• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,651 posts in this topic

Felix,

Another great two hours of entertaining geek fun. I especially liked the talk about CFA-APA. Keep it up.

Ditto this. I am very much curious about CFA-APA now after listening to you and Benno. Not curious enough to sign up and be required to write articles but think I would really like reading the articles none-the-less. Hearing my good friends Jimmy and Shannon talk commissions was a blast and reminiscent of many conversations that we have had over the years.

Loving the round tables - please keep them up. Also would love to hear more from the newer guys in the hobby. The stories of yore where epic, HOF time art scored on the cheap are jaw-droppingly amazing but a balanced mix of guys making their way and building a collection prior to the golden days is also of interest.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Also would love to hear more from the newer guys in the hobby.

Yes, I do plan on talking to some newer collectors. Have a few candidates already, just need to work out schedules. Will most likely happen in 2017.

New episode for August is up!:

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

Guest is...our very own Gene! And yes, predictably, this one's heavy on the money talk. I encourage you to skip this episode if that sort of thing makes you gnash your teeth. Everyone else, enjoy!

Going to listen to it now to hear what I said! By the time we wrapped up the podcast, it was about 10pm San Diego time, or, more relevantly, 6am in the U.K. (I had been in Scotland before heading to the SDCC). So, even if I sound somewhat coherent, don't be fooled...I was running on fumes!

Guest is...our very own Gene! And yes, predictably, this one's heavy on the money talk. I encourage you to skip this episode if that sort of thing makes you gnash your teeth. Everyone else, enjoy!

Going to listen to it now to hear what I said! By the time we wrapped up the podcast, it was about 10pm San Diego time, or, more relevantly, 6am in the U.K. (I had been in Scotland before heading to the SDCC). So, even if I sound somewhat coherent, don't be fooled...I was running on fumes!

Do you remember at least talking about Dark Knight pages :wishluck:

:jokealert:

18dzkh.jpg

As a matter of fact...

The streak continues! lol:insane:

not sure if there was a single fact you guys agreed on with that DK sale :insane:

As a matter of fact...

not sure if there was a single fact you guys agreed on with that DK sale :insane:

We agree on some, but not all. It's fine...just wanted to illustrate how far Gene had come from 2009 to today. And also to shoehorn in another DKR reference:P

18dzkh.jpg

lol

Not only jetlag, but, for the first half hour or so of the interview, it was like the planet Hoth in the room as someone had really cranked up the air conditioning. I had to call for a break to put on a long sleeve shirt as all I could think about was what in the room I could burn for heat and not about the questions Felix was asking. :eek:

As a matter of fact...

We agree on some, but not all. It's fine...just wanted to illustrate how far Gene had come from 2009 to today. And also to shoehorn in another DKR reference:P

Unfortunately I think the point was pretty well lost in the disagreement. ;) But I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the conversation! I especially liked Gene's story about the X-Men #172 cover. As someone who's new to the hobby, it's fun to hear about those sorts of deals and the legwork involved. I realize that it's not always kosher to talk publicly about some of these private deals, but I'd love to hear more of that kind of thing on future episodes.