• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monstress by Liu and Takeda - Image Comics

77 posts in this topic

I know they "usually" don't take off for production defects like bindery tears, but b/c this book is so large perhaps the tears are larger than normal and are dinged?

Just a guess.

When I bought #1, all the copies on the shelves had spine stress, mainly in the center of the spine. I just grabbed the one with least stress. Those who were able to get 9.8's were pretty lucky and will be able to command a good price from picky collectors.

Read issue 5 today. Well done issue. I like the fact I have read it more then once to get the entire story.

The last two pages are a nice plus too with an explanation of the types of races on the planet.

My local shop has picked up its order as well because usually I get the last copy and there were at least 8 or 9 still there.

Is it just me or does this book take a while to get published? Hopefully, my LCS still has a couple when I finally make it there.

Yeah same problem at my LCS.

Id like to hear from individuals who ordered it online. Did they see the same type of defects?

I ordered one copy online from eBay. It had the same type of defects. I have four copies of #1. The one 9.8 candidate is hand picked from my LCS.

BookScan Top 750 now out.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/tilting-at-windmills-257-looking-at-bookscan-2016-more-than-10-million-sold/

http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Bookscan-16-Top-750_sheet.htm

Congratulations to Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda (TAKEDA Sana?). Monstress Volume 1 is Image's 10th best selling book on BookScan. Particularly impressive given #s 1-9 are all either The Walking Dead or Saga and #11 is Paper Girls Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan. :D

Together with Comichron numbers, that's 50K Volume 1s sold. Granted, Paper Girls v01 wins the combined number at ~56-57K.

10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well deserved. This book will have resale for years especially in trades.

Since its release, Monstress Volume 1 has placed in the Top 20 of both Bookscan and Diamond GN charts almost every month. :D

Edited by aerischan