• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens SPOILER Discussion

1,010 posts in this topic

Rian Johnson is a really good writer and director, zero concerns on that angle with the next film. If he (Johnson) weren't also writing the third film I'd be more concerned with Colin Trevorrow's direction. I know Jurassic World made bank, and though I didn't dislike it as much as the vocal minority, I didn't love it either.

I think a lot of the the grunt work, introductions etc, and not having a panned return of the franchise, was done by Abrams and expect the next two to benefit from that.

Still, we've been talking a lot about China box office in other threads, so maybe having the guy who directed one of the biggest films of all time in that market might help in that regard.

Apparently the next film has the rebels holed up on an ice world meanwhile luke and whats her name head to Dagobah for training.

God I hope not...would they really mimic ESB that far?

Jim

If people would be willing to pay to see it five or more times, the Disney powers-that-be would fart in their own faces.

IMHO

At Disney they call that a Steamboat Willie.

:roflmao:

Apparently the next film has the rebels holed up on an ice world meanwhile luke and whats her name head to Dagobah for training.

Jim

If people would be willing to pay to see it five or more times, the Disney powers-that-be would fart in their own faces.

IMHO

At Disney they call that a Steamboat Willie.

:roflmao:

Yes! :roflmao:

Jim

IMHO

I wouldn't trust Disney to start pumping out original content anytime soon. There is even mention of Lando and the planet Bespin returning for Episode 8. That could possibly lead to...

I was really looking forward to movie and ended up really liking it!

The only thing that I didn't like was the scene when Chewie returned after Han's death.

I felt that scene deserved at least a big hug between Leia and Chewie, or some kind of acknowledgement and not just the look between Leia and Rey.

Han's death was a very poignant part of the movie and I feel that it should have had more of an emotional response between the 2 people closest to him.

The only thing that I didn't like was the scene when Chewie returned after Han's death.

I felt that scene deserved a big hug between Leia and Chewie, some kind of acknowledgement and not just the look between Leia and Rey.

Han's death was a very poignant part of the movie and I feel that it should have had more of an emotional response between the 2 people closest to him.

Agree with this, though I did really like Chewie's reaction upon seeing what happened to Han.

I felt that scene deserved a big hug between Leia and Chewie, some kind of acknowledgement and not just the look between Leia and Rey.

+1!!

One of my problems with this film. Leia and Chewie's reactions were just too weak and short lived- VERY unconvincing to me. I know the novels aren't canon, but when Chewie died, Han was inconsolable for "months", and for a time actually blamed his youngest son for his death. It would have been ridiculous if at the end of that book Han had simply moved on and replaced Chewie with a new First Mate.

Glad to see Star Wars got a Best Picture nomination. OH WAIT. You know, they expanded the field for Best Picture after The Dark Knight wasn't nominated, so popcorn flicks with critical support could potentially get noms, but it just hasn't worked out.

Makes you wonder if the only way to do it is by following the Lord of the Rings model, put out three movies in quick succession, each one being great, so the buzz accumulates to the point the Academy is bowled over.

So...maybe movie #3 in the new trilogy will do the trick.

HECK, THEY NOMINATED MAD MAX FOR GODSAKES. Plot-Go through the desert this way, then go through the desert back the other way, meanwhile shooting a bunch of ultra-cool fight scenes. End movie.

I think Mad Max is one of those nominations where they give you credit for your achievement but has zero chance of winning. It's definitely a theater experience, especially for me, because I never really cared about the previous films. I don't really care about this one, but it definitely is a well shot and executed ride. I'm shocked only because the academy is old as spoon that this got in, but maybe a lot of them know George Miller, who is also old as idk. It is very odd to me however that this particular action movie gets a nod and others do not.This movie has zero plot and very thin characters, which describes other very successful action movies that never sniff a nod. That said, Miller shot the hell out of this movie, no doubt. If he's circling Man of Steel II, might be in good hands.

Force Awakens was the best time at the theater for me, and in a perfect world it would get a similar type of nod, without a chance of winning, but for me it's not the Disney film that got snubbed. Inside Out was Pixar back in form, but animated just doesn't get the love usually. Instead it will dominate the animated category where another great movie is, Studio Ghibli's When Marnie Was There.

Mad Max was almost rewarded for not having a plot. Basically it's a sequence of action scenes strung together, which makes for a fantastic action movie, but, as indicated, it has no real plot. So there are no distractions from the action from a plot.

The only distractions for me in Star Wars were a few things I saw as plot problems. So, having less ambition and just executing a minimal plot has been rewarded.

I didn't even read this article, just the headline, but I realized this could open the door wide for all the characters that might be snoke... could be a spoiler for future star wars movies (but I highly doubt it, but it's possible, so read at your own risk):

Saw TFA on Monday, the movie didn't quite live up to all the hype,

You can definitely say that again as it was a total and absolute disappointment from my point of view. Maybe my expectations were too high from all of the hype. hm

Saw it as part of a group of 6 people on Tuesday night, with 3 of them dozing off halfway through the movie. lol

Thought Harrison Ford and the lead girl did a fantastic job though! hm

If people fall asleep during this movie might want to have them get a car service as they are also probably likely to fall asleep driving around town. (tsk)

No, it was alright since I did all of the driving.

Anyways, only 1 of them fell asleep while the other 2 were just dozing off now and then. lol

Actually, I had always planned to watch the first Star Wars only once in the theatre, even though it was simply a fantastic movie and well worth the money.

I just never knew that I would have to pay to see the whole thing again, only 38+ years later. :P

I didn't even read this article, just the headline, but I realized this could open the door wide for all the characters that might be snoke... could be a spoiler for future star wars movies (but I highly doubt it, but it's possible, so read at your own risk):

It won't happen. Only Marvel would benefit for a crossover, but at the expense of Star Wars. That would pretty much guarantee Star Wars' demise and I doubt Disney paid $4 billion for the franchise to just kill it.