• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored Tec 31?

9 posts in this topic

Took a gamble on a PGX graded coverless Tec 31, cracked it out, and this is what I got. Couldn't see the interior of the book until I cracked it out as there was a reproduction cover around the book inside the PGX holder.

So my questions are:

1. What type of material is that affixed to the pages shown here? It looks to be some sort of tape, but certainly not the good ol' scotch tape I'm accustomed to seeing and handling. Would this material applied to the book be considered restoration?

2. The wraps are also all loose and unstapled. Does this have any bearing on whether the book receives something other than a universal NG/coverless grade?

3. I count 30 leaves/60 pages. Is this a complete book (minus the obvious missing front and back covers)? Nevermind--centerfold is missing!! :pullhair::pullhair::tonofbricks::pullhair::pullhair:

Thanks for your input and assistance.

w82rly.jpg

208uwk5.jpg

2lwmb6c.jpg

vysbww.jpg

Looks like rice paper to me?

POV would know best (or anyone else familiar with restoration).

Ugh. :sick:

Sorry to hear about your gamble.

1. What type of material is that affixed to the pages shown here? It looks to be some sort of tape, but certainly not the good ol' scotch tape I'm accustomed to seeing and handling. Would this material applied to the book be considered restoration?

w82rly.jpg

I wanted to say rice paper but it looks awfully slick and more opacity in the translucence. Almost plastic looking. Not sure exactly what it is but it looks nasty and unlike the rice paper I have used. Kenny may shed some more light here. :wishluck: