• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You slabbed what?

118 posts in this topic

great thread idea....

anyone have pics of slabs where the book is worth less than the cost to slab it?

:kidaround:

That's probably over 90% of what you see on the census. :/

If you want cringe-worthy, bottom-of-the-barrel, dollar bin rejects that no one with any self-respect would ever submit, I have some for you, especially for you Speedball aficionados out there:

Speedball1988-001-CGC98U-0260076015_zpszkmczbso.jpg

MarvelSuperHeroes1990-014-CGC98U-0260076008_zpsjrnokn0s.jpg

NewWarriors1990-027-CGC98SS-1193064001_zpsvtj1gq65.jpg

Those are awesome :applause:

I have countless books slabbed, that the vast majority of collectors would shake their heads at.

(Scoff at more like! lol!)

Helps keep this "bright blue ball, just spinning, spinning free."

Or

There is the tried and true, "What I slab is awesome and what you slab sucks"

+1 on that. It's a fun diversion, mighty challenging and super educational to try to put together runs of less popular titles. Example: I'm building an Authority 1-29 run and not only do I have the only graded copy of many of them, I have the only two copies (with squibs :frustrated:) I have no illusions about resale value. But... it's fun!

Check out my WTB thread. You can see the full glory of my obscure wants.

Well said Rob (thumbs u Our Hawkeye sets are a good example.

Not many individuals would want to take the time going through boxes (dollar bins basically) and or surfing for anything past issue #1.

Let alone pay to get all four issues slabified. lol

Than add some plausible prescreens and presses, than shipping & insurance to and fro.....it is down right comical!!

But I love Clint, loved that series back in the day. So I wanted a slabbed HG set for nostalgia purposes. I'm proud of my Natty Ice regarded books n price....but than add their Caymus 97 process n price all the way through encapsulation.....and even I have to laugh at myself. lol Funny books, make for funny collections.

(What I have in bold of yours - made me laugh out loud and almost spew my tea!!)

This is the one:

E667A239-A5F1-46A8-B7BA-22E8FFCE90B6.jpg

Just curious about the Green Qualified label here.

Is it up to CGC to decide whether the book receives a Green Qualified graded label or if it receives a Blue 0.5 graded Incomplete label? Or can the submittor request a particular label if he was already aware of the missing pages prior to submission? ???

I see many slabbed comics that I wouldn't dream of slabbing. Especially a low grade non-key comic. But that doesn't mean a complete waste to the one submitting. There could be many reasons why. Maybe it's a cherished childhood treasure? Or a collector of a series that wants all graded copies. Or the comic is needed for somebody's registry set.

True but some are just funny though when you see them. Like a .5 restored Amazing Spider Girl #1!

I'm actually trying to find a dreky comic slabbed in 9.8....it is so dreky, there are only two on the census. What would be the best way to accomplish this?

If it's Flaming Carrot #16, they're both mine and they're not for sale. :sumo: