• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You slabbed what?

118 posts in this topic

great thread idea....

anyone have pics of slabs where the book is worth less than the cost to slab it?

:kidaround:

That's probably over 90% of what you see on the census. :/

If you want cringe-worthy, bottom-of-the-barrel, dollar bin rejects that no one with any self-respect would ever submit, I have some for you, especially for you Speedball aficionados out there:

Speedball1988-001-CGC98U-0260076015_zpszkmczbso.jpg

MarvelSuperHeroes1990-014-CGC98U-0260076008_zpsjrnokn0s.jpg

NewWarriors1990-027-CGC98SS-1193064001_zpsvtj1gq65.jpg

Those are awesome :applause:

+1. Wait, the New Warriors #27 is signed though. :insane:

great thread idea....

anyone have pics of slabs where the book is worth less than the cost to slab it?

:kidaround:

That's probably over 90% of what you see on the census. :/

If you want cringe-worthy, bottom-of-the-barrel, dollar bin rejects that no one with any self-respect would ever submit, I have some for you, especially for you Speedball aficionados out there:

Speedball1988-001-CGC98U-0260076015_zpszkmczbso.jpg

MarvelSuperHeroes1990-014-CGC98U-0260076008_zpsjrnokn0s.jpg

NewWarriors1990-027-CGC98SS-1193064001_zpsvtj1gq65.jpg

Those are awesome :applause:

+1. Wait, the New Warriors #27 is signed though. :insane:

In the sea of $1 bin fodder there is salvation. An unblemished book rescued from a junk box now preserved in its perfect state. There is beauty in transubstantiating this scorned, hated, worthless drek into something fine and desirable.

:angel:

In the sea of $1 bin fodder there is salvation. An unblemished book rescued from a junk box now preserved in its perfect state. There is beauty in transubstantiating this scorned, hated, worthless drek into something fine and desirable.

:angel:

no

Some of my encapsulated gems:

RRhOiEB.jpg

This one I slabbed purely as a preservation project since I love the cover. And yes, that says BRITTLE pages. Also, it was free, so...

i4XjwPA.jpg

I thought this one was the first appearance of Jason Todd. doh!

And some comics I had graded or bought slabbed just because they said "Pittsburgh" on them:

EdB1Q53l.jpg

27zRcQxl.jpg

6lnE0rQ.jpg

RRhOiEB.jpg

This one I slabbed purely as a preservation project since I love the cover. And yes, that says BRITTLE pages. Also, it was free, so...

i4XjwPA.jpg

And some comics I had graded or bought slabbed just because they said "Pittsburgh" on them:

EdB1Q53l.jpg

27zRcQxl.jpg

6lnE0rQ.jpg

Batman 408...wouldn't be as funny if you didn't own up to the mistake! :grin:

And why would things with Pittsburgh be slab-worthy? Not to say anything bad about the 3-rivers area....love that town.

needed a 15th book to submit and grabbed my usagi yojimbo 1 since it was nm/m ..figured it was worth a couple hundred. Just read my CGC verification notes and I guess theres a second print worth about 2 dollars and it says second print in big letters on the back cover. never noticed ..hence my user name..

RRhOiEB.jpg

i4XjwPA.jpg

EdB1Q53l.jpg

27zRcQxl.jpg

6lnE0rQ.jpg

Batman 408...wouldn't be as funny if you didn't own up to the mistake! :grin:

And why would things with Pittsburgh be slab-worthy? Not to say anything bad about the 3-rivers area....love that town.

That's my point. Nothing with Pittsburgh is necessarily slab-worthy, but it's where I live and if I can get a 9.6/9.8 or buy it stabbed at a good price, then I will.