• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas Comicon -- June 23-25, 2017 (San Antonio)

23 posts in this topic

Went to this one last year because George Perez was a guest. It's not a smooth and well run show, and apparently there were problems with VIP ticket holders getting their perks. Their Facebook page has deleted all the posts about it (and looking at it now, all visitor posts). There were some good vendors and the Artist Alley wasn't bad either. So, if there's a specific celebrity guest or artist you're interested in, it's not bad if you're close.

Good first day ......lots of good books around the con and some dealers I have never seen before. Steady sales and great buys all over the place....... A buyer passed on my Best Cellars when he pointed out there was no Monster Boy story in it....... it has the the last 2 pages of the third story to start and the third story printed 2 times after it......... oops....but now I have an error version at home and I will take another one for him to look at tomorrow.

Another nice day..... a nice high-mid grade Silver Age collection came in the door and picked up a few early Spideys (2, 13 and 14) and a Hulk 3 for a customer who has been looking for them. Steady sales, mostly collectors with their want lists...... not many modern spec books being asked for. Blowing out dollar books like crazy......... taking a few more dollar boxes to restock tomorrow........ do any other cons go 10 - 9 for show hours?