• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

Nope, no blind spot. I just think you guys are way out of line calling him a scammer, with no proof to back anything up. Like I said, what are you going to do if someone claims the Hulk #181? The deadline isn't even here yet, but you're already dousing him with gasoline and striking the match.

As for my confidence, yes, good customer service, a quality product, competitive pricing, and an easy-to-use website will win it just about every time. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thus the blind spot....to the collection of really bad Ebay feedbacks, to the stringing out of Nikos and Chrome and others here, to the evidence of bait-and-switch and pulled auctions.

In my opinion, these two are pretty good at dousing themselves with gasoline.

Greggy, I am just trying to stay professional about a contest whose rules were stated a long time ago. It is very hard not to respond, although I keep trying to walk away.

So walk away, and I will.

Nope, no blind spot. I just think you guys are way out of line calling him a scammer, with no proof to back anything up. Like I said, what are you going to do if someone claims the Hulk #181? The deadline isn't even here yet, but you're already dousing him with gasoline and striking the match.

As for my confidence, yes, good customer service, a quality product, competitive pricing, and an easy-to-use website will win it just about every time. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thus the blind spot....to the collection of really bad Ebay feedbacks, to the stringing out of Nikos and Chrome and others here, to the evidence of bait-and-switch and pulled auctions.

In my opinion, these two are pretty good at dousing themselves with gasoline.

Whatever Brad, just keep your personal observations of me out of this particular battle. ESPECIALLY if you're not going to give me a damned flower. makepoint.gif

Whatever Brad, just keep your personal observations of me out of this particular battle. ESPECIALLY if you're not going to give me a damned flower. makepoint.gif

It's all personal in Gasoline Alley! But...... flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

I'm........walk...ing.....

EVERY major company in this country, from McDonalds, to Pepsi, etc., that runs giveaway promotions winds up with a very large portion of their potential giveaways being unclaimed.

Scott, cmon.. how many people are we talking about in a Pepsi Givaway, -vs- how many have entered Russ's contest? Not to mention all those that entered Comic's contest ARE interested parties, with a vested interest in how the contest turns out. Not some kid who threw out his Mountain Dew screw cap , and was already factored into the contest results before it even started.

And I might add, EVERY contest I have ever seen, from a radio station vacation givaway, to a sports promo etc... the winners names are not only announced.. but part of a future promo spot. Telling the future buying public about the big Grand prize winner.

There were winners in his past "lottery auctions too" but we never heard from one of them, I even asked him personally about this..

End game here is, buy from Russ if ya want... goody for you.

He has a decent product.. but it is how he sells it that rubs me wrongly.

Decide for yourself if he is a person who you would like to business with.

I gotta add.. Why on earth does it seem to come down to the fine print with this guy all the time?

Sell a product, give stuff away.. whatever, but for crying out loud.... keep it simple.

Ze-

EVERY major company in this country, from McDonalds, to Pepsi, etc., that runs giveaway promotions winds up with a very large portion of their potential giveaways being unclaimed.

Scott, cmon.. how many people are we talking about in a Pepsi Givaway, -vs- how many have entered Russ's contest? Not to mention all those that entered Comic's contest ARE interested parties, with a vested interest in how the contest turns out. Not some kid who threw out his Mountain Dew screw cap , and was already factored into the contest results before it even started.

And I might add, EVERY contest I have ever seen, from a radio station vacation givaway, to a sports promo etc... the winners names are not only announced.. but part of a future promo spot. Telling the future buying public about the big Grand prize winner.

There were winners in his past "lottery auctions too" but we never heard from one of them, I even asked him personally about this..

I gotta add.. Why on earth does it seem to come down to the fine print with this guy all the time?

Sell a product, give stuff away.. whatever, but for crying out loud.... keep it simple.

Ze-

Ze....go to bed. It's done. makepoint.gif

So Red, even if someone does win the Hulk 181, then Russel either:

a-convinces them to let him use their name on here or

b- they actually come on here and make a post

That still will not satisfy either you, or some of the others on here who are giving russ craap about this. Why because as you whowed with OG in the Comic-Keys thread, no amount of evidence will suffice you. Here is how I see that it would work out.

Case A- You still will not think that it is true. You will say that it is something he is making up.

Case B- You still will not think that it is true. You will say that he created a shill account to post this info.

Heck, you probably dont believe me that I won. Im cool with that. Your irrational thought process in this truly amazing, considering how smart of a man you are.

Answer me these questions:

1-Have you ever bought anything off of Russ?

2- If the answer is yes, how was his service to YOU. NOT NIKOS, NOT CHROME, but to you

3- If you have not ever bought from him, either

a- buy from him and see for yourself what happens

b-dont, and leave it be.

flowerred.gif

Arex

Ze-

All good points Ze. Especially the "if you want to buy from him good" and the unstated "if you dont want to buy from him, dont"

Arex

I have some questions for you...

#1- Have you actually read through the Dickwad Seller of the Day thread? If not here it is.

Dickwad Seller of the Day If it's too long for you, read the Cliff Notes somewhere in the thread. Or are you basing your evaluation of CS simply on a few low level transactions with him? Seem like you are.

#2 - Do you understand that Roberts357 is Russ, aka Clive aka ComicSupply?

#3 - Have you seen some of the classy responses Russ has offered up in the past to buyers who gave him problems on Ebay? That's a pretty high number of transactions ending in some pretty vitriolic accusations. Here's a link to that....

Feedback

Does this not raise any concerns with you? You think Russ just has bad luck?

#4 - Are you familiar with the details of the problems Nikos and Chrome (two friends of mine here on the boards) had with roberts357/ComicSupply?

You seem to be of the school that if you haven't been personally slammed yet, it's no concern of yours. My feeling is that this is a community here, and part of the benefit of this place is to watch each others backs. But if I see you about to be slammed by someone, I'll remember to just watch and let it go down on you. We should all be on our own here, right? Makes sense to me.

#5 - If you have read through the above, (and there is more) and you still feel warm and snuggly about dealing with CS, then that's where we part company in this debate. I would never ever buy from ComicSupply.On principal alone. He mistreated several friends of mine - who are total straight arrows and never dump on anyone - on the boards and that is plenty for me. I'm not suggesting anyone not buy from CS, I am simply making folks aware of the past record of extremely dissatisfied customers. I will continue to do so. If you have a problem with you that, you are also welcome to put me on "ignore".

Finally, it appears you don't have a clue as to what was going down in the Comic-Keys thread. I'd do my homework first. You seem to have missed the whole point, but I'm happy to discuss OG's tremendous track record with Keys. I assume you have fully explored his web site on Dupcake? Do you understand what I was griping about in that thread? Seems like you didn't get the point. That has nothing to do with this thread.