• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Artist's Choice Annual Sale IS ON!!!

78 posts in this topic

2 out of 5. I'd love to know if they were even there before the sale.

Anyone own the Barrows Superman New Krypton cover? Or pages from Ultimate Spider-Man 157?

Always check on CAF before emailing Spencer.

Nice catch.

My least favorite letters... NFS. lol.

He said he didn't have the page I was looking for. Now have to go through the site with a list of potential purchases to see if they're actually available.

I wish he just updated his site as soon as he saw that pages were not available. It's just as annoying as dealers showing art pages on their site with the word SOLD underneath. Not sure why they continue to show a page that is no longer available.

I emailed him on my order but didn't get any response. What's the best way to get hold of him?

You don't. You just wait. I emailed within minutes but have not heard back. But I've been ordering for years so I'm not worried.

Malvin

I e-mailed him with a list of four pages I was interested in. Got back to me in a few minutes asking if I wanted all the pages. I sent an initial e-mail saying I wanted 1-2, depending on pricing and availability. As soon as I sent it, I realized I wanted 3 pages so I asked him to ignore my last e-mail and put me down for three pages.

Granted, it does take time but it can be laborious on his end. It doesn't help that he doesn't update his site properly or post images of items he lists as currently available. Some image links are broken. e just needs to spend a little money hiring a real webpage wizard to streamline his site and keep it up to date.

I've been to other dealers pages and while some are great & others not so, they at least keep an updated site.

Granted, it does take time but it can be laborious on his end. It doesn't help that he doesn't update his site properly or post images of items he lists as currently available. Some image links are broken. e just needs to spend a little money hiring a real webpage wizard to streamline his site and keep it up to date.

I've been to other dealers pages and while some are great & others not so, they at least keep an updated site.

I noticed that too about no images & broken links. it's definitely not a casual process like other dealers, lots of hoops everywhere in the process to jump through...

it doesn't seem like it should be that hard. he just needs to adjust his processes so when he sells something, he removes it from inventory. or maybe rather, just start KEEPING inventory. he isn't really helping himself by not helping his customers.

if the problem is quantity, then maybe his filing system needs to be adjusted. I'm sure these annual sales clear out a lot of the garbage that's just been collecting dust.

I'm sure it's a hell of a lot to deal with but it isn't being done efficiently right now.

I noticed that too about no images & broken links. it's definitely not a casual process like other dealers, lots of hoops everywhere in the process to jump through...

it doesn't seem like it should be that hard. he just needs to adjust his processes so when he sells something, he removes it from inventory. or maybe rather, just start KEEPING inventory. he isn't really helping himself by not helping his customers.

if the problem is quantity, then maybe his filing system needs to be adjusted. I'm sure these annual sales clear out a lot of the garbage that's just been collecting dust.

I'm sure it's a hell of a lot to deal with but it isn't being done efficiently right now.

I think he needs a new server. Also something that updates inventory.

Keep the old server and the cheap prices =)

Check cleared on Tuesday & pages are here on Thursday! It's always nice when the pages have been scanned from a xerox copy & once you receive them they are sooo much more detailed.

I did have a question for the more seasoned collectors. One of the pages has a panel pasted over with new art on it. I can hold the page up to a light & see that there is a completed panel under it, I just can't see the details. New panel was not waxed on, it appears to have been spray mounted. Any trick to removing the replacement panel or should I just leave well enough alone?

Anyway, very happy & here is one of the nicer pages, great shot of the Original Ghost Rider.

3_26.jpg

I did have a question for the more seasoned collectors. One of the pages has a panel pasted over with new art on it. I can hold the page up to a light & see that there is a completed panel under it, I just can't see the details. New panel was not waxed on, it appears to have been spray mounted. Any trick to removing the replacement panel or should I just leave well enough alone?

It's not uncommon to find pages with panels that have redone art pasted over them and it's part of the creative process. I believe the general consensus is to leave it as is, as that is how the page was published and that is how the art should be preserved.

It's not uncommon to find pages with panels that have redone art pasted over them and it's part of the creative process. I believe the general consensus is to leave it as is, as that is how the page was published and that is how the art should be preserved.

Yeah, I know, but it's just driving me a little crazy wondering what's under there.

I didn't plan on trying to lift it, but if someone had an easy removal process that could just be re-spray mounted, I'd certainly listen.

Yeah, I am not going to order until he gets his inventory under control. I understand when pages are in the hands of artists, but when he sold a page 3+ years ago and it is still listed....

Just placed my first order with Artist's Choice. I'm still in time to get the sale prices, I just waited to avoid the crowds hm

Asked for two pages, so we'll see how it goes :popcorn:

Just got confirmation. I got 100% of the pages I asked for.

Sheesh, you guys overlooked some drek, GEMS :baiting:

Well, we went for the nice pieces whereas you went for, you know, the not so nice ones.