• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC SUPPLY HULK 181 GIVEAWAY

256 posts in this topic

You're the doofus that brought it up again. Perhaps you should swallow some of your own advice and stfu next time.

argue.gif

Still that time of month, huh? It's been going on for quite a long time now, I'd suggest seeing a doctor about that... 27_laughing.gif

WTF is your problem? You bring it up and then want say that I am starting trouble. Get real. If you don't want to hear it, then you shouldn't have brought it up.

Don't be such a doofus, do you really think I wanted you to re-hash your one man crusade when I said "Perhaps Deathlok should chime in here with his perception of Sterling's selling practices...."?? foreheadslap.gif

Let me answer that in a language you may understand - 893naughty-thumb.gif.

And speaking of no good deed going unpunished, do you guys realize that this has become so heated because he wanted to GIVE SOMETHING AWAY FOR FREE????

If only the world was as naive... frustrated.gif

He's dangling this comic out there to generate business on his website. Period. He knows the comic's demand in the marketplace and people would spend $25-50 bucks on the website in the hope of winning it. Russ is called many things but stupid businessman isn't one I'd subscribe to...

And based on his history to include hidden identities and agendas, you're damn right some of us are jaded to his intentions.

Also, for full disclosure...I bought comics from Russ under the ComicSupply ID before knowing who he was and was seriously annoyed to find out afterwards I'd been duped. After that instance, and me giving back my $50 gift certificate due to my anger, I decided to give him the benefit of a doubt that maybe he was cleaning up his business and acting responsibly. So I did another deal with him. So you all who think I'm inflexible on issues can kiss my @ss... smirk.gif

Now he has a contest, knows the winner, but refuses to contact said winner to claim prize. That pretty sh!tty customer service no matter how you spin it and implies, in my eyes and based on prior history, there may be no winner...

So now, I'm back to square one again with the guy...

Jim

All Red, myself, and others are saying is that with Russ's history on the boards and with certain board members, he should show a little more honest sales tactics.

His own ad states that winners need to notify Comicsupply to claim prizes, nothing is mentioned that Comicsupply cannot notify the winner that they have won. They are two different actions.

Exactly! His OWN ad states the terms!!! The terms of the contest state that the winner needs to contact them within 3 days of the drawing. What is not clear about that???? What is not honest about that??? Again, if you think it should be done differently, you certainly have a valid opinion, BUT IT'S NOT YOUR CONTEST. START YOUR OWN CONTEST AND DO IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO, but since it's his business, his site, and his contest, he is 100% free to run it the way he wants to. You don't have to like it.

If the terms of the contest stated that the winner needed to send a napkin from McDonald's in order to claim the prize, those are the terms stated in the contest rules. Whether you agree with those terms is another issue from whether he has the right to run the contest the way he sees fit.

He's dangling this comic out there to generate business on his website. Period. He knows the comic's demand in the marketplace and people would spend $25-50 bucks on the website in the hope of winning it. Russ is called many things but stupid businessman isn't one I'd subscribe to.

Of course he's doing it in hopes of generating some extra business!! Businesses do that all the time!!! Is it illegal? Immoral?

Now he has a contest, knows the winner, but refuses to contact said winner to claim prize. That pretty sh!tty customer service no matter how you spin it and implies, in my eyes and based on prior history, there may be no winner...

He doesn't have to contact the winner because THE TERMS OF THE CONTEST WERE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE ALREADY, and that's not one of the terms. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. How is it bad customer service? He never said he'd do it! What is he screwing anyone out of? I got the comics I ordered and was entered in the contest, the same as everyone else who placed orders during that time. What have we been cheated of?

You're the doofus that brought it up again. Perhaps you should swallow some of your own advice and stfu next time.

argue.gif

Still that time of month, huh? It's been going on for quite a long time now, I'd suggest seeing a doctor about that... 27_laughing.gif

WTF is your problem? You bring it up and then want say that I am starting trouble. Get real. If you don't want to hear it, then you shouldn't have brought it up.

Don't be such a doofus, do you really think I wanted you to re-hash your one man crusade when I said "Perhaps Deathlok should chime in here with his perception of Sterling's selling practices...."?? foreheadslap.gif

The fact that you even mentioned my ID and Sterling's as well as your "perception" of the problem, shows that you had every intent of regurgitating the problem. Next time, you don't want to hear about, STFU then. 893censored-thumb.gif

Also, for full disclosure...I bought comics from Russ under the ComicSupply ID before knowing who he was and was seriously annoyed to find out afterwards I'd been duped. After that instance, and me giving back my $50 gift certificate due to my anger, I decided to give him the benefit of a doubt that maybe he was cleaning up his business and acting responsibly. So I did another deal with him. So you all who think I'm inflexible on issues can kiss my @ss... smirk.gif

Jim

And just to add another piece of the puzzle, in an email to another boardmember, Russ explained that he couldn't fill the boardmembers order yet, because he'd gotten a big order from Nikos and was rushing to fill THAT order and cash the check before Nikos realized who he really was. Nikos had ordered from ComicSupply without realizing (how could he?) that CS was really the Roberts357 who had trashed him previously. Russ was lovin' it.

That's my definition of a real scummy.

I got more if you want, Chris......

confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

And just to add another piece of the puzzle, in an email to another boardmember, Russ explained that he couldn't fill the boardmembers order yet, because he'd gotten a big order from Nikos and was rushing to fill THAT order and cash the check before Nikos realized who he really was. Nikos had ordered from ComicSupply without realizing (how could he?) that CS was really the Roberts357 who had trashed him previously. Russ was lovin' it.

That's my definition of a real scummy.

I got more if you want, Chris......

confused-smiley-013.gif

Where the F are my scans....troll? poke2.gif

All Red, myself, and others are saying is that with Russ's history on the boards and with certain board members, he should show a little more honest sales tactics.

His own ad states that winners need to notify Comicsupply to claim prizes, nothing is mentioned that Comicsupply cannot notify the winner that they have won. They are two different actions.

Exactly! His OWN ad states the terms!!! The terms of the contest state that the winner needs to contact them within 3 days of the drawing. What is not clear about that???? What is not honest about that??? Again, if you think it should be done differently, you certainly have a valid opinion, BUT IT'S NOT YOUR CONTEST. START YOUR OWN CONTEST AND DO IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO, but since it's his business, his site, and his contest, he is 100% free to run it the way he wants to. You don't have to like it.

If the terms of the contest stated that the winner needed to send a napkin from McDonald's in order to claim the prize, those are the terms stated in the contest rules. Whether you agree with those terms is another issue from whether he has the right to run the contest the way he sees fit.

OMG, you are naive. His terms state that the winner needs to contact them TO CLAIM the prize. Nothing is mentioned about notifying the winner that they won. You can notify someone without them claiming the prize. For example, Comicsupply could send an e-mail to the winner notifying them they won. They would still have to notify Comicsupply to claim the prize.

Russ chose not to do this, which is not spelled out in his terms. He is hoping he can use the bait for another contest, which makes him more money than the prizes he does give away.

argue.gif

The fact that you even mentioned my ID and Sterling's as well as your "perception" of the problem, shows that you had every intent of regurgitating the problem. Next time, you don't want to hear about, STFU then. 893censored-thumb.gif

You're clueless as usual, and as I'm sure you'll have no problem finding someone else to argue with for the sake of arguing alone, I'm outta here... screwy.gif

argue.gif

You're clueless as usual, and as I'm sure you'll have no problem finding someone else to argue with for the sake of arguing alone, I'm outta here... screwy.gif

Finally! You never should have posted what you did in the first place. Good riddance. yay.gif

argue.gif

Finally! You never should have posted what you did in the first place. Good riddance. yay.gif

poke2.gif

argue.gif

poke2.gif
foreheadslap.gif

well i for one as someone who was not here when all the poo hit the fan in the first place, and as one who has been known to purchase comic books and supplies online, i want to say that i appreciate both sides of the equation coming to the table here.

being able to see the information is a great way to make an informed decision.

plus i got to read the entirety of two flame fests, includin input from people who i had not seen lose their **** before. which is refreshing in my twisted mind.

boy, joe_collector sure was a tool, warn't he? and despite his claims to the contrary, really not all that superiour of mind

And just to add another piece of the puzzle, in an email to another boardmember, Russ explained that he couldn't fill the boardmembers order yet, because he'd gotten a big order from Nikos and was rushing to fill THAT order and cash the check before Nikos realized who he really was. Nikos had ordered from ComicSupply without realizing (how could he?) that CS was really the Roberts357 who had trashed him previously. Russ was lovin' it. That's my definition of a real scummy. I got more if you want, Chris......

Red, I understand why you feel the way you do, and like I said (although it's not a common thing to see admitted here), I don't have all the answers. My involvement in this topic has nothing to do with his past - it stemmed from the fact that the terms of the contest/drawing were clearly spelled out on the site. The winner would need to contact the site. It was not stated that they would contact the winner. Maybe I am naive, but that seems to be pretty easy to understand. It's no different from thousands of other contetst out there, where the winners forfeit their prizes if they don't contact the business running the promotion within a certain timeframe or aren't present when the drawing is held.

Everyone piled on and started telling him how to run the contest and that he should contact the winner, even though that was not stated in the terms. That's the only issue I have. Maybe I'm categorizing and separating all the baggage from the past from this one particular issue. My intention is not defend CS, although I'm sure that's how it's come across by default. He can defend himself. My confusion has come from everyone blasting him for the terms of the giveaway, which were already posted.

Do I know 100% or can I prove that it's not some kind of scam? No. Not any more than any one of the comics offered up in the marketplace isn't some kind of scam. Can any of you prove 100% that it IS a scam? No. I understand if you don't like/trust him, but to assume that this giveaway is automatically a scam or to say that the terms were wrong just because you don't like the way he set them up...just my opinion, but I disagree.

And I would have disagreed no matter whose giveaway it was. I have no personal interest vested in any of this. Unless, of course, I win if it's reposted, in which case you can all kiss my Hulk 181. smile.gif

Geez, what time is it? Can I go home yet? smile.gif