• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HARLEY'S LITTLE BLACK BOOK Polybag Variants

209 posts in this topic

Picked up a couple copies of these as well as a friend shopping at a different store. All copies we opened had crumpled upper left corner spines at around the same location. Wondering if anyone else whose opened these have found the same production damage and what the rarity of a NM copy is.

Picked up a couple copies of these as well as a friend shopping at a different store. All copies we opened had crumpled upper left corner spines at around the same location. Wondering if anyone else whose opened these have found the same production damage and what the rarity of a NM copy is.

I picked up 2 and got a sketch variant and the color. Both had slight spine damage between top left staple and corner. Also, the book had a slight indent that ran vertically in the middle of the cover top to bottom : (

YuRCWAb.jpg

no one is talking about this? original artwork in one of the polybags... opened up in a store in texas i guess? im not sure i believe it... but interesting...

Edited by zupaphly

OH cool to see one of the original art pieces opened, wish they made it more clear how many OA books were released.

i didnt even know this was a possibility... just thought you had a chance at one of the 3 variants... not actual OA... how did i miss that...???

YuRCWAb.jpg

no one is talking about this? original artwork in one of the polybags... opened up in a store in texas i guess? im not sure i believe it... but interesting...

oh wow, didn't realize OA was a possibility either! I guess I'm going to snag more copies.

OH cool to see one of the original art pieces opened, wish they made it more clear how many OA books were released.

i didnt even know this was a possibility... just thought you had a chance at one of the 3 variants... not actual OA... how did i miss that...???

Or it's a ploy to sell more copies, so someone verify this!

Or it's a ploy to sell more copies, so someone verify this!

That's what I was thinking...

We opened 150 copies yesterday...same damage on the top staple and center polybag seam indention on all copies...no original art copy....gonna open another 300 tomorrow...we'll see if the condition is any different...BTW opened the Green Lanterns also from this week...same condition problems

I did not see any damage on the one copy I purchased, will need to look again. Got the Inked BW version. I am happy with that.

I took a closer look this morning, and do have the same damage that others are reporting. There is a crease extending about 1/8 of an inch from the top staple, top hole, and a definite indentation on the back from top to bottom that lines up with the polybag sealing. Too bad, because the rest of the cover, especially the corners are the best I have seen in a long time.