• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

I totally disagree with you guys. He runs the contest the way he wants to. I'm sure Russ is running it this way to increase traffic on his site and I don't fault him for doing that at all. There's nothing "shady" about it.

Ditto, Pete. It's a giveaway, not a lottery. No one is buying these tickets - they are included when you order a certain amount. Anyone who buys a pack or three of mylars and wins a Hulk #181 or gift certificate or ASM#122 is getting it as a freebie, not because they purchased a lot in a drawing. Russell's prices on supplies are pretty darned competitive, so it isn't like people who are buying his supplies are being induced to buy things at an inflated rate just for the chance to win the Hulk #181 either. And anyone who has a ticket but doesn't check to see if they won (even after being informed of the deadline) probably wasn't buying from the site in order to win the drawing anyway.

I get the sense that a lot of the animosity here is from people who have personal grudges against Russell from past issues and that the setup of the contest has little to do with it. Let the guy run his contest how he wants.

flowerred.gif to all of the guys picking on Russell, because I love you even though I think you're wrong here.

It really doent matter what you think FFB I am going to have my say with this guy because I have dealt with him and his grading.I know everybody has his day but to be quite truthful NM-M doesnt seem like it should grade 7.5 in my eyes and when its my money Ill carry my grudge as you call it, any way I like.Oh, even though I like ya and your thinking.

I do forgive, I just dont seem to forget!

Davidking623

I totally disagree with you guys. He runs the contest the way he wants to. I'm sure Russ is running it this way to increase traffic on his site and I don't fault him for doing that at all. There's nothing "shady" about it.

Ditto, Pete. It's a giveaway, not a lottery. No one is buying these tickets - they are included when you order a certain amount. Anyone who buys a pack or three of mylars and wins a Hulk #181 or gift certificate or ASM#122 is getting it as a freebie, not because they purchased a lot in a drawing. Russell's prices on supplies are pretty darned competitive, so it isn't like people who are buying his supplies are being induced to buy things at an inflated rate just for the chance to win the Hulk #181 either. And anyone who has a ticket but doesn't check to see if they won (even after being informed of the deadline) probably wasn't buying from the site in order to win the drawing anyway.

I get the sense that a lot of the animosity here is from people who have personal grudges against Russell from past issues and that the setup of the contest has little to do with it. Let the guy run his contest how he wants.

flowerred.gif to all of the guys picking on Russell, because I love you even though I think you're wrong here.

It really doent matter what you think FFB I am going to have my say with this guy because I have dealt with him and his grading.I know everybody has his day but to be quite truthful NM-M doesnt seem like it should grade 7.5 in my eyes and when its my money Ill carry my grudge as you call it, any way I like.Oh, even though I like ya and your thinking.

Davidking623

David, as I recall, you're one of the harsher graders who posts in the grading forums. And like Russell said, if you have a problem with his grading, why not talk to him about it instead of just staying pisssed at him? I've had problems with every dealer's grading on a book here or there in the past, and the best ones (and the ones with whom I continue to shop) have always made things right.

And aside from all of that, if what you're mad about is really his grading, then what are you doing with this red herring complaint about his Hulk 181 giveaway? You don't like his grading, so you accuse him of running a sham contest? Hardly seems fair. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No doubt, I don't ever remember selling him anything. I was wondering cause a few times he made comments like, " Is your grading better now".

This HAS to be years old, I don't think he has bought anything off my site, and if he did he never mentioned he had a problem.

Davidking623

David, as I recall, you're one of the harsher graders who posts in the grading forums. And like Russell said, if you have a problem with his grading, why not talk to him about it instead of just staying pisssed at him? I've had problems with every dealer's grading on a book here or there in the past, and the best ones (and the ones with whom I continue to shop) have always made things right.

And aside from all of that, if what you're mad about is really his grading, then what are you doing with this red herring complaint about his Hulk 181 giveaway? You don't like his grading, so you accuse him of running a sham contest? Hardly seems fair. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FFB please tell me where I accuse him of anything like that! My only thing has been about giving a guy longer than 3 days to claim the prize.

Davidking623

FFB please tell me where I accuse him of anything like that! My only thing has been about giving a guy longer than 3 days to claim the prize.

Davidking623

a) You started this thread.

b) Several people came in here and complained about the setup of the contest, and either strongly implied or in some cases flat out accused Russell of having a sham contest.

c) You then came back and said:

Oh dont worry about being tied to the stakes its the bulldozer that has come down your throat with this thread that I intended it to be without saying really much.You came in here as Roberts357 and for the life of me you think because you changed to Comic Supply that hides it! It doesnt hide it at all and only makes me wonder why?As far as claiming the hulk 181 it will be interesting to see if it is claimed!

Davidking623

The way I read what you wrote is that all of the accusations that people made in this thread were exactly what you had in mind and were hoping for when the thread started.

Then you told Russell that your real problem is that he sold you NM/M comics and they were 7.5s. foreheadslap.gif Why not start a thread that says "Comic Supply can't grade" or something similar (or, God forbid, call the phone number that came on your invoice with your order and ask for a refund or a discount)? At least then Russell will know what you're really mad about and might be able to address it.

Davidking623

It really doent matter what you think FFB I am going to have my say with this guy because I have dealt with him and his grading.I know everybody has his day but to be quite truthful NM-M doesnt seem like it should grade 7.5 in my eyes and when its my money Ill carry my grudge as you call it, any way I like.

I believe your statement would be in the above quote.

No doubt, I don't ever remember selling him anything. I was wondering cause a few times he made comments like, " Is your grading better now".

This HAS to be years old, I don't think he has bought anything off my site, and if he did he never mentioned he had a problem.

About a year and half maybe it was on Ebay for X men 119 120 advertised NM-M when your ebay seller ID was Roberts 357. I talked with you on the phone for about 30 minutes or so about comics and the CGC boards and if the books were real nice and you told me they were.It was 50 dollars or so maybe a little less when they were shipped.

Davidking623

About a year and half maybe it was on Ebay for X men 119 120 advertised NM-M when your ebay seller ID was Roberts 357. I talked with you on the phone for about 30 minutes or so about comics and the CGC boards and if the books were real nice and you told me they were.It was 50 dollars or so maybe a little less when they were shipped.

Davidking623

This is good. Now that you guys are talking about the real problem, I will bet money that something can actually be done about it.

I feel like a couple's counselor. Davidking, when was the last time you held Russell and told him you love him? And Russell, when was the last time you gave David a foot rub and made him a nice dinner?

Davidking623

a) You started this thread.

b) Several people came in here and complained about the setup of the contest, and either strongly implied or in some cases flat out accused Russell of having a sham contest.

c) You then came back and said:

Oh dont worry about being tied to the stakes its the bulldozer that has come down your throat with this thread that I intended it to be without saying really much.You came in here as Roberts357 and for the life of me you think because you changed to Comic Supply that hides it! It doesnt hide it at all and only makes me wonder why?As far as claiming the hulk 181 it will be interesting to see if it is claimed!

Davidking623

The way I read what you wrote is that all of the accusations that people made in this thread were exactly what you had in mind and were hoping for when the thread started.

Then you told Russell that your real problem is that he sold you NM/M comics and they were 7.5s. foreheadslap.gif Why not start a thread that says "Comic Supply can't grade" or something similar (or, God forbid, call the phone number that came on your invoice with your order and ask for a refund or a discount)? At least then Russell will know what you're really mad about and might be able to address it.

I addressed him about the books in my 30 minute conversation prior to him sending them to me and for his ad on Ebay said no returns just figured it the cost of doing business,my mistake I guess.

Davidking623

MAYBE.... MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I am sure as with all my eBay auctions I had scans or pictures of these books. If you had a problem, you really should of talked to me. For all I freaking know they were NM-M and you are confusing me with someone else. I generally wouldn't have to talk to someone for 30 minutes about a few bronze age books.

But hey, mistakes happen and if all is as you say, I am sure I would of corrected it if there was a problem.

"About a year and half maybe it was on Ebay for X men 119 120 advertised NM-M when your ebay seller ID was Roberts 357. I talked with you on the phone for about 30 minutes or so about comics and the CGC boards and if the books were real nice and you told me they were.It was 50 dollars or so maybe a little less when they were shipped."

SO why dont you take it up with Russ in private instead of airing the laundry here in the open?

When was the last time you ever heard of anyone burning a witch behind closed doors? It just doesn't work that way. confused-smiley-013.gif

Just for the record, my eBay auctions HAVE NEVER SAID NO RETURNS!!!!!

I addressed him about the books in my 30 minute conversation prior to him sending them to me and for his ad on Ebay said no returns just figured it the cost of doing business,my mistake I guess.

Davidking623

SO why dont you take it up with Russ in private instead of airing the laundry here in the open?

When was the last time you ever heard of anyone burning a witch behind closed doors? It just doesn't work that way. confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess that would be too much to ask.

I have to agree here. It is his contest to run as he feels. Is 5 days too short...maybe. Should he contact the winner...maybe. Is it all a scam to get more business....maybe. But it was said other people on here have won. It is a FREE contest. Are people really buying supplies to get the Hulk 181 or are they just buying supplies and the contest is just something free?

There comes a time when you can find fault with everything. Russell could just stop all the contests and I don't think it would change his bottom line very much. Just my 2 cents.

Jason

russ- just keep crazy coupons like 6.5% off of a purchase of $63.74 or higher smile.gif

Your funny. Those coupons are just extra incentives. I won't go as far to call them "Harmony" or "Melody" but I like the fact that perhaps you might be thinking of ordering, and you see the code and you save yourself another $3-4 bucks. I mean, it all adds up in the end right.

I have to agree here. It is his contest to run as he feels. Is 5 days too short...maybe. Should he contact the winner...maybe. Is it all a scam to get more business....maybe. But it was said other people on here have won. It is a FREE contest. Are people really buying supplies to get the Hulk 181 or are they just buying supplies and the contest is just something free?

There comes a time when you can find fault with everything. Russell could just stop all the contests and I don't think it would change his bottom line very much. Just my 2 cents.

Jason

russ- just keep crazy coupons like 6.5% off of a purchase of $63.74 or higher smile.gif

I guess that would be too much to ask.

I know - God forbid anyone here should contact someone and try to resolve any concerns/disputes personally. They have to sling the mud in public here so everyone else can yell "Fight! Fight!" and take their side.

I do have to disagree with what Russ said about 'hook, I think he adds a lot to the boards. I think we all do...when we want to.