• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I doubt she's dead.  I saw her lying on the ground, then the two techs being instructed to save whatever hosts they could at the end.  Since she spared both of those two techs and the Asian one seemed to sympathize with her situation I assumed she'd be the first one they worked on.  They don't feel pain if their program is off, but even so there would have to be levels of damage that would disable their motor functions.

She was shot up the same amount as Dolores was. Either they control whether or not they "die", or they don't. 

13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Nolan said during season one that the guns have a mechanism to determine if they're shooting at a guest or a host, and if it's a guest, the bullets are fired at a dramatically reduced velocity that won't penetrate human flesh. 

This makes even less sense. So they can shoot people whenever they want, the bullets are real, they are just slower? How does that work when you shoot someone in the face, or in the balls?

What if you are swinging a sword in Shogun world? Maybe fists and blunt weapons are handled differently along with the "don't shoot a guy in the groin with your slow bullets" protocol. lol

43 minutes ago, october said:

What if you are swinging a sword in Shogun world? Maybe fists and blunt weapons are handled differently along with the "don't shoot a guy in the groin with your slow bullets" protocol. lol

They'd definitely need a different safety protocol for Shogun World.  Nolan said during an old interview that the Westworld bullets can injure but not kill the guests, so your example of a shot to the groin definitely wouldn't be great.  Nolan also said during season one that the hosts also have a "lifeguard" protocol to try to prevent the guests from getting hurt, so I'm guessing that would similarly prevent them from aiming for the 'nads of the guests.  That wouldn't entirely prevent the guests from hurting each other though.

I'm not sure they put the guests in the same simulation without them knowing who each other are though.  William and Logan knew they were both guests in season one.

Westworld gets nominated for every major category in the Emmys it could have been--best drama, best actress (Evan Rachel Wood), best actor (Jeffrey Wright AND Ed Harris), best supporting actress (Thandi Newton), and best guest actor (Jimmi Simpson).  It received a similar number of nominations last year but lost them all.

As the trailer plays on, we find Dolores (Rachel Evan Wood) coming into contact with Aaron Paul's new character, Caleb, a construction worker who's about to discover that an unfathomable invasion has come to his city, and that a war between man and machine is poised to rage through the streets. The trailer also gives us a great look at Thandie Newton's host, Maeve, who looks to have picked up a skill or two while in a new theme park, Warworld. How Maeve has returned after the explosive events of Season 2 is anyone's guess, though it looks as if she'll be tasked with hunting Doleres down, and deactivating her once and for all. Lastly, we find Jeffrey Wright's host, Bernard, standing at a crossroads as he contemplates the next steps of his participation in the battle to come.

The third season of the Emmy-winning drama series WESTWORLD debuts SUNDAY, MARCH 15 at 9 pm on HBO.  Season 3 cast includes returning stars Evan Rachel Wood, Emmy winner Thandie Newton, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, Tessa Thompson, Luke Hemsworth, Simon Quarterman, and new cast members Aaron Paul, Vincent Cassel, Lena Waithe, Scott Mescudi, Marshawn Lynch, John Gallagher Jr., Michael Ealy, and Tommy Flanagan.

Created for television by Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy, Westworld is a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the birth of a new form of life on Earth. Executive producers: Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy, J.J. Abrams, Athena Wickham, Richard J. Lewis, Ben Stephenson, and Denise Thé.   Production companies: Kilter Films and Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television; based on the film written by Michael Crichton.

1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I enjoyed this show but lost momentum when HBO gave it a long break after season 1 so they could focus on Game Of Thrones

I think I need to get back in to it soon, but so many quality shows at present 

That is the biggest challenge nowadays, good and bad. Shows have to force you to lock in immediately as a steady audience member or you have to move on because there is so much content as eye candy.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

That is the biggest challenge nowadays, good and bad. Shows have to force you to lock in immediately as a steady audience member or you have to move on because there is so much content as eye candy.

That's very true, I'm hooked on Messiah now, that's a good show so far

Also a Aussie show called Mr Inbetween, that's good as well

24 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Man, when his brother finally decided to take certain action - WOW! That was an emotional episode.

I didn't know this but the guy who plays Ray is an American who has been living out here for 25 odd years, he had a movie 10 years ago called The Magician which wasn't bad, but this show has sky rocketed him to fame over here

Must say when his brother did what he did, that was so emotional, sad way to end it

The only good part about this ridiculous show was Tessa Thompsons naked bottom.

Ugh...Season 3 was lame. The whole series is lame. Why do I kept watching this? Oh yeah Corvid19 has trapped me in my home. I mean, it feels the writers are trying to make the Hosts the good guys but am I they only one rooting for the humans? The fight scenes are such carp too.  HBO shows are going down the tube. GoT Season 8 was :censored:. Watchman was zzz and now West World is :screwy:.  I did hear this week HBO is making a Hellraiser Series :wishluck:. I hope HBO finds their way again.

Edited by Xenosmilus

25 minutes ago, Rodey said:

I thought S3 was great compared to S2. It was way less complicated than S2, and even a little more fun than S1. 

It was better then S1/S2 but when you’re the thinnest kid at fat camp it doesn’t mean you’re thin.:roflmao:

1 hour ago, Rodey said:

I thought S3 was great compared to S2. It was way less complicated than S2. 

+1. Season 3 music was more electronic like Vangellis to establish the eerie Bladerunner-like future dystopia. Too many rifle battles for me in S3.