• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens SPOILER Discussion

1,010 posts in this topic

Not sure if it was mentioned but after hearing Ewan Mcgregor on Jimmy Kimmel I'm starting to think that Rey is Obi Wans granddaughter

I could possibly understand if Luke decides to break Jedi protocol and fall in love (he's the last one...who's going to stop him?) but I'm not sure that Obi-Wan would find some Mos Eisley cantina babe to father his child...although he did seem pretty familiar with the inhabitants of the Mos Eisley cantina... hm

Remember he goes into hiding. As far as Jedi it's just him and Yoda so why shouldn't he try and have a normal life.

Think about it

Now it's Luke's turn to train the descendant of Obi Wan.

Also when she grabs the light saber, Obi wan says "Rey these are your first steps"

It also opens up the plot for a movie on Obi wan that takes place between episode 3-4

Remember he goes into hiding. As far as Jedi it's just him and Yoda so why shouldn't he try and have a normal life.

Think about it

Also when she grabs the light saber, Obi wan says "Rey these are your first steps"

It also opens up the plot for a movie on Obi wan that takes place between episode 3-4

I like this.

Ewen McG has always professed his love for the franchise and the character. I wouldn't be surprised at his interest/willingness to reprise his role and get a chance to do a GOOD Star Wars movie (even if that just means doing a stand alone movie about what happened during his time in hiding on Tatooine.

Think about it

I like this.

Ewen McG has always professed his love for the franchise and the character. I wouldn't be surprised at his interest/willingness to reprise his role and get a chance to do a GOOD Star Wars movie (even if that just means doing a stand alone movie about what happened during his time in hiding on Tatooine.

It could work. Obi Wan secretly guarding young Luke as imperials/spies/bounty hunters come to Tatooine

Think about it

Can't wait for Ewan McGregor to show up as a force ghost and explain his one night stand to Rey.

Side note: in the current Marvel Star Wars comics (which are canon) Obi Wan is seen as alone and still a hermit and Luke is already around age 10.

Also in the in-canon Clone Wars cartoon, Kenobi did have someone he loved (Satine, but is now dead) and would have left the order for her. Obviously there is no child in this union and you can take his words to either solidify he'd no break his vows (because that was his true love) or that maybe he is susceptible to it in the future.