• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hasbro and Paramount (Micronauts, Rom etc)

19 posts in this topic

Hasbro is apparently getting more involved in movies featuring their toys:

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, Inc. announced a groundbreaking deal today to collaborate on feature films for five of Hasbro’s iconic properties. Under the agreement, Paramount and Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label, will establish a cross-property interconnected onscreen universe, featuring the deep stories and great characters from Hasbro brands G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM.

"Paramount and Hasbro have had a longstanding relationship and we're proud of the success we've enjoyed on the 'TRANSFORMERS' and 'G.I. JOE,' franchises," said Brad Grey, Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures. "We're excited to grow our agreement and make even more movies based upon these popular and powerful Hasbro characters and their worlds."

Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label, will produce the films and Brian Goldner (Chairman, President and CEO, Hasbro), Stephen Davis (Executive Vice President and Chief Content Officer, Hasbro), and Josh Feldman (Head of Film Development, Hasbro) have worked closely with Paramount in shaping the interconnected universe for the properties. To develop the creative roadmap for G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM, Hasbro and Paramount will assemble a writer’s room which will include some of the most notable creative talent in Hollywood

“Hasbro and Allspark Pictures put storytelling at the center of everything that we do. These brands are filled with memorable stories and vivid characters, and this Universe creates a framework for how they will become interconnected,” said Brian Goldner, Chairman, President and CEO of Hasbro. “Extending our partnership with Paramount allows us to continue our long-term strategy and overall vision to build dynamic worlds for all of our brands, and we are thrilled to collaborate with them as we develop these properties.”

Rob Carlson of WME represented Hasbro in this deal.

The Paramount and Hasbro partnership is responsible for the worldwide blockbuster success of the “TRANSFORMERS” franchise, which has earned $3.8 billion to-date, and whose films, directed by Michael Bay, are amongst the highest grossing movies of all time; and the “G.I. JOE” franchise, which have earned more than $675 million worldwide.

Source:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/paramount-pictures-hasbro-combine-forces-151900909.html

Hasbro is apparently getting more involved in movies featuring their toys:

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, Inc. announced a groundbreaking deal today to collaborate on feature films for five of Hasbro’s iconic properties. Under the agreement, Paramount and Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label, will establish a cross-property interconnected onscreen universe, featuring the deep stories and great characters from Hasbro brands G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM.

"Paramount and Hasbro have had a longstanding relationship and we're proud of the success we've enjoyed on the 'TRANSFORMERS' and 'G.I. JOE,' franchises," said Brad Grey, Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures. "We're excited to grow our agreement and make even more movies based upon these popular and powerful Hasbro characters and their worlds."

Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label, will produce the films and Brian Goldner (Chairman, President and CEO, Hasbro), Stephen Davis (Executive Vice President and Chief Content Officer, Hasbro), and Josh Feldman (Head of Film Development, Hasbro) have worked closely with Paramount in shaping the interconnected universe for the properties. To develop the creative roadmap for G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM, Hasbro and Paramount will assemble a writer’s room which will include some of the most notable creative talent in Hollywood

“Hasbro and Allspark Pictures put storytelling at the center of everything that we do. These brands are filled with memorable stories and vivid characters, and this Universe creates a framework for how they will become interconnected,” said Brian Goldner, Chairman, President and CEO of Hasbro. “Extending our partnership with Paramount allows us to continue our long-term strategy and overall vision to build dynamic worlds for all of our brands, and we are thrilled to collaborate with them as we develop these properties.”

Rob Carlson of WME represented Hasbro in this deal.

The Paramount and Hasbro partnership is responsible for the worldwide blockbuster success of the “TRANSFORMERS” franchise, which has earned $3.8 billion to-date, and whose films, directed by Michael Bay, are amongst the highest grossing movies of all time; and the “G.I. JOE” franchise, which have earned more than $675 million worldwide.

Source:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/paramount-pictures-hasbro-combine-forces-151900909.html

I didn't know Hasbro owned Micronauts. I wonder why they haven't done anything with the property. (shrug)

Its a bit more complicated. I believe Hasbro owns the characters they made toys of, and Marvel owns the other characters they added in the comics (same for Rom). Not to mention they would probably be sued for a story line to close to the comics. So without some sort of collaboration with Marvel, it would have to differ from the comics substantially.

Its a bit more complicated. I believe Hasbro owns the characters they made toys of, and Marvel owns the other characters they added in the comics (same for Rom). Not to mention they would probably be sued for a story line to close to the comics. So without some sort of collaboration with Marvel, it would have to differ from the comics substantially.

My thoughts has more to do with the toys than the comics. Hasbro hasn't made any Micronauts toys as far as I know. Palisades had the license at one point and made toys. Before that was Mego.

It's strange Hasbro is producing a movie with a toy property they never made toys for.

Edited by rjrjr

Micronauts to play a major role in the HCU

CEO Brian Goldner stated that Hasbro has entered the next phase of their Brand Blueprint. The company aims to grow with Entertainment-centric storytelling for their brands.

He also mentioned that while their own brand related revenue was just 17% during the early 2000s it has grown to 52% today. At the moment Nerf is the biggest revenue maker. It came as a surprise since when it comes to toy related revenues, Nerf has dethroned Transformers.

Hasbro will also be carrying out a Cinematic Universe. Micronauts will play a major role in the future. New IPs will be there. Lots of new brand names will enter the market in near future.

Hasbro-owned Mobile Game Developer Backflip Studios will deliver new mobile games including Transformers (Earth Wars) and My Little Pony this year while delivering the sequel to their own hit game Dragonvale.

Hasbro will continue with Transformers by integrating “360 Degrees Ways To Play” which means it won’t be just toys. Entertainment and Mobile Devices will play a major role. A new Hasbro team called “Integrated Play Team” (a.k.a iPlay Team) handles the integration.

Mr. Goldner stated that Transformers Franchise going through a transition period.

Also to note is that “Frustration-Free Packaging” will be introduced for toys for Online Retailers. Hasbro stated that they will be tapping into the opportunities of Online Retailing.

Brian stated that the Fan Community is now a significant factor in revenue. Over 20% Hasbro Products are purchased by or for people who are 16 years or older. There will be Fan Specific Products in the future.

Hasbro stated that while Transformers Video Games are action/adventure oriented, they will not be integrating violence into their video games (probably talking about M-For Mature rated games). Activision was mentioned as the publisher of Transformers Video Games. Oddly in past-tense stating “historically produced by Activision” (meaning a new publisher?).

Finally, Transformers 5 (Transformers: The Last Knight) will continue the story of the previous Transformers Live Action Movies while the next movie on 2018 will focus on Bumblebee. This statement further confirms the fact that the Transformers: The Bumblebee Movie may not be a continuation of the current series but rather a spin-off/standalone movie as previously stated when the movie was first announced.

The first Hasbro Cinematic Universe movie featuring G. I. Joe, Micronauts, ROM, Visionaries and M.A.S.K will be out 2018/2019.

Well that’s all, folks! We’ll see you again on another event coverage soon.

Although I'm intrigued by the idea of Micronauts and ROM as movie series, we're going to throw them both in the mix with GI Joe, MASK and Visionaries (seriously, VISIONARIES???). They better hope they can get some fantastic writers for these!

And me having just sold my visionaries OA :insane: Seriously!

Well, that took a long time to come together.

Paramount Sets Release Dates For New G.I. JOE, MICRONAUTS And DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS Movies

It looks like Paramount and Hasbro's Allspark Pictures are still planning to put together a new shared universe based around several of their properties.

According to THR, the studio has now set release dates for G.I. JOE (March 27, 2020), Micronauts (Oct. 16, 2020), Dungeons and Dragons (July 23, 2021), and an "untitled Hasbro event film" which will arrive on Oct. 1, 2021.

We're not sure if the JOE movie will be a continuation of the previous two or a complete reboot. Other concepts included in the shared universe are Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM.

WOW!

Here is The Hollywood Reporter article that broke the news.

Paramount Sets 'G.I. Joe,' 'Dungeons & Dragons' Release Dates

A film simply titled G.I. Joe will hit theaters March 27, 2020. The studio previously released two films based on the Hasbro property — G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) and G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013). 2020 will be a Hasbro year, as the studio has set Micronauts to open seven months later on Oct. 16, 2020. The toy property follows a race of Alien warriors from an alternate dimension that's microscopic. Paramount also carved out a July 23, 2021 date for Dungeons & Dragons, based on the table top roll playing game, and set aside Oct. 1, 2021 for an untitled Hasbro event film.

In 2015, THR broke the news that Paramount and Hasbro's Allspark Pictures were building a shared universe based on five Hasbro concepts — G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM, assembling a writers room to hammer out the details. The two G.I. Joe films earned a combined $678.2 worldwide.

The studio has had big commercial success with its Transformers series, which has earned $4.3 billion worldwide. Its latest installment, Transformers: The Last Knight, opened this year and 605.4 million worldwide, the lowest of the filve films. Paramount has the spinoff Bumblebee due out Dec. 21, 2018. 

As for Dungeons & Dragons, Jeremy Irons appeared in an ill-fated 2000 adaptation for New Line. More recently, property became embroiled in a legal battle over who had the rights to make a film based on it, with a 2015 settlement appearing to pave the way for Warner Bros. to move ahead with a long-gestating project. As recently as last year, WB was developing a project, with Ansel Elgort in early talks to star, however, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the property is no longer with the studio.

Dec. 18, 4 PM Updated to reflect that Warner Bros. is no longer developing a Dungeons & Dragons movie.

Thank Goodness....The micronauts books I've been hoarding were starting to get depressed by their lack of heat. 

Updated HASBRO movie Road Map

Good link and article from HISS Tank explaining the latest on the HASBRO and Paramount agreement moving forward.

-Transformers and Bumblebee still scheduled for December 18

-GI Joe and Micronauts confirmed for 2020

-D&D 2021

-Confirmed but not slotted: MASK, Visionaries, Action-Man, Stretch Armstrong

-Starting w/ 2019 they are scheduling 2 live action and 1 animated movie per year.

The Hasbro Universe just got that much larger.

Power Rangers Acquired By Hasbro

power-rangers-logo-2-1084687-640x320.jpe

Hasbro has now officially acquired Power Rangers from Saban Brands.

Hasbro announced today that it is purchasing Power Rangers and several other brands from Saban, including My Pet Monster, Popples, Julius Jr., Luna Petunia, Treehouse Detectives, and more. The deal, which includes cash and stock, is valued at around $522 million (via Hasbro).

“Power Rangers is an iconic brand built on a heritage of great storytelling and merchandising with tremendous upside potential when fully executed across Hasbro’s Brand Blueprint,” said Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s chairman and chief executive officer. “Shortly after entering into our licensing arrangement, it became clear that now was the time to begin investing in unlocking Power Rangers’ full potential. We see significant opportunity for Power Rangers across our entire Brand Blueprint, including toys and games, consumer products, digital gaming and entertainment, as well as geographically throughout our global retail footprint. We couldn’t be more pleased that Haim Saban will continue in a consulting role to further guide our development of this valuable property for the next generation of Power Rangers fans.”

Fans will start seeing products from Hasbro in 2019.

Go-Go Power Rangers! $522M??!!

Edited by Bosco685