• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,651 posts in this topic

On 26/04/2018 at 11:27 AM, Steven Ng said:

George Hagenaeur has posted some Mark Landis examples on his CAF

Mark Landis Forgeries

I can totally see how those would have fooled people pre internet.    Even now they aren't bad but then before the easy ability to compare every line with a group of people online, I can see it..

New episode is up!:

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

Also, new video!:

I'd like to thank all of you who have followed and enjoyed the podcast for the past three years. For now, the show is going on hiatus. I do hope to be back soon (on perhaps a less regular schedule), so keep watching! Until then, wishing everyone the best and happy collecting!

3 hours ago, Nexus said:

I'd like to thank all of you who have followed and enjoyed the podcast for the past three years. For now, the show is going on hiatus. I do hope to be back soon (on perhaps a less regular schedule), so keep watching! Until then, wishing everyone the best and happy collecting!

what the what!

Agreed.   And thanks for the 30 episodes so far Felix, they are wonderful but as you said real life takes priority.    Here’s hoping there are more one day

Edited by Bronty

Take your time Felix, we will be here when you return. I think your knowledge, enthusiasm and playfulness make your guests feel at ease and results in a warm free flowing conversations the pulls us all in and makes us feel like we are sitting right beside y'all... I feel like many of your guests are friends that I haven't met yet. So thanks for putting in the time and effort to pull all these shows together!

Edited by gumbydarnit

Just to clarify something from the podcast as I was at the NJ show and was sitting down with Conrad after he showed up and was looking through his portfolios as well.  I think that was actually his last 'public' appearance and it was good to see him.  In any event, he did not have a page from Avengers #4.  He had a tremendous page from Avengers #3 where the Hulk was trying to pry the hammer from Thor.  Everything that Conrad had in his portfolio was OA that he had had for years.  I don't recall anything new.  But Conrad was ecstatic to see his prognostications of Kirby OA becoming so valuable coming true and his pricing on his pages reflected that.

Edited by dem1138

1 minute ago, Bronty said:

When was the meeting with Conrad if you don't mind me asking?  

There was no meeting - as described in the podcast, this was at one of the NJ OA shows several years ago.  I can't recall if Conrad ever set up at those shows but due to his illness, he was certainly absent for a few years.  Anyway, at one of those shows Conrad just showed up but he never even went into the con room.  He stayed outside and pretty much held court in a chair.  People attending the show came out to see him and lots of people were looking through his portfolios as whatever he brought was available for sale.  I don't know if he actually sold anything but it was great to see some of those pages one last time.

OK, so when was this?   5 years ago maybe?   Just curious as he's got some stuff I like ;)   I made him a good offer once on a kirby story but we couldn't quite get it done.    Actually twice, come to think of it.

Edited by Bronty

19 minutes ago, Bronty said:

OK, so when was this?   5 years ago maybe?   Just curious as he's got some stuff I like ;)   I made him a good offer once on a kirby story but we couldn't quite get it done.    Actually twice, come to think of it.

My memory for that stuff is not great but sure, 5 years ago would make sense.  Maybe someone here will PM you his information but I think he's very low key these days. I'd also imagine that if he still has it, the price has gone up. :/

Edited by dem1138