• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

This and Handmaid's tale are the 2 shows i can't wait for.

A slow build for the season until about episode 5, watched it twice, once in a binge while I was home sick.  And a second viewing with my wife.  the 2nd viewing was better, as I felt like I was looking for flaws and mistakes, but wound up being more impressed with all the details they put into the show.  It's one of the best crafted shows I've seen in a long time.  It feels like I'm watching lost again, except this time, they have (I HOPE) a better plan, and will give payoffs.

2 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

This and Handmaid's tale are the 2 shows i can't wait for.

A slow build for the season until about episode 5, watched it twice, once in a binge while I was home sick.  And a second viewing with my wife.  the 2nd viewing was better, as I felt like I was looking for flaws and mistakes, but wound up being more impressed with all the details they put into the show.  It's one of the best crafted shows I've seen in a long time.  It feels like I'm watching lost again, except this time, they have (I HOPE) a better plan, and will give payoffs.

The producers and actors have said there are hints to season 2's story lurking in the first episode. So Ive been rewatching like crazy

Looking forward to the premiere this Sunday.  IMDB doesn't show Anthony Hopkins in the cast this season at all, so I guess he's either really dead or HBO is hiding his presence.

18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Looking forward to the premiere this Sunday.  IMDB doesn't show Anthony Hopkins in the cast this season at all, so I guess he's either really dead or HBO is hiding his presence.

Never saw that last trailer posted. Looks like young William might still be around. :wishluck:

33 minutes ago, the_Thing ® said:

Never saw that last trailer posted. Looks like young William might still be around. :wishluck:

He's dead. Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy said Hopkins was not part of season 2. But we'll see the CGI Young Robert Ford.

9 minutes ago, Rodey said:

He's dead. Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy said Hopkins was not part of season 2. But we'll see the CGI Young Robert Ford.

How can William be dead? He is the Man in Black. Look closely and you’ll see him in that last trailer posted.

8 minutes ago, the_Thing ® said:

How can William be dead? He is the Man in Black. Look closely and you’ll see him in that last trailer posted.

Sorry, I was just responding about Hopkins not coming back. Yes Young William and Logan are back. Along with Elsie and Stubbs. 

I'm not ruling out the possibility of Hopkins showing up at the end of the season and revealing an android copy was shot at the end of season 1.  Can't trust anyone to actually be human in this show!

I'm hoping he's dead, though.  It's probably a better story if he is.