• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2016 Heritage Auction

400 posts in this topic

A Silvestri Wolverine cover if the John Byrne one is too old school for you.

Honestly, that cover doesn't do it for me either. I actually prefer the splash in the Clink auction

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DSilvestri%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item%5F1098885&id=1098885

So does your bank account. 2c

A Silvestri Wolverine cover if the John Byrne one is too old school for you.

Honestly, that cover doesn't do it for me either. I actually prefer the splash in the Clink auction

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DSilvestri%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item%5F1098885&id=1098885

So does your bank account. 2c

Haha. Damn right

Beautiful central image of DD, though the lack of a major villain may have some effect on the realised price. I think this one comes from the collection of Hans Kozenkranius.

Beautiful central image of DD, though the lack of a major villain may have some effect on the realised price. I think this one comes from the collection of Hans Kozenkranius.

Incredible cover. Brings me right back to my chilhood. Villian or no, this will go big.

Does anyone have a pic of which Adams X-men page this is?

X-men #60 page 16

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/neal-adams-and-tom-palmer-x-men/p/7124-64001.s?ic2

All my comics are in storage so I can't look it up.

Thanks!

-Will

Be aware or careful that sometimes Page Numbering has 2 numbers, one for the story page and another or the page count that includes advertising pages, so for sure a confirmed picture of the actual art on the auction site will validate what page it actually is

I was a sophomore in college when this came out, my roommate had one.

I was a sophomore in college when this came out, my roommate had one.

It was a highly promoted book at the time

$2.50 was alot of money

Pretty sure that piece was in the collection of a proud non-Mike regular ol' collector. I'm actually surprised to see it up for sale...it was a mega-grail for that guy (iirc), and it actually sounded like the truth the way he told it...unlike the usual noise you hear everyday on that subject ;) Hope that guy is doing okay in life and not selling for crummy reasons 'n all...

Gorgeous cover! Any estimates?

No idea truthfully. The artist is not impressive but the image is striking and the nostalgia factor is strong.

I see a really big range on this one depending if people sit on their hands after the Burkey fiasco and also not certain how the stock market tanking effects things. Will people want to pour money into tangible assets or feel poorer when looking at their 401k statements

$35k-$75k is my WIDE range

I know its a cop out but thats my guesstimate (for the VERY little it is worth)

Gorgeous cover! Any estimates?

No idea truthfully. The artist is not impressive but the image is striking and the nostalgia factor is strong.

I see a really big range on this one depending if people sit on their hands after the Burkey fiasco and also not certain how the stock market tanking effects things. Will people want to pour money into tangible assets or feel poorer when looking at their 401k statements

$35k-$75k is my WIDE range

I know its a cop out but thats my guesstimate (for the VERY little it is worth)

(shrug) I feel like I am missing something. That cover sold 11 years ago for about $4,700, around the same time a bunch of Bright Layton Iron Man covers came out and sold for about $2,000. Bright pages were selling last year for about $4-600. I just think 7X increase in 11 years is pretty insane.

That cover sold 11 years ago for about $4,700...I just think 7X increase in 11 years is pretty insane.

10x is a general rule of thumb I use for the Dark Ages (2000-2005). This is a notch up in eye-appeal. $35k. If you think you can get it for $12-$15k or in there...best of luck, I'd like to as well :)