• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GGA - Deadlier Than The Male
4 4

734 posts in this topic

Just in bin. Villainess Arda Thorn strikes a sexy pose on cover by Reed Crandall as she watches Blackhawk beat up the bad guys.

image3008.jpg

(worship) Arda Thorne.

Nice book! (thumbs u I've always loved that cover.

It's a shame that they had to edit the gun out of her hand in the Canadian edition.

Splash page from Miss America #4 (Volume 1)...

img167.jpg

A page of fighting action...

img168.jpg

Miss America is bound and gagged! :ohnoez: Will she escape in time?

img169.jpg

img170.jpg

Two more criminals are sent to fry in the electric chair! :devil:

So...... what are you wearing this holiday season?

img171.jpg

Luv those Miss America splash and story pages, Mr. LL.

Her talents was fisticuffs?

Does anyone know if all the Miss America art was by Pauline Loth?

Along with the ability to fly, Miss America was very talented with her fists. Her stories contained a lot of good ole fashioned butt-whoopin' :makepoint:

I think Pauline Loth was the artist for all of Miss America's stories in her own comic/mag, but Miss America made several previous appearances in Marvel Mystery Comics and I'm not sure who drew those. Perhaps someone with more Marvel/Timely knowledge could enlighten us?

Luv those Miss America splash and story pages, Mr. LL.

Her talents was fisticuffs?

Does anyone know if all the Miss America art was by Pauline Loth?

Along with the ability to fly, Miss America was very talented with her fists. Her stories contained a lot of good ole fashioned butt-whoopin' :makepoint:

I think Pauline Loth was the artist for all of Miss America's stories in her own comic/mag, but Miss America made several previous appearances in Marvel Mystery Comics and I'm not sure who drew those. Perhaps someone with more Marvel/Timely knowledge could enlighten us?

I think Ken Bald drew some of them.

Wow, the writer (Bill Finger, according to GCD) sure put a lot of expository verbiage on that "Mystery of the Shocker" splash page. Was he being paid by the word???

Although this was the second issue of Miss America, it was the first issue in the new magazine format - which was specifically targeted toward teenage girls. I suspect Marvel felt there would be many first time readers, and thus a recap of Miss America's origin was in order. But that's just my hunch. hm

Wow, the writer (Bill Finger, according to GCD) sure put a lot of expository verbiage on that "Mystery of the Shocker" splash page. Was he being paid by the word???

Although this was the second issue of Miss America, it was the first issue in the new magazine format - which was specifically targeted toward teenage girls. I suspect Marvel felt there would be many first time readers, and thus a recap of Miss America's origin was in order. But that's just my hunch. hm

Sounds plausible to me. Even highly likely.