• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GGA - Deadlier Than The Male
4 4

734 posts in this topic

I love the well-known characters such as Blonde Phantom, Miss Fury, Black Cat, Sun Girl, Miss Masque, etc. But I also really enjoy the lesser-known characters like Jane Martin, Sally O'Neil, The Woman in Red, Lady Satan, The Black Angel, etc.

Oh boy...now you've gone and done it...bringing up Sun Girl. Now, you leave me no choice but to represent Moon Girl. We all know the story...Max Gaines comes up with Moon Girl in Sept. '47. Then, a year later, Ken Bald (working for Timely) says to his colleagues...hey that Moon Girl over at EC was a great idea...why don't we do Sun Girl. :idea:

OK, I made up that story, but seems plausible. :D Anyway, Gaines "borrowed" a lot of the Moon Girl vibes from Wonder Woman :whistle:

Here's her first appearance. I like the role reversal...the dude (The Prince) is being thrashed by some ladies (check out the pink panties), and Moon Girl is about to kick , take names, and save him. :luhv:

moongirl1_f.jpg

I love the well-known characters such as Blonde Phantom, Miss Fury, Black Cat, Sun Girl, Miss Masque, etc. But I also really enjoy the lesser-known characters like Jane Martin, Sally O'Neil, The Woman in Red, Lady Satan, The Black Angel, etc.

Oh boy...now you've gone and done it...bringing up Sun Girl. Now, you leave me no choice but to represent Moon Girl. We all know the story...Max Gaines comes up with Moon Girl in Sept. '47. Then, a year later, Ken Bald (working for Timely) says to his colleagues...hey that Moon Girl over at EC was a great idea...why don't we do Sun Girl. :idea:

OK, I made up that story, but seems plausible. :D Anyway, Gaines "borrowed" a lot of the Moon Girl vibes from Wonder Woman :whistle:

Here's her first appearance. I like the role reversal...the dude (The Prince) is being thrashed by some ladies (check out the pink panties), and Moon Girl is about to kick , take names, and save him. :luhv:

moongirl1_f.jpg

Love that book! I don't think I've ever seen a high-grade copy. hm

spirit22.jpg

I've always loved that cover ... but how practical is it to store your dagger in your nylons? Or is it possible she's a secretary, that's a letter opener, and she's just getting ready to get work? hm

spirit22.jpg

I've always loved that cover ... but how practical is it to store your dagger in your nylons? Or is it possible she's a secretary, that's a letter opener, and she's just getting ready to get work? hm

She keeps the rolodex in her bra :gossip:

Here's a cool splash page...from Daredevil Comics #40 (no idea why I have this book...was an impulse buy...nor do I recall why I took a pic of the splash page (shrug) )

Here we have Sherry...she was supposed to marry Bill (that's Bill on the floor there). Bill wasn't a nice guy, it turns out. Bill and Sherry were arguing...Sherry's sick brother (in the bed) tried to come to her defense. Bill started thrashing the sick brother. Sherry basically says 'Bill, if you don't leave, I'll shoot you.' Damn if she didn't do it...a gut shot, no less!

ddcomics40_p1_zpsf64cc6ca.jpg

So many incredible covers!! :applause::applause::applause:

Spirit #22 is such a classic cover that even CGC mentions it on the label.

Bulls Eye (with the Lady Satan cover) and Molly O'Day are beautiful copies with breathtaking covers! I think Molly O'Day would make my all-time Top-10 GGA list.

I'm also enjoying all the Moon Girl! :popcorn:

spirit22.jpg

I've always loved that cover ... but how practical is it to store your dagger in your nylons? Or is it possible she's a secretary, that's a letter opener, and she's just getting ready to get to work? hm

She keeps the rolodex in her bra :gossip:

Seems like there might be room....