• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,647 posts in this topic

The first episode is up!:

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

My guest is Albert Moy. Albert talks about how he got started as a collector and dealer, how he brought the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS art to the market, where he sees our hobby in the future, and more!

The second episode features collector David Mandel and will be coming in January, along with a video featurette where we showcase five major pieces from his collection.

More artists and collectors are being lined up. Hope you all enjoy!

Edited by Nexus

Thanks everyone! And I need to publicly thank Albert for doing the show and sharing his stories. In case anyone was wondering, there was no prep, I prefer that the conversations be as authentic as possible. No agenda. We just turn on the mikes and go (which is also why we talked some baseball in the beginning to get warmed up, sorry to non-sports fans!).

Listening to the part about the GL #76 cover. Would have loved to have heard this before the auction!

The segment on GL #76 is a big reason why I waited until after the auction to post this podcast. Not because Albert asked me to, but I just wanted to protect his interest. Even though he said he didn't think he would win, I could tell he was going to go after it, and was just mentally preparing himself not to win. He basically admitted the cover was a grail.

Now that the auction is done, pretty impressive that he called the range. Definitely more than I thought!

Now that the auction is done, pretty impressive that he called the range. Definitely more than I thought!

Well, if I know what my max is going to be, and I know that I'm definitely going to be one of the final 2 or 3 bidders, then it's usually pretty easy to call the range.

Well, if I know what my max is going to be, and I know that I'm definitely going to be one of the final 2 or 3 bidders, then it's usually pretty easy to call the range.

Yeah, he had some clues to work with from, but still, there had to be an underbidder at that level, and going into the auction, that was no sure thing.