• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What moderns we love READING?

39 posts in this topic

I thought I'd open a thread to mention and perhaps discuss the modern comics that people are reading.

I read Tokyo Ghost 1-3, American Vampire 11, Outcast 13, and Postal 8 tonight, and think that every one of those books was on point this month!!

The last books that I really enjoyed were East of West #21, Walking Dead #148, and DK III. In addition to paper printings, I've started buying a few books I can't wait to read in digital format. I was already buying EOW and TWD this way. DK III just joined the crowd. I've been reading a LOT of TPBs. Good stories never get old. (thumbs u

The last books that I really enjoyed were East of West #21, Walking Dead #148, and DK III. In addition to paper printings, I've started buying a few books I can't wait to read in digital format. I was already buying EOW and TWD this way. DK III just joined the crowd. I've been reading a LOT of TPBs. Good stories never get old. (thumbs u

I've loved EOW from the beginning. Great story and the art is fantastic!!!

I buy all the VALIANTS (except Ivar and Faith and I passed on Punk Mambo), though I find myself really liking the Kindt stuff (Ninjak, Rai, Divinity) to a greater extent than the rest of the line. I thought Book of Death was kind of not good but at the same time they were releasing the BoD one-shots which are among my favorite things VALIANT has ever published (specifically the Ninjak and Bloodshot ones).

I buy Island, was really excited about it, but it feels a bit more controlled and sanitized than I thought it would. Was looking for more unbridled fun. I typically buy all of Graham's stuff, Prophet, Multiple Warheads, and the 8House stuff from IMAGE.

Been really digging work by Inio Asano lately, and enjoying Copperhead, Wayward, One Piece, and One Punch Man.

I'm not one of these pro-indie bash Big 2 readers, I love the Big 2 and would generally classify myself as a mainstream fan but they've both kind of lost me right now, though I do think the recent wave of Vertigo stuff is promising.

The complete "Dead @ 17" series by Josh Howard was just released as a collected edition, including the original series and all min-series, for an epic adventure tale.

I like the new Danger Girl "Renegade" series, but recommend reading the original 7 issue series by Andy Hartnell and J Scott Campbell first, as that is a great read.

In preparation for the movie next year, I'd say read Marvel's "Civil War" which I liked the plot and premise from the start.