• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What moderns we love READING?

39 posts in this topic

Brubaker's noir stuff like Criminal.Also liked his Captain America run.

Most anything by Ennis, Preacher is an all time favorite and Ennis' Hellblazer run was incredible.

I'll buy stuff by Daniel Clowes and Peter Bagge when they put books out but that's about it.

Welcome back

Most anything by Ennis, Preacher is an all time favorite and Ennis' Hellblazer run was incredible.

I'll buy stuff by Daniel Clowes and Peter Bagge when they put books out but that's about it.

Criminal was great.

I've culled my moderns significantly lately because I've been spending way too much money sending books to CGC ... and way too much time packing and shipping instead of reading :)

I'm pretty mainstream. No qualms about it:

- Batman (I'm actually enjoying the Gordon "era", though solicits show it's ending pretty quick)

- Lazarus (love me some Rucka)

- Black Magick (see above)

- Archie (takes me back to being a kid on the road with an Archie Digest in hand)

- Grayson (King and Seeley are SUPERSTARS)

I'm definitely going to check out Vision #1 ... when it gets on Marvel Unlimited. I've stopped buying Marvel just because of my sub with Unlimited ;)

Well. Stopped buying to read, I should say.

Seeing Uber made me think of how much has changed in just 2 years. This book was a hit until Avatar kept putting out additional prints of the 1st issue. A couple of years later, Black Mask has done something similar with We Can Never Go Home and it has been super well received. Either habits or the people collecting books have changed in that time. Not trying to derail the thread, just an observation.

I'm looking forward to catching up on Uber.

I'm enjoying all of the Valiant titles, but especially Ninjak, Bloodshot: Reborn, Imperium, and Ivar, Timewalker.

Ivar, Timewalker is my current favorite (thumbs u

I'll try pretty much anything FVL writes. I'm hoping that the as-yet-unnnamed project he's working on for Valiant is an AnonLurker mini or series

The Fade Out

Rumble

Empire Uprising

How would you rate the new Empire relative to the original stuff ?

It's good, but not quite at the level of the original series. It deals pretty well with continuity and loose ends. There's not as much detail in the art in my opinion.

If it was released on a timely schedule I'd be happier. I emailed Mark Waid and issue 5 will hit in 2016.

Welcome back

Thanks, Jason. (thumbs u