• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DK III The Master Race by Frank Miller, Brian Azzarello, Janson, Kubert

86 posts in this topic

Loved DKR. DKSB was abysmal. I felt like the most interesting thing about that book was The Atom. The art, the color and the designs on some of those characters were just WTF!?!

With regard to story, I wasn't expecting DKR again, but a logical continuation to the first series. This felt like such a departure on all levels that it turned me off completely.

Having said that, I will give DK III a shot. I like everyone working on those books and hope it's a good story.

They have some great covers for the 1st issue. My favorites are--

- J Scott Campbell

- Walt Simonson

- John Cassady

- Josh Middleton

- Simon Bisley

- Greg Capullo

- Jim Lee (Refuse to pay that ridiculous amount for that cover though)

- Sean Murphy

- Darwyn Cooke

- Adam Hughes

Probably the biggest disappointment is the Neal Adams cover. You'd think that a man most associated with the character would bring his A game but he left it at the door. 3 quarters of the cover is cape. For a second, I thought I was looking at a Spawn cover. For a man who prides himself using good layout techniques, this cover feels limp. Too bad.

Loved DKR. DKSB was abysmal. I felt like the most interesting thing about that book was The Atom. The art, the color and the designs on some of those characters were just WTF!?!

With regard to story, I wasn't expecting DKR again, but a logical continuation to the first series. This felt like such a departure on all levels that it turned me off completely.

Having said that, I will give DK III a shot. I like everyone working on those books and hope it's a good story.

They have some great covers for the 1st issue. My favorites are--

- J Scott Campbell

- Walt Simonson

- John Cassady

- Josh Middleton

- Simon Bisley

- Greg Capullo

- Jim Lee (Refuse to pay that ridiculous amount for that cover though)

- Sean Murphy

- Darwyn Cooke

- Adam Hughes

Probably the biggest disappointment is the Neal Adams cover. You'd think that a man most associated with the character would bring his A game but he left it at the door. 3 quarters of the cover is cape. For a second, I thought I was looking at a Spawn cover. For a man who prides himself using good layout techniques, this cover feels limp. Too bad.

Like Frank Miller, old men loose their talent.

Just read it and more than happy with both stories. :applause:

No spoilers here just a suggestion that if you liked the first one, you'll probably like this. The one complaint ? It felt like it ended faster than I was hoping. I could've read this all night. Great start imo.

Sooooo, as far as the story goes....

I've read the first issue and it pains me to say, I'm not impressed. Just typing this hurts. WWe'll see how the story plays out, but thus far so-so. Pizz on all of the various covers, I want a great story. Maybe I'm in the minority.

I've read the first issue and it pains me to say, I'm not impressed. Just typing this hurts. WWe'll see how the story plays out, but thus far so-so. Pizz on all of the various covers, I want a great story. Maybe I'm in the minority.

I've heard the same from many people....

+1 me too

Story wise..... :taptaptap:

Then again, I would ask myself, was I disappointed because of the story OR was I disappointed because the book was sooooo hyped up that my expectation went through the roof.... hm???