• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

And just to add another piece of the puzzle, in an email to another boardmember, Russ explained that he couldn't fill the boardmembers order yet, because he'd gotten a big order from Nikos and was rushing to fill THAT order and cash the check before Nikos realized who he really was. Nikos had ordered from ComicSupply without realizing (how could he?) that CS was really the Roberts357 who had trashed him previously. Russ was lovin' it. That's my definition of a real scummy. I got more if you want, Chris......

Red, I understand why you feel the way you do, and like I said (although it's not a common thing to see admitted here), I don't have all the answers. My involvement in this topic has nothing to do with his past - it stemmed from the fact that the terms of the contest/drawing were clearly spelled out on the site. The winner would need to contact the site. It was not stated that they would contact the winner. Maybe I am naive, but that seems to be pretty easy to understand. It's no different from thousands of other contetst out there, where the winners forfeit their prizes if they don't contact the business running the promotion within a certain timeframe or aren't present when the drawing is held.

Everyone piled on and started telling him how to run the contest and that he should contact the winner, even though that was not stated in the terms. That's the only issue I have. Maybe I'm categorizing and separating all the baggage from the past from this one particular issue. My intention is not defend CS, although I'm sure that's how it's come across by default. He can defend himself. My confusion has come from everyone blasting him for the terms of the giveaway, which were already posted.

Do I know 100% or can I prove that it's not some kind of scam? No. Not any more than any one of the comics offered up in the marketplace isn't some kind of scam. Can any of you prove 100% that it IS a scam? No. I understand if you don't like/trust him, but to assume that this giveaway is automatically a scam or to say that the terms were wrong just because you don't like the way he set them up...just my opinion, but I disagree.

And I would have disagreed no matter whose giveaway it was. I have no personal interest vested in any of this. Unless, of course, I win if it's reposted, in which case you can all kiss my Hulk 181. smile.gif

Geez, what time is it? Can I go home yet? smile.gif

this has got to take the cake as the singularly most cantankerous thread that i've read in the past 15 months i've been here.

the number of little individual battles is amazing. ( i particularly don't like it when guys i like and respect go at each other over something that just ain't gonna get resolved). i don't know how i missed this other than i don't travel down to this thread too often. i got tuned into this by something FFB said on another thread and i've been stuck here for the past hour plus.

all i can say is; fer crissakes - give it a rest!!!!!!! there's nothing further to be gained...... sumo.gif

And just to add another piece of the puzzle, in an email to another boardmember, Russ explained that he couldn't fill the boardmembers order yet, because he'd gotten a big order from Nikos and was rushing to fill THAT order and cash the check before Nikos realized who he really was. Nikos had ordered from ComicSupply without realizing (how could he?) that CS was really the Roberts357 who had trashed him previously. Russ was lovin' it. That's my definition of a real scummy. I got more if you want, Chris......

Red, I understand why you feel the way you do, and like I said (although it's not a common thing to see admitted here), I don't have all the answers. My involvement in this topic has nothing to do with his past - it stemmed from the fact that the terms of the contest/drawing were clearly spelled out on the site. The winner would need to contact the site. It was not stated that they would contact the winner. Maybe I am naive, but that seems to be pretty easy to understand. It's no different from thousands of other contetst out there, where the winners forfeit their prizes if they don't contact the business running the promotion within a certain timeframe or aren't present when the drawing is held.

Everyone piled on and started telling him how to run the contest and that he should contact the winner, even though that was not stated in the terms. That's the only issue I have. Maybe I'm categorizing and separating all the baggage from the past from this one particular issue. My intention is not defend CS, although I'm sure that's how it's come across by default. He can defend himself. My confusion has come from everyone blasting him for the terms of the giveaway, which were already posted.

Do I know 100% or can I prove that it's not some kind of scam? No. Not any more than any one of the comics offered up in the marketplace isn't some kind of scam. Can any of you prove 100% that it IS a scam? No. I understand if you don't like/trust him, but to assume that this giveaway is automatically a scam or to say that the terms were wrong just because you don't like the way he set them up...just my opinion, but I disagree.

And I would have disagreed no matter whose giveaway it was. I have no personal interest vested in any of this. Unless, of course, I win if it's reposted, in which case you can all kiss my Hulk 181. smile.gif

this has got to take the cake as the singularly most cantankerous thread that i've read in the past 15 months i've been here.

the number of little individual battles is amazing. ( i particularly don't like it when guys i like and respect go at each other over something that just ain't gonna get resolved). i don't know how i missed this other than i don't travel down to this thread too often. i got tuned into this by something FFB said on another thread and i've been stuck here for the past hour plus.

all i can say is; fer crissakes - give it a rest!!!!!!! there's nothing further to be gained...... sumo.gif

Can I get an "Amen"?

I have noticed that Russ said he was done with this thread and has not returned to it.

Good for you Russ.

This all is old news and I can only say that my dealings with Russ, and I've spent quite a bit in the last six weeks, has been great. I appreciate his online buss.

I read the rules for the contest and cannot imagine why anyone thinks they should be able to tell him how to run his contest. If you think its a scam, don't buy, that simple.

Sheesh.

You smell! mad.gif

Now flame me back.

I feel left out... frown.gif

poke2.gif

Can I get an "Amen"?

I'm feeling left out.

I'd like to add a hail and hardy "F U" to everyone that reads this! You all suck! tongue.gif Oh, and flowerred.gif

I'm feeling left out.

I'd like to add a hail and hardy "F U" to everyone that reads this! You all suck!

Screw you hippy! makepoint.gif

I'd like to add a hail and hardy "F U" to everyone that reads this! You all suck! tongue.gif Oh, and flowerred.gif

Sorry OG, all those have been used. You'll have to say something bad about our mothers if you want to keep this thing going. tongue.giftongue.gif

I agree that letting himself get dragged into these arguments does look unprofessional, but in one sense, he's not being put in a very fair position.

So would you say it WAS fair then for Russ/Clive to recently come here under the new name Comicsupply..

And not mention to ANYBODY who he used to be..? either on Ebay.. or on this forum.. because of how he had previously handled himself on both those platforms?

And only when it was was brought to light that Comicsupply, Comicsforcash, Roberts, Bella, etc..etc.... were indeed one and the same person, did he come foward and admit to trying to get over on everybody.

As he said himself.. he knew he would not get a fair shake with his previous bad name/reputation.

Well my friends.. that DOES bother me..he tried to fool everyone here.. yet many of you do not seem to care about that fact. Just let it slide..give the guy a break... he has not done me wrong...

To each his own I suppose.

I am glad to hear he has recently tried to improve his selling methods, and or costumer relations. He does have a good product, and good prices..

I had spoken at length with him on the phone MANY times before I even knew who he was.. or his dubious history. Russ.. you shoulda been up front with me from the get go.. it woulda gone a lot farther then the way you actually came here.

I would rather go out of my way, and pay more elsewhere, then give him my business.

Can a leapord change his spots?.. sure.. but after all is said and done he still behaves like the same leapord... sans spots.

Ze-

I wonder if he understands this at all? Wow I go to sleep get up and go to work and work a 11 hour day and I come home and have to read a lot to catch up.My eyes are getting tired! Still more reading to do.

Davidking623

Oh No There is a lot more to be gained here!

MORE POSTS! cloud9.gif27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

Oh No There is a lot more to be gained here!

MORE POSTS! cloud9.gif27_laughing.gif

Davidking623

After all that let this post, Rest in Peace sumo.gif

Wow, just read this thread,........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"A contest where the winner has to contact the business?" It seems pretty obvious to me the intent is "Maybe they'll miss the deadline to collect on the prize, or forget the date alltogether."

Just a suggestion: "IF" you (Comic Supply) do decide to do another contest, I would suggest you (1) Contact the winner and notify them. (2) In the rules of your Give away, mention that the winner will be posted on your website.

You know who the winner is, and yet, you don't contact them?!? screwy.gif

Even if that is the rule, you really would be better served to change the rules and contact the winner! Anything less is not a very smart business move! makepoint.gif

You can take this advice or choose not to, but your reputation is at stake. In business, Reputation is everything!

JMHO.

Here's the Cliffs Notes version:

chicken.gif

suckblow.gif

The end.

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

The only thing missing from this thread is this,.....

amb.jpg

acclaim.gifhi.gif

gossip.gif ...it's cheaper by the case. poke2.gif

Here's the Cliffs Notes version:

chicken.gif

suckblow.gif

The end.

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

The only thing missing from this thread is this,.....

amb.jpg

acclaim.gifhi.gif

gossip.gif ...it's cheaper by the case. poke2.gif

A thread so nice, it deserves to be bumped twiice!

bumpit.gifbumpit.gif