• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GGA - Deadlier Than The Male
4 4

734 posts in this topic

Here is a real tough book to find in nice shape. This copy has beautiful Cream/OW PQ and overall is probably a 3.5 or 4.0 book. One of my prized possessions. Don't know how to scan the last story based on the Cover Art but it's a great one. From Sept-Oct. 1953:

PS--Wish I knew who the cover artist was on the book.

001_8.jpg

Here is a real tough book to find in nice shape. This copy has beautiful Cream/OW PQ and overall is probably a 3.5 or 4.0 book. One of my prized possessions. Don't know how to scan the last story based on the Cover Art but it's a great one. From Sept-Oct. 1953:

PS--Wish I knew who the cover artist was on the book.

001_8.jpg

"Even if Daring Love #1 (cover dated Sept.-Oct. 1953) was not the obscure (Overstreet says “scarce”) love comic that contained Steve Ditko’s first published story, it might be known for its cover by Bernard Baily, which illustrates the historic Ditko tale."

Daring Love #1

Thanks whole bunchies for the link. Always wanted to know the cover artist. Didn't know it was Steve Ditko's first published story either.

Again, thanks for the information. Will come in handy if I ever decide to part with the book but I'm hanging onto it for a long time.

Steve

Looks like a pretty nice copy to me. Too many HG elitists on these boards. Lower grade books allow one to read the book and enjoy flipping through the pages.

I appreciate high grade books, but I also love the lower grade copies. My HGs are slabbed and stored away - never to see the light of day. But I can touch, read, and smell my mid-low grade comics every day (thumbs u

Too many HG elitists on these boards. Lower grade books allow one to read the book and enjoy flipping through the pages.

I couldn'tna said it better!

All this jive about "pedigree copies", CGC numerical grade assignments, slabbing, GPA, Heritage overpriced auctions, etc., is another world AFAIAC, and one that I have no interest in being a part of.

Dig my sig, eh eh.

Okay, I admit the cover of Miss America #3 is not very dangerous or threatening. But as far as GGA goes, I kinda like it... :luhv:

img151.jpg

There's two action-packed stories on the inside...

img152.jpg

img153.jpg

Nothing says FEMDOM like a beautiful woman in tights beating a man to a pulp before sending him to the electric chair...

img154.jpg

img156.jpg

And for those of you who want to dress like Miss America...

img157.jpg