• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The greatest auction catalog of all time...just got it in the mail...

19 posts in this topic

There was a key left for me to pick up something in a box..it came in a white box..and it was heavy...when I opened it I totally knocked out....really....this is the the greatest auction catalog I have ever seen in my 50+ years of collecting...this is auction catalog done RIGHT...make that Great... I have never seen anything like this....

STALLONE the auction...the color, the graphics of this oversized 500 page catalog with a 3D front and back cover ...will go down in the record books..Stallone is selling by the way his Mad cover art painting.....for mad collectors out there....89007 rocky cover and Rambo Mad cover also.

Folks....THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT....I am still shaking my head....

Now here is my question to you...how much did it cost to produce..my guess 1/2 million easy

In the catalog, the president of Ha.com says there has never been a auction like this one...I just saw the movie Creed and sly was great in it and the movie was very entertaining....perfect timing on the auction. The catalog must cost close to 100 bucks each for production costs...

Interestingly, while he is selling watches, he's not selling any Panerai. Stallone was integral in the rebirth of the brand in the consumer market in the 1990s. Unlike the other "actor" models of watches (the "Paul Newman" Daytona, etc.) Stallone actually had his own branding on some of the early watches ("Slytech") He's a real fan of the brand, so I'm not surprised he's not selling.

I just saw the movie Creed and sly was great in it and the movie was very entertaining....perfect timing on the auction

What a coincidence!

zero interest :sorry:

+1

I don't really have an interest either, but the catalog is truly spectacular. It has been a heck of a conversation piece around the shop.

zero interest :sorry:

+1

I don't really have an interest either, but the catalog is truly spectacular. It has been a heck of a conversation piece around the shop.

I've got to agree. Amazing production values. It's gotta be one of the greatest auction catalogs ever. I could see selling it for $100 on eBay with no problem.