• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

Redhook, you really need to find a hobby seriously. You bring nothing good to these boards. I have to admit, your pictures are funny, but all I ever see is you starting fights, or poking names.

This is where you lost me. Red has contributed more to this hobby via these boards then you ever will. You just joined the ranks of "the insufficiently_thoughtful_person population" in my book. screwy.gif

He is just always on my case or has some remark.

Redhook, you really need to find a hobby seriously. You bring nothing good to these boards. I have to admit, your pictures are funny, but all I ever see is you starting fights, or poking names.

This is where you lost me. Red has contributed more to this hobby via these boards then you ever will. You just joined the ranks of "the insufficiently_thoughtful_person population" in my book. screwy.gif

He is just always on my case or has some remark.

Then just put him on ignore. I do it with several people and it's great. I highly recommend it.

Yeah, but if I do that, I can't defend myself if I ever get tied to the stakes. But it is a thought.

Well then just ignore his posts (without putting him on ignore). I'm only saying this because you just look foolish when you say something like "you never contribute anything positive to these boards" to someone like Red. Maybe the only posts of his you read are the ones in the numerous threads you start about this sale or that sale or this giveaway, etc....

On the other side of the coin, Red should probably ignore you as well. It does look rather foolish to have you two sounding like a couple of five year olds in this thread.

Yeah, but if I do that, I can't defend myself if I ever get tied to the stakes. But it is a thought.

Oh dont worry about being tied to the stakes its the bulldozer that has come down your throat with this thread that I intended it to be without saying really much.You came in here as Roberts357 and for the life of me you think because you changed to Comic Supply that hides it! It doesnt hide it at all and only makes me wonder why?As far as claiming the hulk 181 it will be interesting to see if it is claimed!

Davidking623

Your right, I do know the winners but its kind of like those 50/50 raffles or door prizes.

If you aren't there to claim it, you forfeit the prize.

The problem with this is that you could be running a scam and never give away a Hulk 181. And even if the books "only cost you a dollar" it is worth far more as potential PR and contest bait than that, and rolling it over would create something of a cash cow.

Not saying that is what you are doing only how it looks on the outside.

Well, here is what I will do if the winner doesn't claim.

I will just have another contest, and make it a guarantee to be won. I will also make it necessary for the winner to allow us to publish their contact information. I think thats fair in this case.

Some good points have been brought up. Up until this point the prizes have been invisible prizes. These are something you can have and hold and therefore making it more suspecting of a scam.

So yeah, if the winner doesn't claim it, I will either offer it up as a prize to a Grading Contest, or another monthly. I am expecting about 8-10 books back soon from CGC, so maybe a Grading contest would be cool. That way, someone is guaranteed to win it from the boards, and I could make the rules as to how, when and who.

I don't think you have to do anything different to please ANYONE. It's your site, your business, and your contest, so you are 100% free to run all of them AS YOU SEE FIT. Anyone who thought it could be a scam was completely free to NOT buy anything from your site or participate in any way. I'm assuming that if they asked to NOT be given tickets for the contest, you would have honored that request.

I bought comics from your site because you had a good sale going on, had some stuff I wanted, and I got free shipping. The contest entry was a bonus. And unless I'm missing something, I don't see any of the critics here offering to give away comics that valuable.

Everyone here always demands proof when someone else makes an accusation or hint of impropriety against someone else - well, finger-pointers, where is your proof that he is running a scam or not giving away the prizes??? If you have no proof, why just sit there and take potshots??

If you think it should be done differently, hold your own contest and do it differently.

I totally disagree with you guys. He runs the contest the way he wants to. I'm sure Russ is running it this way to increase traffic on his site and I don't fault him for doing that at all. There's nothing "shady" about it.

Ditto, Pete. It's a giveaway, not a lottery. No one is buying these tickets - they are included when you order a certain amount. Anyone who buys a pack or three of mylars and wins a Hulk #181 or gift certificate or ASM#122 is getting it as a freebie, not because they purchased a lot in a drawing. Russell's prices on supplies are pretty darned competitive, so it isn't like people who are buying his supplies are being induced to buy things at an inflated rate just for the chance to win the Hulk #181 either. And anyone who has a ticket but doesn't check to see if they won (even after being informed of the deadline) probably wasn't buying from the site in order to win the drawing anyway.

I get the sense that a lot of the animosity here is from people who have personal grudges against Russell from past issues and that the setup of the contest has little to do with it. Let the guy run his contest how he wants.

flowerred.gif to all of the guys picking on Russell, because I love you even though I think you're wrong here.

I don't think you have to do anything different to please ANYONE. It's your site, your business, and your contest, so you are 100% free to run all of them AS YOU SEE FIT. Anyone who thought it could be a scam was completely free to NOT buy anything from your site or participate in any way. I'm assuming that if they asked to NOT be given tickets for the contest, you would have honored that request.

I bought comics from your site because you had a good sale going on, had some stuff I wanted, and I got free shipping. The contest entry was a bonus. And unless I'm missing something, I don't see any of the critics here offering to give away comics that valuable.

Everyone here always demands proof when someone else makes an accusation or hint of impropriety against someone else - well, finger-pointers, where is your proof that he is running a scam or not giving away the prizes??? If you have no proof, why just sit there and take potshots??

If you think it should be done differently, hold your own contest and do it differently.

Because it is easier for them to take the potshots than to ignore something that has nothing to do with them.Oh yeah, I won something off of ComicSupply and am enjoying my books Thor 158, Thor 200 Thor 226 very much.

893applaud-thumb.gif

flowerred.gifcloud9.gif But I still love all you damned troublemakers. You too, Russ.