• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Artist's Choice Annual Sale IS ON!!!

78 posts in this topic

I had emailed Spencer to see how things were going and he mentioned the sale was starting, but he wasn't a member of the boards here and asked me to post his announcement......

Yes, that is right intrepid art collectors. The annual insanity that I call The Artist's Choice Annual sale is now in full swing. Close to 40 artists are offering up to 50% off their artwork for a limited time. Don't miss your chance to own the artwork you have been keeping an eye for a while. Lots of new faces to the sale this year as well as some returning favorites.

Also, while not complete, we have also updated approximately 25 artists pages with new art as well as removing older, sold art. While I apologize I could not get to everyone, during the course of the sale I plan on continuing to update as many of the other artists pages as well as time permits. I am currently working on Scott Hanna's pages. We have removed close to 1,500 piece of artwork from his section, and are adding in about the same. I cannot say what day this will be updated, but it is coming.

Now, for some more exciting news .... The Artist's Choice can now take all major credit. While that is no big deal compared to their website, it is for ours. The only negative is for the time being ( for my and the artists protection ) there is a multi page document which basically recaps the terms spelled out on the website that has to be signed. Upon request, I send it with your invoice, you initial each page and add your card info to the last page, scan it and send it back to me ( either via the Internet or via the postal service ). Sounds like a lot or work, but it is not. We have been doing some test sales with it, and not a single customer has had a complaint.

I admit that not everything is optimal on my website, but I am working on adding as much new artwork as I can and adding scans as well as time permits.

In 2016, there are going to be all sorts of changes, updates, fixes, new features, functions, additions and surprises coming to The Artist's Choice. These changes will include representation of a few well known artists to our roster (these deals are already set, they are just waiting until after the sale to go forward ), signed prints, sketchbooks as well as a couple of television & movie celebrities for autographed photos, and a whole lot more.

In 2016, I also plan on making lots of changes, plan on attending more shows than ever, plan on helping lots of fans to obtain the artwork of their desires and hoping to have less stress along the way ... yeah right :)

FINALLY, Thank you to all of those who have stood by me for the last 29 years. It has been a hell of a ride. Fun at times, stressful at others. While nobody can make everyone happy .... I hope we have given as many people as possible enjoyment, smiles, happy faces and all that goes in between.

So, once again, THANK YOU for making it a pleasure to be THE ARTIST'S CHOICE.

Spencer R. Beck

The Artist's Choice

www.theartistschoice.com

...The only negative is for the time being...there is a multi page document which basically recaps the terms spelled out on the website that has to be signed. Upon request, I send it with your invoice, you initial each page and add your card info to the last page, scan it and send it back to me ( either via the Internet or via the postal service ). Sounds like a lot or work, but it is not. We have been doing some test sales with it, and not a single customer has had a complaint.

lol to purchase something with a credit card I have to receive an email that I have to print out and initial multiple pages and then fax back or send via postal mail. Doesn't sound like a lot of work at all for an internet transaction :insane:

...The only negative is for the time being...there is a multi page document which basically recaps the terms spelled out on the website that has to be signed. Upon request, I send it with your invoice, you initial each page and add your card info to the last page, scan it and send it back to me ( either via the Internet or via the postal service ). Sounds like a lot or work, but it is not. We have been doing some test sales with it, and not a single customer has had a complaint.

lol to purchase something with a credit card I have to receive an email that I have to print out and initial multiple pages and then fax back or send via postal mail. Doesn't sound like a lot of work at all for an internet transaction :insane:

You can email it back....that's what "via the Internet" means. lol

23638-it-s-just-soooo-much-work.gif

If that's a lot of work then please let us know who chews up your food and drops it into your mouth to save you the effort. :jokealert:

Seriously, to save 40-50% on artwork that's already reasonably priced that's nothing to be able to use plastic and I think that's a pretty silly complaint. :baiting:

23638-it-s-just-soooo-much-work.gif

If that's a lot of work then please let us know who chews up your food and drops it into your mouth to save you the effort. :jokealert:

Seriously, to save 40-50% on artwork that's already reasonably priced that's nothing to be able to use plastic and I think that's a pretty silly complaint. :baiting:

Agreed. I don't get the POV of the people complaining. I adore Spencer's site and admire his dedication. Been a buyer for 10+ years, and I hope to be so for decades more.

Sending your credit card information via email is about as secure as posting it on Facebook.

oh no, is that what he's requiring?! I really hope he's not forcing worst practices on people. at least take the card info over the phone if you're requiring pages to be printed out & signed for a deal to go through.

Sending your credit card information via email is about as secure as posting it on Facebook.

He's asking for the confirmation of the order to be initialed and scanned and sent back via email.

He's asking for the confirmation of the order to be initialed and scanned and sent back via email.

Unless you already saw the paperwork in question I'm going to guess that it's more than that and, based on his reason for not accepting credit cards so far, it's more like a waiver in which you acknowledge you buy a one-of-a-kind original art at whatever condition it is in "as is" and waive any right or claim to the contrary.

What about the PI pages? Still not part of the sale? There are pages out there that have been PI for years ...

Well, if you go with just what is written for each artist (e.g. all pages on sale except those penciled by Romita or Quesada) then PI would be in scope.

but I almost never ask about PI pages even if there wasn't a sale so I don't bother. Plus I suspect spencer would be too busy during the sale to deal with PI (and i the artist really didn't want to include it in the sale, the PI price could simply be higher to account for the discount)

Malvin

The hardest part is seeing pages listed but all of the links to the scans are inactive, so it's difficult to verify the page without owning the book, and most art collectors don't necessarily own the comic books themselves for reference, and then there's always confusion of page counts in the numbering, whereas if there was an image provided, it would be conclusive to what you see is what you get.

I did read in one of the msg board posts that The Artist's Choice is going through improvements, so hopefully that includes the overall aesthetics and functionality of the website to become more user friendly.

I've never had problems ordering 'tho, and the communication requires patience but is always reliable and problem free from start to finish.

I've not seen much inventory updates from 2014 to present, and a few of the artists I'm interested in are only offering 10% off, which doesn't motivate me much, so I may sit on the sidelines for 2015 and hope that 2016 brings bountiful opportunities and easy navigation for impulse shopping, as I'm sure if the website was easy to visually see every page, the order volume would increase tremendously. I think a lot of regular customers may balk 'tho since they put forth the efforts to research and know what each page looks like, so their hidden gems are the fruits of their labor.