New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
5 5

1,150 posts in this topic

Nexus   
  • 5,224 posts

The first episode is up!:

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

My guest is Albert Moy. Albert talks about how he got started as a collector and dealer, how he brought the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS art to the market, where he sees our hobby in the future, and more!

The second episode features collector David Mandel and will be coming in January, along with a video featurette where we showcase five major pieces from his collection.

More artists and collectors are being lined up. Hope you all enjoy!

Edited by Nexus

Claudio   
  • 3,213 posts

Sounds very intriguing. Thanks for coming up with some new and innovative ideas. Not just for your artists but for collectors as well.

JadeGiant   
  • 1,313 posts

sounds like a good listen - will check it out one evening this week!

DJRome   
  • 170 posts

Can't wait to listen when I get home. The hobby needs more stuff like this and more guys like you, Felix!

delekkerste   
  • 18,954 posts

Listening to the part about the GL #76 cover. Would have loved to have heard this before the auction!

Nexus   
  • 5,224 posts

Thanks everyone! And I need to publicly thank Albert for doing the show and sharing his stories. In case anyone was wondering, there was no prep, I prefer that the conversations be as authentic as possible. No agenda. We just turn on the mikes and go (which is also why we talked some baseball in the beginning to get warmed up, sorry to non-sports fans!).

Listening to the part about the GL #76 cover. Would have loved to have heard this before the auction!

The segment on GL #76 is a big reason why I waited until after the auction to post this podcast. Not because Albert asked me to, but I just wanted to protect his interest. Even though he said he didn't think he would win, I could tell he was going to go after it, and was just mentally preparing himself not to win. He basically admitted the cover was a grail.

Now that the auction is done, pretty impressive that he called the range. Definitely more than I thought!

Bronty   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 23,151 posts

that was great - thx Felix

tth2   
  • 46,820 posts
Now that the auction is done, pretty impressive that he called the range. Definitely more than I thought!

Well, if I know what my max is going to be, and I know that I'm definitely going to be one of the final 2 or 3 bidders, then it's usually pretty easy to call the range.

Nexus   
  • 5,224 posts

Well, if I know what my max is going to be, and I know that I'm definitely going to be one of the final 2 or 3 bidders, then it's usually pretty easy to call the range.

Yeah, he had some clues to work with from, but still, there had to be an underbidder at that level, and going into the auction, that was no sure thing.

JadeGiant   
  • 1,313 posts

Very enjoyable. Thanks for putting this together and sharing - can't wait for the next one