• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warrior Nun Areala

52 posts in this topic

I think Comic Vine has it right...https://comicvine.gamespot.com/warrior-nun-areala-1-gods-and-beasts/4000-139948/

• Ninja High School #37 - 1st appearance of Father Sebastian Crowe (Magic Priest)
  • Ninja High School #38 - 1st appearance of Lillith the Demon Princess
  • Warrior Nun Areala #1 - 1st appearance of Warrior Nun Areala, Shotgun Mary, Mother Superion

NOW I need to go get me a bunch of 1st appearances of "Sister Stiletto"! :wink:

Edited by AGGIEZ

3 hours ago, Fiddy said:

It's been thought that NHS #38 was Warrior Nun's 1st appearance, but Warrior Nun Areala #1 is her 1st appearance.  Shanna Masters first appears in Ninja High School #37 and does not appear in NHS #38 at all.  

Exactly. Areala doesnt appear in any of the NHS books, but for years NHS38 was considered to be a key book in relation to that character. My question is whether that will create a shift in desirability for the former valued book. Not whether she appeared there first, or at all

On 12/26/2015 at 4:53 PM, Fiddy said:

I think this might be a good case that NHS#38 is not her first appearance. I recently picked up a copy of Warrior Nun Areala Ashcan and in the book it goes over a brief history of the character including listing her first appearance as NHS#37, not #38, at the bottom of the article. The problem with the article is that it says the Magic Priest, David Crowe, is introduced for the first time and fights the demon Stanley in issue #36, but that too is incorrect because it doesn't happen until issue #37.

So if #37 is her first appearance will it ever be accepted as her first appearance or will #38 still be considered her first even though she never appears in the book?

28 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Exactly. Areala doesnt appear in any of the NHS books, but for years NHS38 was considered to be a key book in relation to that character. My question is whether that will create a shift in desirability for the former valued book. Not whether she appeared there first, or at all

Your question is similar to the question I asked a few years back.  I don't know if there will be a shift in desirability, but #37 is definitely starting to sell for more than it had before the announcement.  

Edited by Fiddy

Here is a page from WARRIOR NUN AREALA #3 where she sees flashbacks to her life. It shows scenes and characters from NINJA HIGH SCHOOL #37. The creator also said that NHS #37 is her first appearance as Shanna (later renamed Shannon) BEFORE she becomes WARRIOR NUN.

wna.jpg

Edited by APDallas

12 hours ago, APDallas said:

Here is a page from WARRIOR NUN AREALA #3 where she sees flashbacks to her life. If shows scenes and characters from NINJA HIGH SCHOOL #37. The creator also said that NHS #37 is her first appearance as Shanna (later renamed Shannon) BEFORE she becomes WARRIOR NUN.

That's all very instructive, but I have to emphasize, "BEFORE she becomes WARRIOR NUN." :sumo:

On 10/12/2018 at 4:17 PM, Aweandlorder said:

It looks like after all these years that the desirability has changed from NHS 38 to NHS 37 and so has the prices for the two books.  At least #38 has the first appearance of Lilith going for it.   

Edited by 50 Fiddy