• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RUDY NEBRES available for commissions

18 posts in this topic

I live rather close to Rudy Nebres and over the years I have sent one or two collectors his way for commissions. So when I saw him and his wife today at the NJ Comic Expo we got to talking (it was rather under-attended) and eventually decided that I would try and facilitate some commissions for him if anyone is interested.

He was hesitant to give advance prices but we are going to talk again later today. Basically he wants to price each piece according to the request and then we can see if that is acceptable to the buyer. If a few sell I am sure I will have an idea of his pricing structure but if you want to get it now just PM me. He mentioned Christmas coming, so I get the idea the turnaround will be relatively fast. He says work comes in bunches but he has time now for commissions.

8.5x11, 11x17, 11x14, 22X17 double page splash...whatever you want. His ink work is my favorite but pencil, ink and color are all available. Probably best to stick to stuff he knows well, but with his career that is just about everything.

Prices are influenced by use of color, character choice and number, background detail, and size.

11x17 b&w multiple character start at $500

9x12 single character b&w, or limited color such as the Hulk below, start at $175

PM me here or email fedres@optonline.net if you are interested. I will get back within 48 hours with information on your request.

Edited by Bird

Yes, vaillant of course you are correct. Here is one I commissioned a few years ago.

NEBREScommissiondrac-doc.jpg

This type of commission is in the $500-$600 range more likely than not, depending on characters.

Edited by Bird

That is a real beauty Brian! I will mention to Rudy how pleased you seem to be with the commission; I know it will mean a lot to him.

The examples above are also available for purchase starting at $175. PM me if interested.

Edited by Bird

I am bringing the first order to Rudy Nebres on Saturday to go over them in person and then off we go. I will also be getting pricing on the one or two outstanding requests at that time.

Anyone else? :devil:

Edited by Bird

On 11/25/2015 at 11:45 AM, Bird said:

I am bringing the first order to Rudy Nebres on Saturday to go over them in person and then off we go. I will also be getting pricing on the one or two outstanding requests at that time.

Anyone else? :devil:

I just recently picked up a copy of Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu and saw some of Rudy's art. Pretty blown away, and did a google search and this topic was high in the list. I know it's a few years old, but I'd love to be able to any kind of art from him. 

Anyone selling or know if he still does cons or commissions?

7 hours ago, digitalbc said:

I just recently picked up a copy of Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu and saw some of Rudy's art. Pretty blown away, and did a google search and this topic was high in the list. I know it's a few years old, but I'd love to be able to any kind of art from him. 

Anyone selling or know if he still does cons or commissions?

I can likely help you out. I haven't spoken to Mr.Nebres in a while but he lives nearby. PM me if you'd like.

For everyone else, I kinda got tired of hassling Rudy and then having people not follow through. And it was a lot of work for little personal reward (yes, a light fee, lots of satisfaction on helping him out, and seeing his studio alot.) But he is a workhorse and I'll give you his phone number if you want to call him. (No internet for Mr. Nebres, at least as far as I know.)

I don't want to come off as TOO MUCH of a about this. :nyah: I enjoyed doing it but I just didn't feel that each and every person understood that inquiries into commissions were met with great expectation by Mr. Nebres and I was the one asking about pricing again and again with only a few hits. And I really appreciate those individuals who commissioned Mr. Nebres through me, they were perfect gentlemen and I have zero issue, ZERO, with anyone that made a purchase. I have zero issue with anyone actually, except myself who seemed to be wasting some of this man's time and neither he nor I enjoyed that part. But thanks again to the guys who purchased a piece...I thought they all came out gangbusters and was proud to send them along on their way. I will say that one person inquired (a nice guy from what I can tell and a boardie I believe) and I felt uncomfortable facilitating because it just didn't seem like it would work and I did not want to be stuck in the middle there. And one hoped for a little correspondence from Mr. Nebres which did not happen to my knowledge but he got his commission to spec. 

So anyone who sees the above examples and wants in, feel free to PM. I will either get involved directly or pass along contact info, whatever suits you. It is not my job and faaaar more hassle than it is worth for me but I want this great artist to get all the work he can so serious inquiries will continue to be addressed. I do not consider myself his rep in any capacity (which is why I stopped soliciting...my exposure was a bit much considering everything) just a collector who wants to help him get some $.

8 hours ago, Mftonto said:

I just came across this thread and wondered if Rudy was still taking commissions? I know it’s been some time since this was posted but thought I would ask.

Yeah, I would imagine that he is still game although I no longer see him or handle any commissions. He is listed in the NJ phone book for Edison/Highland Park and has no problem with people calling him directly.

He was great to work with and had quick turnaround times but I decided that I was placing myself in a difficult position should problems with shipping or customer satisfaction occur. And too many people were asking for price quotes, which necessitated a call to Mr. Nebres to set up an appointment where we could go over everything exactly, and then not following through. I didn't like using his time like that, or mine.

But he's aces in my book! Good luck!

On 11/21/2015 at 3:13 PM, Bird said:

Yes, vaillant of course you are correct. Here is one I commissioned a few years ago.

NEBREScommissiondrac-doc.jpg

This type of commission is in the $500-$600 range more likely than not, depending on characters.

:bump:

Dear Mr. Bird,

My name is Kev Ferrara. (Artist of Dead Rider graphic novel from Dark horse) I'm trying to figure out Rudy Nebres' inking materials. I was wondering, since you've been to his studio many times, if you can supply any details? Type of pen nib? Type of Brush? Type of Ink? Type of paper?

I know this is a lot to ask. And I don't even know how this forum works. This is my first post. So hopefully you'll see it. I don't know how to Private Message a member, or even if that is allowed.

Sincerly
Kev

On 8/22/2018 at 8:53 AM, Hulk213 said:

I just came across this thread and wondered if Rudy was still taking commissions? I know it’s been some time since this was posted but thought I would ask.

Hello, I just came across your question about Rudy. Yes, he is now 86 and still available for sketch card, backboards, blank sketch covers,  9x12 and 11x14.  I am now his rep/ assistant . I frequently post Rudy's new & old pieces on FB. I have been working closely with Rudy for 2 years. I also come with references from happy recent buyers. Let me know if you are still interested.