• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,651 posts in this topic

The hiatus was short-lived! The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=34

Or, at least, a new version of it. I'll no longer be hosting every episode. But friends have offered to keep the show alive in my absence, by providing content for future episodes. I'm so very grateful for their help...thanks guys.

This episode features the intrepid Yams moderating a chat between two of our superstar talents, Skottie Young and Paul Pope. Hear what artists look for in art they collect, who they count amongst their influences, their grail pieces, and more! Original art appreciation and collecting from the perspective of artists...listen and learn!

Our website is www.felixcomicart.com. Sign up for the mailing list to get the scoop on the best in modern comic art. Leave a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

Rejoice in the streets!!!!!

thanks Felix (and thanks to your helpful friends!!    The podcast is great.

Edited by Bronty

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Nexus said:

The hiatus was short-lived! The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=34

Or, at least, a new version of it. I'll no longer be hosting every episode. But friends have offered to keep the show alive in my absence, by providing content for future episodes. I'm so very grateful for their help...thanks guys.

This episode features the intrepid Yams moderating a chat between two of our superstar talents, Skottie Young and Paul Pope. Hear what artists look for in art they collect, who they count amongst their influences, their grail pieces, and more! Original art appreciation and collecting from the perspective of artists...listen and learn!

Our website is www.felixcomicart.com. Sign up for the mailing list to get the scoop on the best in modern comic art. Leave a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

:whee::banana::bigsmile:

Thank you Felix

On 5/18/2018 at 6:13 PM, Bronty said:

OK, so when was this?   5 years ago maybe?   Just curious as he's got some stuff I like ;)   I made him a good offer once on a kirby story but we couldn't quite get it done.    Actually twice, come to think of it.

I sold at that comic art con,I would guess it was ten years ago, and was set up across from Conrad. He laid under his table most of the time which meant that I got to stare at his stuff all day. I think it was certainly more than 5 years though.

11 minutes ago, Nexus said:
The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back!

Thanks to all who wrote in during our hiatus. We know you missed the show, and we missed doing it, too. Although we're only planning to resume a semi-monthly schedule going forward, know that we'll get these out as often as we can. Thanks again to everyone for their encouragement.

My guest for our return show is Todd Hignite. Todd is Vice-President of Heritage Auctions, as well as an art rep for such important comics creators as Daniel Clowes, Jaime Hernandez, and Adrian Tomine. I've been looking forward to talking to Todd for a long time and he doesn't disappoint. We cover his career, the art market, Todd McFarlane-era collectors, as well as the many treasures that have been offered by Heritage, including the latest, Bernie Krigstein's classic EC story, "Master Race". We pack a lot into this hour, hope you enjoy!

Our website is felixcomicart.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Support the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes. We'll have a bonus episode out very soon just for iTunes reviewers with the inimitable Gene Park. We're glad to be back, thanks for listening!

Great to see you back!

Also semi-monthly is 2x a month. Perhaps you meant bi-monthly?

7 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Great to see you back!

Also semi-monthly is 2x a month. Perhaps you meant bi-monthly?

Thanks! You're right. But for this month, at least, semi-monthly (for those who are iTunes reviewers).

22 hours ago, Nexus said:

Thanks! You're right. But for this month, at least, semi-monthly (for those who are iTunes reviewers).

Some of us are android users. Have no iTunes account.  Perhaps a 2ndry option for fans of yours but not of Apple's?

Edited by Panelfan1

Some great topics covered especially bidding by Heritage employees and shilling. Having the employees only bid proxy and not live does put it in a new light. You mentioned CAF, would love to see you interview Bill Cox. It would be a great insight into the hobby, considering how CAF has changed it.

1 minute ago, Brian Peck said:

Having the employees only bid proxy and not live does put it in a new light. 

That was certainly news to me.  I can believe it for the rank and file, but, is it true for Halperin as well?  I am skeptical that he just leaves proxy bids on all the lots he ends up winning.  If that is the case, then every time I've finished as the underbidder to Jim means I (and whoever else has finished as the direct underbidder) should have been instantly outbid by the HeritageLive system if I'm losing to a left bid or proxy bid and there should be no delay in getting outbid, and nor should the bid come from the floor, telephone or any other venue except "Internet" or "Heritage Live".  I could be wrong, but, I do not believe that has always been the case.  I wish there was a way to check the sequence/source of bidding on historical lots...is there?   

7 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

That was certainly news to me.  I can believe it for the rank and file, but, is it true for Halperin as well?

Is Jim an employee or a principal/owner in regard to this internal HA "rule"? I can see a wordplay sleight of hand possibility here. Beyond that there is nothing stopping the very honest and oft used bidding representative on one's behalf, for a fee or not, whether employee or not.