• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 5 CGC 9.4 (blue label!!)

84 posts in this topic

While it is a fantastic book no doubt, I have to imagine the pool of buyers for a $175,000 non-Superman Action cover is extremely small.

Extremely small as in zero. If someone is dumb enough to pay that price, he deserves what he gets. There are people in the world with more money than brains, however.

Aahhh.....Action #5!

For all you long-time collectors here, remember back in the day when Action #5 was broken out on its own and designated as rare by Overstreet and was well ahead of its surrounding issue in terms of guide value.

Not the case any longer. hm

I wasnt yet a teenager then but I do remember in the mid 70's Action 5 being worth more then some of its surrounding counterparts. I guess with the info we have now we can see which books are potentially scarcers then others.

Living in Alaska, I don't think I've ever seen an action comic below 28 for sale up here....so all you folks that have bought and sold them in depth, more power to ya. I cut it at 28 as I purchased a high grade 28 and 30 years ago and subsequently sold the 28 and slabbed the 30 years later. It's a 9.2+ sitting in an 8.5 slab due to light tan/ow pages.

Action 5 in 9.4 is worth what someone that wants the best will pay. If that one sells it just elevates the surrounding issues. Don't hate the price, hate the fact that it's not yours.

Living in Alaska, I don't think I've ever seen an action comic below 28 for sale up here....so all you folks that have bought and sold them in depth, more power to ya. I cut it at 28 as I purchased a high grade 28 and 30 years ago and subsequently sold the 28 and slabbed the 30 years later. It's a 9.2+ sitting in an 8.5 slab due to light tan/ow pages.

Action 5 in 9.4 is worth what someone that wants the best will pay. If that one sells it just elevates the surrounding issues. Don't hate the price, hate the fact that it's not yours.

I remember the #30, Collin. A nice looking book.