• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,647 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Nexus said:

Yes, coming soon! An all-artist's round table!

Have some more in the pipeline as well for 2019.

The only problem with you updating this thread is that it reminds me of how much I like that ST21 page you got.   Just awesome

43 minutes ago, Nexus said:

The Felix Comic Art Podcast is back to our monthly schedule for May 2019!

And it's a big month for our hobby as Frank Frazetta's "Egyptian Queen" is up for auction at Heritage, and is expected to set new records for comic/fantasy art. So the time is right to welcome Frank Frazetta's former art rep, Dr. Stephen Ferzoco, to the show!

Steve and I talk about "Egyptian Queen" (including Steve's prediction for the hammer price), Frazetta's market, and his legacy. And more. A lot more. Frazetta fans, especially, enjoy!

http://www.felixcomicart.com/podcastdetail.asp?pId=39

It was a great podcast, Felix. I could’ve listened to another hour. I hope all is well with your family now. 

Gotta love podcast drop day! Listened to it twice already, another great one. From these podcasts, it seems that there are a lot of good guys in the hobby, thanks to Felix for introducing us to them.

On that note, this weekend I went down to Fan Expo in Dallas to see my art hero John Byrne. While there I had to the opportunity to chat for quite a while with Albert Moy and to a lesser extent Scott Williams (because of his long lines), both were supper nice and they shared a few fun stories. Add them to Gene Park and Dan Pottick (brief conversations at Comic Art Con NJ 2 years back, brief because of there was SO much art to see) and I have to say all were a treat to talk with and wouldn't have met any of them if it wasn't for Felix... thanks!

Edited by gumbydarnit

21 hours ago, gumbydarnit said:

Gotta love podcast drop day! Listened to it twice already, another great one. From these podcasts, it seems that there are a lot of good guys in the hobby, thanks to Felix for introducing us to them.

On that note, this weekend I went down to Fan Expo in Dallas to see my art hero John Byrne. While there I had to the opportunity to chat for quite a while with Albert Moy and to a lesser extent Scott Williams (because of his long lines), both were supper nice and they shared a few fun stories. Add them to Gene Park and Dan Pottick (brief conversations at Comic Art Con NJ 2 years back, brief because of there was SO much art to see) and I have to say all were a treat to talk with and wouldn't have met any of them if it wasn't for Felix... thanks!

This makes me happy to read. There are a lot of excellent people in this hobby, hope you get to meet even more of them!

Thanks everyone.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:51 PM, Bronty said:

Fun listen.    Looking forward to hearing about Hulk 181 one day.  

All you have to know is that it turned up and sold for more than any piece of Magic:The Gathering or videogame art ever will. 

:jokealert: :baiting:lol 

Edited by delekkerste