• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome to the "Outlier or New Normal" Thread!

23 posts in this topic

The answer to all of the questions is "New Normal".

Go back 10 years and virtually every price considered to be eye-bleeding at the time now looks like a bargain.  Never underestimate the ability of the human mind to take the seemingly unimaginable and quickly consider it to be mundane. 

17 hours ago, Mephisto said:

Gene almost 3 years later it’s still there along with those Marvel Masterpieces I mentioned in my post almost 3 years ago and they have been sitting there even longer.

Answer to your question is that asking price was and remains an outlier!

Good catch. I wasn't around 3 years ago, but this ought to give buyers of big buck OA some pause.

First, what has the market for comparables been like since then? Have comparables been sold since they were posted, and were they in that range? What about private deals?

Second, I am not impressed by any of them. They are perfectly nice; they did their job of attracting readers to the books by showcasing their content; and I am more impressed by some other cheaper art I have seen. While I am certainly no final arbiter of taste or pricing, I suspect I am not the only one who feels that way.