• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction of Huge Modern Variant Collection on Pedigree Comics

12 posts in this topic

Good morning everybody. Comicbooklawyer here. I wanted to let everybody know that my entire collection of nearly 800 ultra high-grade modern variants is going to be auctioned off by Pedigree Comics (www.pedigreecomics.com) from January 4, 2016 through January 14, 2016. The auction will conclude on January 13, 2016 with respect to half of the books, and will conclude on January 14, 2016 with respect to the rest. There are more than 400 books already listed on the Pedigree Comics website, and there are many more being added every day. Please check them out.

I have spent years searching for the best books that I could find, picking through thousands to find the highest possible grades. Nearly every book in this collection is graded 9.6 or 9.8, and the majority of them are the highest CGC Census grades and the best existing copies available. I sought only the crispest corners, only the whitest pages and only the coolest covers. There are 1:25's, 1:50's, 1:100's, 1:500's and one copy per store variants, among others. When I liked a story, I tried to buy every variant of that book. There are many rare and unique books. The hottest characters and stories. Batman, Superman, Deadpool, Harley Quinn, Star Wars, Wonder Woman, X-Men, Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Thor, Captain American, Avengers...the list goes on and on. I love superheroes, and you will see that I have hundreds of great books from Marvel (more than 500) DC (nearly 200) and a wide-variety of independents.

I hope that you take a few minutes and take a look.

WTF is ultra high-grade.......?

A term sometimes used in the golden and silver age collecting community to note books that are graded 9.4 or higher which is quite rare for books that are 50-70 years old as compared to modern books.

0-3.5 low grade

4-7.5 mid grade

8-9.2 high grade

9.4+ ultra high grade

I don't know why it's being used here in reference to modern age books.

Didn't mean to create controversy with the term ultra-high grade. I was just trying to convey that I tried to pick only the best books before getting them graded. This was my personal collection and I focused on trying to get mostly 9.6's and 9.8's. Sorry for any confusion.