• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix Streaming

146 posts in this topic

Second vote for How to Draw a Bunny and Herb & Dorothy

You should watch Marwencol. Try not to read anything about it, as much is given up in the description. All you need to know is that a guy with amnesia is building dioramas of WWII soldier action scenes using action figures, and photographing them. It's a documentary and the slow answering of all the "why"s is amazing.

I've seen that, very good!

Watched the first two episodes back to back. That was two weeks ago. I'll watch the rest soon enough, but I'm finding it rather easy to put other things ahead right now. The show is nice but as one (probably all) reviewer wrote: very very cliched characters. It's almost painful to anybody with a working knowledge of the art world, collectors, auctions. But the general public...I'm sure it's fine entertainment.

So what did I put ahead? Well tonight it's Bettie Page Reveals All that's dropping off NF streaming 12/20! You get Theakston and Olivia right at the opening :)

Watched the Bettie Page documentary last night and enjoyed it, loved seeing Dave Stevens in it. Thanks.

Bettie Page Revels All was a very well done documentary. I might have liked it a little more as I am a pinup photographer, but I found it a well presented, fascinating story. It does have the art tie in with Dave Stevens and it's always great to see Stevens.

A few documentaries listed above that I definitely need to check out. Once I'm finished watching Jessica Jones, which is really good.

One documentary I watched, that's not art related, but was very interesting was the one on Muscle Shoals recording studio. Just a cool documentary on the infamous "Muscle Shoals" sound and all the artists that recorded there and came through to record there.

Bumped into "Tim's Vermeer", have it loaned out from my public library (a great way to SEE things w/o committing to owning them!) Looks like fun, but haven't watched it yet. That Crackle show continues to get pushed to the back of the line...

Bumped into "Tim's Vermeer", have it loaned out from my public library (a great way to SEE things w/o committing to owning them!) Looks like fun, but haven't watched it yet. That Crackle show continues to get pushed to the back of the line...

I thought they made a good case for the method that they believe Vermeer used when painting.

I thought they made a good case for the method that they believe Vermeer used when painting.

I'm convinced, but even if Tim got it wrong...what a great film!

Started watching Raiders of the Lost Art on Netflix; 6 documentaries related to art that was assumed to be lost or stolen and found later. The first episode - Hitler's Art Dealer - tells the story of the Gurlitt Case of 2010 where German police found over 1200 works of art in a small Munich apartment. Other episodes include the Monuments Men story, Mona Lisa theft, Faberge Eggs, Vermeer's and Van Gogh's. I'm only 1 1/2 episodes in, but well done so far.

Started watching Raiders of the Lost Art on Netflix; 6 documentaries related to art that was assumed to be lost or stolen and found later. The first episode - Hitler's Art Dealer - tells the story of the Gurlitt Case of 2010 where German police found over 1200 works of art in a small Munich apartment. Other episodes include the Monuments Men story, Mona Lisa theft, Faberge Eggs, Vermeer's and Van Gogh's. I'm only 1 1/2 episodes in, but well done so far.

Finished those last week. Quite good. (thumbs u

If you liked those, you may like THE ART OF THE STEAL about how the city of Philadelphia basically took famous paintings from a deceased collector who originally wanted to maintain them at his home to inspire future artists. Talk about "too much government".

If you liked those, you may like THE ART OF THE STEAL about how the city of Philadelphia basically took famous paintings from a deceased collector who originally wanted to maintain them at his home to inspire future artists. Talk about "too much government".

I line in northcentral NJ and heard about this home/museum. I had plans to go see the collection and then the gubment stepped in and ruined that!

Not on Netflix that I'm aware of, but just watched Art and Craft on Amazon Prime. It's up there with Art of the Steal as one of my favorite docs about art now. Sad, and funny. Touching and all kinds of messed up. And of special interest to this board because it's about forgeries, and there were a couple names in there familiar to the folks here.

http://artandcraftfilm.com/about-the-film/

Not on Netflix that I'm aware of, but just watched Art and Craft on Amazon Prime. It's up there with Art of the Steal as one of my favorite docs about art now. Sad, and funny. Touching and all kinds of messed up. And of special interest to this board because it's about forgeries, and there were a couple names in there familiar to the folks here.

http://artandcraftfilm.com/about-the-film/

Just checked Netflix, it's on there. And added to my queue :golfclap: