• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect / Comic Link Wins Post em if You Got Em

72 posts in this topic

mt4_zpsvxy5clyq.jpg

:golfclap:

..... that's a scarce book in that kind of shape..... GOD BLESS....

-jmbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Jimbo the pq sold me on it

.... I wonder if it was one of the New Brunswick's ?....... they all had that exceptional PQ....... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Snagged this one, thanks to AnkurJ for listing it up and posting about it here. Otherwise I wouldn't have even checked the auction. Been searching for a Wonder Woman 1 since Jan and 4.0s are just too high for me at the moment since we are in the process of building a new home. So this one fit the bill perfectly. Nice way to end the year.

won2.3942a_zpslfnsd1rt.jpg

:cloud9:

mt4_zpsvxy5clyq.jpg

.... I wonder if it was one of the New Brunswick's ?....... they all had that exceptional PQ....... GOD BLESS....

man that's a nice cover!! why is it that Atlas books are so hard to find in high grade??

Snagged this one, thanks to AnkurJ for listing it up and posting about it here. Otherwise I wouldn't have even checked the auction. Been searching for a Wonder Woman 1 since Jan and 4.0s are just too high for me at the moment since we are in the process of building a new home. So this one fit the bill perfectly. Nice way to end the year.

won2.3942a_zpslfnsd1rt.jpg

Fantastic! Change that label to purple and it would be in my wheelhouse!

mt4_zpsvxy5clyq.jpg

man that's a nice cover!! why is it that Atlas books are so hard to find in high grade??

Because there are almost no pedigrees that cover that era. There are amny earlier or later pedigrees but that time period is heavily underrepresented .

For whatever reason the existence of pedigrees does seem to follow the subject matter somewhat. War, horror, romance, western, funny animal, all of these genres seem to have inspired fewer little johnnies and janes to file away immaculate copies as compared to hero books.

If you think about it the biggest stashes of that kind of stuff came from publishers not readers/collectors. (Gaines, Harvey file, dell file etc).

Both in the golden age... not so many pedigree 1937 western/detective centaurs but lots of 1941 DC hero... and in the silver age - not so many 1960 prehero marvel but lots of 1962 hero marvel. Despite relatively little time difference.

mt4_zpsvxy5clyq.jpg

Because there are almost no pedigrees that cover that era. There are amny earlier or later pedigrees but that time period is heavily underrepresented .

For whatever reason the existence of pedigrees does seem to follow the subject matter somewhat. War, horror, romance, western, funny animal, all of these genres seem to have inspired fewer little johnnies and janes to file away immaculate copies as compared to hero books.

If you think about it the biggest stashes of that kind of stuff came from publishers not readers/collectors. (Gaines, Harvey file, dell file etc).

Both in the golden age... not so many pedigree 1937 western/detective centaurs but lots of 1941 DC hero... and in the silver age - not so many 1960 prehero marvel but lots of 1962 hero marvel. Despite relatively little time difference.

thank you very much for the answer!