• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GGA - Deadlier Than The Male
4 4

734 posts in this topic

Schomburg was very good! :headbang:

Schomberg could be Good.

fightingyank21.jpg

Schomberg could be Good.

fightingyank21.jpg

Yeah, I like Schomburg too

comfightingyank23_zps650toq96.jpg

But no love for the master Wallace Wood?

comshocksuspense6_zpsj3lykwfp.jpg

I have plenty of love for Wallace Wood. When it comes to drawing women, I give Wally the edge over Schomburg, and I'd put him on par with Matt Baker.

Another artist who deserves some love is Will Eisner. From what I've read, he created the Lady Luck character, but never drew her stories. ??? What a combo that would've been...

Love Whitman though some of his girls' faces on titles like Ghost or Cowgirl Romances could be hit or miss but his batting average is high enough -

Kaanga18_zps0d97e960.jpg

I really like this cover and a great looking copy too.

I like how the action is breaking out of the "picture frame" background on all sides.

Love Whitman though some of his girls' faces on titles like Ghost or Cowgirl Romances could be hit or miss but his batting average is high enough -

Kaanga18_zps0d97e960.jpg

I really like this cover and a great looking copy too.

I like how the action is breaking out of the "picture frame" background on all sides.

..... I love the later Whitman cover period..... they all seem good while many are just fantastic. Fiction House is such a fun publisher..... hundreds of memorable covers almost from their beginnings. I'm surprised that so many can still be had for reasonable prices..... VF's from the late 40's to early 50's can often be found for less than a 200 dollars..... except for the Planets. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u