in order to claim the prize. I don't know if that is possible though, as some privacy concerns could be brought up.

You bring up a good point though. On the surface it can appear to be a scam or something, but you won't really know if its real unless you win, or you know someone who has.

I can tell you for a fact that most people on here would rather win a Hulk 181 in VG condition than a $50 gift certificate on your site. More people will buy with the hopes of winning a Hulk 181 over a gift certificate.

If you figure most people will want to watch your site to claim their prize then what difference does it make how long the deadline is? If the winner is going to claim his prize then it doesn't matter if the deadline is 3 days or 30 days, he is going to claim his prize.

I feel that I have to make a deadline sometime. All contests, rebates, promotions and all good things have to come to an end. Again, in my eyes, if someone doesn't feel it is important enough to check and end up not claimign it, I would rather just roll it over into the next month's contest and give everyone else another shot at it.

This is where you lost me. Red has contributed more to this hobby via these boards then you ever will. You just joined the ranks of "the insufficiently_thoughtful_person population" in my book. screwy.gif

This is where you lost me. Red has contributed more to this hobby via these boards then you ever will. You just joined the ranks of "the insufficiently_thoughtful_person population" in my book. screwy.gif

My "insufficiently_thoughtful_person population" book is getting fairly full just from these boards. gossip.gif