• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

I have not screwed anyone over

Yes you did, you screwed over the guy who originally won your auction!

.....and in the process of opening up myself to smearing of my name/losing customers etc, as I very well KNEW would be the llikely outcome of my initial starting post in this PUBLIC THREAD, I have RAISED $1550 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

Oh, so the ends justify the means. Not a surprise, coming from you.

First off, is it within board rules that a new user ID is allowed, just for the purpose of slandering another member?

What is your CGC forum user handle and why have you not posted these questions under your usual handle?

The original buyer had sketchy feedback, so before he paid, I opened a transaction cancellatuonon request.He ignored my request and paid after I opened the request so I immediately refunded his payment and contacted eBay customer service.

I am not going to roll the dice and hope I don't get screwed.

As I said, he got an immediate refund.Done and done.

You have every right to cancel a sale. Despite eBay's claims to the contrary, you are the owner of the item, and you reserve the right to not sell to whomever you choose, if you can reasonably show that there is unjustifiable risk in completing the transaction (such as someone you previously blocked buying under another account.)

However...

When you choose to use eBay, you also accept their terms of use. Part of those terms of use is that buyers who are not satisfied with a transaction can leave negative/neutral feedback expressing their dissatisfaction, provided they have done their part by paying for the item.

Your buyer did that.

You then manipulated the eBay system by calling them and convincing them to remove that feedback, in direct violation of eBay's own policy.

Now...because eBay does this, I don't pass judgment about whether or not that manipulation was ethical or not. eBay is as corrupt as it gets, and if some low-level drone can be convinced, against their own policies, more power to you.

However...

Continuing to use the excuse of "I didn't want to risk getting screwed" is a charade. A single negative feedback, among hundreds of positives, and for which you have no further evidence of wrong doing, isn't justification, as you well know, but won't fess up to.

I have no intention of giving away a 9.8 for $250 , and then taking the chance of getting beat with a BS fraud case.

Question for CAK;

If the book had sold for a record GPA high of say $1,000 or thereabouts and you had received immediate payment from this neg buyer, would you have refunded him his money and cancelled the transaction? hm

Still haven't received any type of response from you with respect to my question above. :taptaptap:

Based upon your original post, you made it sound as though your reason for cancelling the transaction was because the buyer had 1 neg on file against his 200+ transactions on eBay. Your actions clearly indicate that the real reason is the low price that your book was able to garner through your eBay auction listing.

Based upon your mishandling of this entire action, it looks like the buyer would be fully entitled to give you a neg on this transaction. Since you would now have a well deserved and fully earned neg on your eBay profile, would you agree that all future buyers and sellers conducting eBay transactions with you going forward would now have the right to cancel completed transactions with you from this point on? hm

The buyer had a negative feedback , which he just earned ONE MONTH AGO, in November.

he may have had 200 positive feedbacks but his negative feedback is one of his most recent feedbacks.

That negative feedback read as:

"WARNING SELLER ABUSES RETURN POLICY-CONMAN LIAR. THIEF!!"

The fact that the book sold so low is a corollary.

I am not going to award an eBay member with that sort of negative feedback and take the chance of him sending back a 2 pound box full of last week's newspapers.

I sent a cancellation request, the bidder paid anyway.I immediately refunded his money.

He saw the refund and he did in fact give me a negative feedback.

I spoke with a customer service rep and explaned that due to the buyer's recent negative feedback, I did not want to sell the book to him as it would be a risk of him returning an empty box full of newspapers is a risk that I that I was unwilling to take.The eBay rep also told me that the negative feedback he posted under my account would be removed, which It was.I now am back to 100% positive feedback on eBay.

On both counts, the ebay rep agreed with me and the negative feedback was removed and the cancellation request went through, the sale was voided.

The fact of the matter is the sale turned out for the better i.e. I did not ship the book out for $256 (minus a 10% WWP donation).

Shadroch or KPR is getting the book, instead.

The WWP is getting $1550, between their 2 direct donations.

I make no money from this book, at all.

I made no money from the SS #1 CGC 9.0 that I sold for $100 (100% donated to WWP).

Draw whatever conclusions you want.

Amazing how you avoid the actual question asked by lou fine.

It doesn't take a genius to know the answer though.

Read my response again.

I answered Fine's question, which was a theoretical "if the original transaction netted me a negatuve feedback" question in itself .

Key word in his question was "if" and as I responded, eBay decided in my favor by canceling the transaction and removing the negative feedback, which was posted by the buyer.

At the end of the day, a boardie is getting the book and WWP is getting $1550.

I have willingly subjected myself to an onslaught of naysayers but it has been worth it as my actions in this thread are netting $1550 for a well deserving charity.

If boardies don't want to deal with me, so be it.

I have not screwed anyone over.....and in the process of opening up myself to smearing of my name/losing customers etc, as I very well KNEW would be the llikely outcome of my initial starting post in this PUBLIC THREAD, I have RAISED $1550 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

I am content with this outcome.

Actually, Lou's question was if the book sold for a GPA high to the same buyer, would you have cancelled?

I answered Fine's second question above.I missed the first, as I said, I've been preoccupied with answering a slew of questions and mud throwing.

To answer the first question:

No, I still would not have taken that chance.

.....and in the process of opening up myself to smearing of my name/losing customers etc, as I very well KNEW would be the llikely outcome of my initial starting post in this PUBLIC THREAD, I have RAISED $1550 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

I love how he is taking credit for the $1550 now. Very generous of you to take credit for other peoples donations .

I love how he is taking credit for the $1550 now. Very generous of you to take credit for other peoples donations .

:facepalm: I was thinking the exact same thing.

What a CAK

Wait, wait, wait...

Suicide Squad 1 sells for more than $256?

It has to. If it doesn't CAK will find a way to cancel the transaction.

25327-done-and-done.gif

I have no intention of giving away a 9.8 for $250 , and then taking the chance of getting beat with a BS fraud case.

Question for CAK;

If the book had sold for a record GPA high of say $1,000 or thereabouts and you had received immediate payment from this neg buyer, would you have refunded him his money and cancelled the transaction? hm

Still haven't received any type of response from you with respect to my question above. :taptaptap:

Based upon your original post, you made it sound as though your reason for cancelling the transaction was because the buyer had 1 neg on file against his 200+ transactions on eBay. Your actions clearly indicate that the real reason is the low price that your book was able to garner through your eBay auction listing.

Based upon your mishandling of this entire action, it looks like the buyer would be fully entitled to give you a neg on this transaction. Since you would now have a well deserved and fully earned neg on your eBay profile, would you agree that all future buyers and sellers conducting eBay transactions with you going forward would now have the right to cancel completed transactions with you from this point on? hm

The buyer had a negative feedback , which he just earned ONE MONTH AGO, in November.

he may have had 200 positive feedbacks but his negative feedback is one of his most recent feedbacks.

That negative feedback read as:

"WARNING SELLER ABUSES RETURN POLICY-CONMAN LIAR. THIEF!!"

The fact that the book sold so low is a corollary.

I am not going to award an eBay member with that sort of negative feedback and take the chance of him sending back a 2 pound box full of last week's newspapers.

I sent a cancellation request, the bidder paid anyway.I immediately refunded his money.

He saw the refund and he did in fact give me a negative feedback.

I spoke with a customer service rep and explaned that due to the buyer's recent negative feedback, I did not want to sell the book to him as it would be a risk of him returning an empty box full of newspapers is a risk that I that I was unwilling to take.The eBay rep also told me that the negative feedback he posted under my account would be removed, which It was.I now am back to 100% positive feedback on eBay.

On both counts, the ebay rep agreed with me and the negative feedback was removed and the cancellation request went through, the sale was voided.

The fact of the matter is the sale turned out for the better i.e. I did not ship the book out for $256 (minus a 10% WWP donation).

Shadroch or KPR is getting the book, instead.

The WWP is getting $1550, between their 2 direct donations.

I make no money from this book, at all.

I made no money from the SS #1 CGC 9.0 that I sold for $100 (100% donated to WWP).

Draw whatever conclusions you want.

Amazing how you avoid the actual question asked by lou fine.

It doesn't take a genius to know the answer though.

Read my response again.

I answered Fine's question, which was a theoretical "if the original transaction netted me a negatuve feedback" question in itself .

Key word in his question was "if" and as I responded, eBay decided in my favor by canceling the transaction and removing the negative feedback, which was posted by the buyer.

At the end of the day, a boardie is getting the book and WWP is getting $1550.

I have willingly subjected myself to an onslaught of naysayers but it has been worth it as my actions in this thread are netting $1550 for a well deserving charity.

If boardies don't want to deal with me, so be it.

I have not screwed anyone over.....and in the process of opening up myself to smearing of my name/losing customers etc, as I very well KNEW would be the llikely outcome of my initial starting post in this PUBLIC THREAD, I have RAISED $1550 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

I am content with this outcome.

Actually, Lou's question was if the book sold for a GPA high to the same buyer, would you have cancelled?

I answered Fine's second question above.I missed the first, as I said, I've been preoccupied with answering a slew of questions and mud throwing.

To answer the first question:

No, I still would not have taken that chance.

1348778638428_zpsbg0lrbnv.gif

I did not take credit for raising $1550 for the WWP.

I am donating a key book, while Shadroch is donating $550 in return for said book and KPR is donating a $1000 , after the book is received.

The $1550 total donation is a direct result of this thread and KPR, Shadroch putting up a collective $1550 for the WWP.

KPR deserves most of the credit, he is donating the largest amount.

Otherwise, I would have let Shadroch pay $550 for the book via eBay, with that $550 going to the WWP.

Instead, KPR offered to post up a $1000 donation to the WWP if the book was taken down from eBay/Facebook and shipped to Shadroch instead.

Now, if I go to post books on FB, I will have trouble selling them and have to deal with all of this, a second time around.The 100% charity auction book was taken down from eBay, by myself, and to simeone who doesn't post on these boards, it looks like I just decided to keep the book.

Which is another mess entirely.

I am fine with thst mess, if it means KPR will donate $1000 to the WWP.

First off, is it within board rules that a new user ID is allowed, just for the purpose of slandering another member?

What is your CGC forum user handle and why have you not posted these questions under your usual handle?

The original buyer had sketchy feedback, so before he paid, I opened a transaction cancellatuonon request.He ignored my request and paid after I opened the request so I immediately refunded his payment and contacted eBay customer service.

In short, yes you screwed over the original buyer because the auction did not end as you wanted. Pretty much like shilling.

You have every right to cancel a sale. Despite eBay's claims to the contrary, you are the owner of the item, and you reserve the right to not sell to whomever you choose, if you can reasonably show that there is unjustifiable risk in completing the transaction (such as someone you previously blocked buying under another account.)

However...

When you choose to use eBay, you also accept their terms of use. Part of those terms of use is that buyers who are not satisfied with a transaction can leave negative/neutral feedback expressing their dissatisfaction, provided they have done their part by paying for the item.

Your buyer did that.

You then manipulated the eBay system by calling them and convincing them to remove that feedback, in direct violation of eBay's own policy.

Now...because eBay does this, I don't pass judgment about whether or not that manipulation was ethical or not. eBay is as corrupt as it gets, and if some low-level drone can be convinced, against their own policies, more power to you.

However...

Continuing to use the excuse of "I didn't want to risk getting screwed" is a charade. A single negative feedback, among hundreds of positives, and for which you have no further evidence of wrong doing, isn't justification, as you well know, but won't fess up to.

Are you going to address any of this, CAK?

Wait, wait, wait...

Two questions.

1. Which Suicide Squad 1 comic? Rather than letting sleeping dogs lie, DC seems to keep relaunching this title every few years.

2. Why would any of these sell for even $25.60? Some movie hype again or is there perhaps a better grounded and more sustainable reason this time?

???

However...

Your buyer did that.

However...

Jesus H Christ, man.

How much do you want of my time and energy, and can be expected, to be devoted to this thread?

Are you expecting me to say I am a scumbag?

I never said I was perfect.

eBay sided in my favor.

I sent the buyer a cancellation request.

He paid anyway.

I refunded him within minutes.

I am tired of all of this, to be honest.

But I am happy that the WWP will be receiving $1550.

That said:

Shadroch, PM me your shipping address.

I will ship the book to you tomorrow.

If you want to give it to KPR, that'd be cool.

If you want to sell it and donate 100% of the sale to charity, even cooler.

Or keep it for yourself.I am also fine with that.

He already posted it awhile ago.

"Your Confirmation Information

12/21/2015 12:15:31 PM

Wounded Warrior Project®

We want to thank you for your generous donation to Wounded Warrior Project. Your gift will help injured warriors continue the long healing process and provide assistance to their caregivers and families. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery of your calendar.

Click to Find Out if Your Company Matches Gifts

Federal employees can sign-up for employee giving through the Combined Federal Campaign. The WWP CFC number is 11425.

Thank you again for your gift. This is a summary of the information you provided.

Your Information:

Name: William Ryan

Address: 336 Beebe Rd

Mineola, New York 11501

Email: billryan115@yahoo.com

Phone:

Contribution Summary:

Payment Amount: $550.00

Reference ID: 30104114

The full amount of your gift is tax-deductible under the Internal Revenue Code since Wounded Warrior Project Inc., a nonprofit organization under Section 501©(3), did not provide goods or services of value to you in consideration of your contribution.

Contact Information:

Please call 855.GIVE.WWP (855.448.3997), if you have any questions or concerns.

Does that suffice?"

Dear CAK, complete the original sale with the original ebay buyer and I will donate $1,000 to WWP.

I'm going to hold off paying in the hope CAK follows thru on this. 48 hours, and if he doesn't I will buy it because I'm a man of my word. Clock starts now. tick tock.

Alternate offer: accept Shadroch's original offer (he donates directly to WWP and CAK sends him the book) and I donate $1,000 to WWP.

That's incredibly generous of both of you. :applause:

+1

As moving as the offers are, remember this potential transaction involves trusting CAK.

Personally I think it's best everyone walks away from this book and gives to the WWP without the stigma of this attempted manipulation.

No matter how this is done, on GPA or off GPA it will be used for financial gain by CAK on the remaining books he owns in some way.

You say that as if it is a bad thing. America is a Capitalist society.Do you hate Capitalism? Do you hate America?

A new offer. Accept KPRs offer. Sell the book to the original guy at the original price, KPR donates $1000 to WWP and I'll commit to buying $600 from you off eBay. That way everyone wins.

So America supports lying and fraud to make a buck? hm

That's an interesting twist on capitalism.

Is that a trick question?

However...

Your buyer did that.

However...

Jesus H Christ, man.

How much do you want of my time and energy, and can be expected, to be devoted to this thread?

Are you expecting me to say I am a scumbag?

I never said I was perfect.

eBay sided in my favor.

I sent the buyer a cancellation request.

He paid anyway.

I refunded him within minutes.

I am tired of all of this, to be honest.

But I am happy that the WWP will be receiving $1550.

That said:

Shadroch, PM me your shipping address.

I will ship the book to you tomorrow.

If you want to give it to KPR, that'd be cool.

If you want to sell it and donate 100% of the sale to charity, even cooler.

Or keep it for yourself.I am also fine with that.

Quit responding - don't respond to my post - don't respond to anything. You painted yourself into a corner and now you are trying to talk your way out and it keeps getting worse. A bunch of money got donated to a good cause so feel the good holiday cheer and now it's time to change your name and icon and come back in a couple months a new man. :grin:

Wait, wait, wait...

Two questions.

1. Which Suicide Squad 1 comic? Rather than letting sleeping dogs lie, DC seems to keep relaunching this title every few years.

2. Why would any of these sell for even $25.60? Some movie hype again or is there perhaps a better grounded and more sustainable reason this time?

???

1. I'm guessing the first series from 1987, rather than the second series from 2001 or the third from 2011. It's not published by Marvel.

2. Upcoming movie, duh.

If this book gets shipped and it's not by media mail, I will consider this thread a disappointment. :shy:
:wishluck: