Mighty World of Marvel.
2 2

98 posts in this topic

6,661 posts

I have a lot of British stuff from when I was a kid but I read them to death, so seeing your books is an awesome treat, most of my stuff is buried way back in one of my rooms, haven't seen any of them in years.

I don't actively collect British, but as with everything, I cant part with it, so it stays :)

I do have an old pic of Avengers to contribute if that helps.

I took that years ago for Andrews old site, miss that place :(

Will see if I can dig out a few more at some point

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.bbd3de54d0b4409bd9eebb4368979dff.png

88,212 posts
On 9/15/2018 at 2:53 AM, boomtown said:

Love the Marvel UK reprints, although sometimes they really hack up the stories to fit the page counts needed. I recently ran across some of the Planet of the Apes UK issues where they went just a little bit further. The UK title had used up all the material Marvel had printed and needed fresh ape material, Rather than create new stories or wait for Marvel to create them, they decided to take the Killraven story line and to redraw the Martians as apes. Killraven was renamed the Ape Slayer.

pota.thumb.jpg.b69564dacb375201ba4b77f5db0516ec.jpgpota2.thumb.jpg.5b2e5e26dee91fa9c988cefb00bc4824.jpgpota3.thumb.jpg.e4324239d317d954486710a3bfabdde9.jpg

I never knew that. It is weird.

88,212 posts
On 9/17/2018 at 1:19 AM, Kevin.J said:

I have a lot of British stuff from when I was a kid but I read them to death, so seeing your books is an awesome treat, most of my stuff is buried way back in one of my rooms, haven't seen any of them in years.

I don't actively collect British, but as with everything, I cant part with it, so it stays :)

I do have an old pic of Avengers to contribute if that helps.

I took that years ago for Andrews old site, miss that place :(

Will see if I can dig out a few more at some point

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.bbd3de54d0b4409bd9eebb4368979dff.png

Did you have the transfers, Kev?

88,212 posts
On 9/16/2018 at 4:50 PM, batmiesta said:

Brown/orange Hulk. 

Picture208.jpg

On his way back from Ibiza. 

51,906 posts
On 9/14/2018 at 9:53 PM, boomtown said:

Love the Marvel UK reprints, although sometimes they really hack up the stories to fit the page counts needed. I recently ran across some of the Planet of the Apes UK issues where they went just a little bit further. The UK title had used up all the material Marvel had printed and needed fresh ape material, Rather than create new stories or wait for Marvel to create them, they decided to take the Killraven story line and to redraw the Martians as apes. Killraven was renamed the Ape Slayer.

lol That's hilarious

42,029 posts

Whenever I think there is nothing new under the sun as it relates to comics from 1970-1979, something like this shows up.  Thanks for the posts guys.

ApeSlayer!  lol

88,212 posts

Here's some more info about the ApeSlayer following on from Boomtown's excellent post above.

Apeslayer

6,661 posts
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, Comicopolis said:

Did you have the transfers, Kev?

I think I do, 99% sure, long time since I seen this comic, its an old pic from your old site

38,474 posts
2 hours ago, Kevin.J said:

I think I do, 99% sure, long time since I seen this comic, its an old pic from your old site

I miss that site. :frown:

38,474 posts
On 9/16/2018 at 6:28 PM, batmiesta said:

Is it only me and KA looking at this thread or what?

:hi:I'm here too(Hi Kev! as well).Here's a book I have in my imgur account right now.Kev,I still have the Hulk and Thor issues from you, and @Comicopolis the Captain Britain and Spiderman Weeklies from you as well-but I'm terribly unorganized and worse at getting pics up.

1N603Ow.jpg

1,972 posts

More Mighty World of Marvel silliness. Remove Iron Man, insert Spider-Man, presto new cover!

im45.thumb.jpg.6970b5087ae6cea2159afad9d2ccf002.jpgsm78.thumb.jpg.1920c5520b35bfddb6d66a00d953fb94.jpg

88,212 posts

:roflmao:The Brits are always good at stealing from others.

107 posts

The cover's dialogue doesn't make much sense.  What would Spidey blast the demonstrators with, his repulsor rays?  But it was probably a wise decision to avoid the bukkake look of the original.

3,670 posts

DSC01026.JPG