• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RICH'S BLACK FRIDAY THANKSGIVING WEEKEND Signature Series sale!
2 2

708 posts in this topic

Avengers #4 CGC 9.4 s/s Stan Lee & Joe Simon - $3200

(Golden Record Reprint)

Gorgeous copy. White pages, perfect centering, exceptional.

Both signatures are clean and pop.

Another book you can't replicate or duplicate again---I don't know how many double signed with Simon are out there

avengers4.jpg

Star Wars #1 (movie photo variant) CGC 9.8 s/s Mark Hamill - $450

*(It's public knowledge now that moving forward into the new year, Hamill is going to be practically doubling his signing fees)

sw1photo.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Star Wars Splinter of the Mind's Eye #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Alan Dean Foster - $475

Anyone who is a SW fanatic, probably knows that ADF was hired by Lucas to write (again, this is back in the 70s prior to ESB) the follow up to New Hope. That story was Splinter of the Mind's Eye. The book was released, but Empire was the sequel. Dark Horse adapted it in the early 90s.

ADF doesn't do shows or appearances---pretty much ever. This is part of the only signing to date for CGC signature series, a mail away I did with Alan earlier this year. The only s/s books on census are the ones that I did privately with ADF.

Below is my last 9.8 copy of #1

swsplinter1B.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

These next few books are priced pretty much on sheer availability, signatures and the probability that many of these signatures are not very likely to be replicated (for obvious reasons).

1) announced retirement from signings

2) lack of interest in shows and/or private signings due to personal reasons

These were difficult to get from the get go---and you don't see many of these books on the market because those guys who have them---are in black hole collections.

Ignore the grade, focus on the signatures. They're all rock solid.

If you pass, pass because the price tag is too steep or because you're patient enough to wait for someone else to sell their copies at some point in time.

But please think twice about passing if it's because you're patient enough to wait to get the signatures yourself at some point down the road. You'll be waiting a VERY long time. :thumbsup:

Harmon, Schmitty & JJ will no doubt back me up on that.

Sandman #2 CGC 9.6 s/s Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth & Dave McKean - $500

SOLD

Census stats---3 copies at 9.8 s/s (don't know who is on them, have to assume at least one is Neil Gaiman---) with one recorded sale in 2013. Not Gaiman.

The next highest is this book, which stands alone in the 9.6 s/s census.

Then there are some 9.4 and 9.2 s/s ,but don't know who is on them.

sandman2B.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Sandman #2 CGC 9.6 s/s Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth & Dave McKean - $500

Census stats---3 copies at 9.8 s/s (don't know who is on them, have to assume at least one is Neil Gaiman---) with one recorded sale in 2013. Not Gaiman.

The next highest is this book, which stands alone in the 9.6 s/s census.

Then there are some 9.4 and 9.2 s/s ,but don't know who is on them.

sandman2B.jpg

:takeit: