• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

Okay, lets clarify something. My offer is simple. I'll donate $550 to WWP. Post the receipt here or however it is best to verify and you ship me the book.

No middle men, no ebay, no nothing. I'll overpay for the book but the money goes to WWP, and if GPA recognizes public sales on this forum, it gets noted. If not, it doesn't.

That's my offer. Feel free to accept it or reject it. Not trying to pick a fight, just making an offer.

His negative feedback read :

:WARNING SELLER ABUSES RETURN POLICY HE IS A CONMAN LIAR!! THIEF".

Now, any potential bidders who saw his feedback would have thought he is likely a shill, hence the book selling at a GPA low.

On top of that, why would I want to take the chance of getting screwed a second time when I ship the slab out to England and he returns it for a refund...sending me back a box with 2 pounds worth of newspapers?

As a seller, I reserve the right not to sell to such d-bag scammers.

What was his overall feedback score though?

The fact it was a GPA low didn't make you dig through the buyers feedback though?

PS: I'm going to go do some yard work. I'm curious to see how this goes though...

Whenever I sell a bigger ticket book, I check the buyer's feedback before I ship out.

In this case, the buyer had a score of 200 or so + feedbacks.

One of his most recent feedbacks from a little over a month ago (within his last 10 or less feedback postings) was the glaringly negative feedback.

That screams red flag to me.

We all know that the buyer, given Paypal's return policy, would allow for the buyer to open an iyem not received case, or merely just write up a return item request, and send the slab back to me.

He may or may not have done so, but I am not taking that chance because based on his negative feedback...he screwed someone over before....and there would be no way for me to prove that if he did send me back a box full of grass clippings in a zioloc baggie, that weighed as much as a box with the CGC book in it...that I'd have no way to prove the slab was not in the box he sent back to me.

I explained that to the eBay customer service rep and the rep sided with my point and as I refunded the guy within minutes of being paid, the rep approved my cancellation request and removed the negative feedback that he posted under my account.It took 3 phone calls and well over a collective 2 hours of my time to get this sorted out.

To those, who want to question my character, I have decided to put the book back up to its original BIN price of $550.

And just like the Suicide Squad #1 CGC 9.0 that I sold on Friday with shipping on me and 100% of the sale price donated to the Wounded Warrior Project, 100% of the sale of this book will go directly to the Wounded Warrior Priject.

The book has 4 sales over $500 in cgc 9.8, this year.

IMHO, due to this book being a news stand copy, it is worth every penney of its' GPA high of $550.

To those who question my character, I say put your money where your mouth is.

Buy the book, effectively donating $550 to one of the most deserving charity groups out there, in the process.

Does the payment go to you or to the WWP? If it is direct to WWP, :takeit:

Not questioning your character, I can write off a donation to them. I cant write it off if it goes to you.

The payment goes directly to the Wounded Warrior foundation.

looks like we have a sale!

though I'm pretty sure GPA doesn't recognize any sales on this site....

They don't.

But the wounded vets WIN! They deserve it.

Now, any potential bidders who saw his feedback would have thought he is likely a shill, hence the book selling at a GPA low.

On top of that, why would I want to take the chance of getting screwed a second time when I ship the slab out to England and he returns it for a refund...sending me back a box with 2 pounds worth of newspapers?

The fact it was a GPA low didn't make you dig through the buyers feedback though?

PS: I'm going to go do some yard work. I'm curious to see how this goes though...

Whenever I sell a bigger ticket book, I check the buyer's feedback before I ship out.

One of his most recent feedbacks from a little over a month ago (within his last 10 or less feedback postings) was the glaringly negative feedback.

We all know that the buyer, given Paypal's return policy, would allow for the buyer to open an iyem not received case, or merely just write up a return item request, and send the slab back to me.

He may or may not have done so, but I am not taking that chance because based on his negative feedback...he screwed someone over before....and there would be no way for me to prove that if he did send me back a box full of grass clippings in a zioloc baggie, that weighed as much as a box with the CGC book in it...that I'd have no way to prove the slab was not in the box he sent back to me.

I explained that to the eBay customer service rep and the rep sided with my point and as I refunded the guy within minutes of being paid, the rep approved my cancellation request and removed the negative feedback that he posted under my account.It took 3 phone calls and well over a collective 2 hours of my time to get this sorted out.

To those, who want to question my character, I have decided to put the book back up to its original BIN price of $550.

And just like the Suicide Squad #1 CGC 9.0 that I sold on Friday with shipping on me and 100% of the sale price donated to the Wounded Warrior Project, 100% of the sale of this book will go directly to the Wounded Warrior Priject.

IMHO, due to this book being a news stand copy, it is worth every penney of its' GPA high of $550.

Buy the book, effectively donating $550 to one of the most deserving charity groups out there, in the process.

Can you see how disclosing you have 10 copies to sell, and that you cancel an auction that's well below GPA, ostensibly because the seller's feedback is the reason, even though you note only one feedback out of 200+, could be seen as potentially having competing motives over and above your paralyzing fear of being defrauded?

Can you see how having 10 copies of a book and donating one, at a price that would tie an GPA all-time high, might be construed as a helping you move the other 9 at a number that's currently $220 above the 90 GPA average in addition to purported altruism?

Or is helping move GPA back in the "right" direction and your massive personal inventory, again, irrelevant?

Probably would have helped you more to email George directly to correct GPA and not reveal you're sitting on a pile of copies all Smaug-style.

I just spent 30 mins responding to your postx only to see it either poofed by a mod, or I failed to hit Submit on my cells kdypad.

Well, to paraohrase my lengthy response:

It would have helped me more if I had emailed George directly than posting the details on a public forum

It also would have helped me more if I had kept the fact thst I had subbed 10 copies of this book to CGC.

If I really wanted to highlight/pump the rarity of a newsstand cgc 9.8, I wouldnt have smaugishly stated I subbed 10 copies and received back more than a single 9.8

FTR, I got back 3 9.8 s....2 9.6's....2 9.4's. 2 9.0's.

There was 4 sales of this book in 9.8 above $500 this year.The last sale, previous to my ayctioned 9.8 news stand was $389 in November.The following day, on Dec 17th, a cgc 9.8 sold for $300, down from the $388 sale in Nov and whammo, my copy selling at $256 likely pushed that copy to sell the next day below the 90 day average.

2 clunker sales, pushed the 90 day average way down.

Here is where I proposed about 10 different "Do I stand to gain/lose questions and answered them all.

Second time around I!ll just type in one...

Hell. I'll do a few.

Are my motives purely altruistic?

No.

Do we live in an ideal world where everyone has putely altruistic motives and votes their conscience, everytime?

No.

Am I making more than $50K a year, between a full time job and selling comics part time?

No, I am not.

Is a total donation of $650 for 2 of my 10 cgc graded copies going to kill me?

No, but $650 is about what I take home each week, after taxes.

Am I more than willing to donate what I can, to help those who have given EVERYTHING THAT THEY HAVE and who are SYSTEMATICALLY disregarded by our government. after their service?

Yes, I am.

Does my selling a cgc 9.0 for $100 (above the last 9.9 sale of $80) and a cgc 9.8 at the gpa high of $550 have a great effect on FMV?Consider that there is still a $325 BIN listed with other BIN's between $375-$450...most have best offers so mkst sellers will sell around $350, guven current GPA, once a $550 sale kicks in and activity on this book trends back upward......just like it will anyway when the next trailer is leaked.

I'd have to sell all 3 of my cgc 9.8 newsstands back to back k to back to have the 90 day average tilt in my favor....and thats not gonna happen, with other

Direct market 9.8s listed on ebay between $325 to $450.

Self evident answer i.e. yes and no, but not all that much.

....The rest of my reply is too damn long to rehash.

Can you see how disclosing you have 10 copies to sell, and that you cancel an auction that's well below GPA, ostensibly because the seller's feedback is the reason, even though you note only one feedback out of 200+, could be seen as potentially having competing motives over and above your paralyzing fear of being defrauded?

Can you see how having 10 copies of a book and donating one, at a price that would tie an GPA all-time high, might be construed as a helping you move the other 9 at a number that's currently $220 above the 90 GPA average in addition to purported altruism?

Or is helping move GPA back in the "right" direction and your massive personal inventory, again, irrelevant?

Probably would have helped you more to email George directly to correct GPA and not reveal you're sitting on a pile of copies all Smaug-style.

I just spent 30 mins responding to your postx only to see it either poofed by a mod, or I failed to hit Submit on my cells kdypad.

Well, to paraohrase my lengthy response:

It would have helped me more if I had emailed George directly than posting the details on a public forum

It also would have helped me more if I had kept the fact thst I had subbed 10 copies of this book to CGC.

If I really wanted to highlight/pump the rarity of a newsstand cgc 9.8, I wouldnt have smaugishly stated I subbed 10 copies and received back more than a single 9.8

FTR, I got back 3 9.8 s....2 9.6's....2 9.4's. 2 9.0's.

There was 4 sales of this book in 9.8 above $500 this year.The last sale, previous to my ayctioned 9.8 news stand was $389 in November.The following day, on Dec 17th, a cgc 9.8 sold for $300, down from the $388 sale in Nov and whammo, my copy selling at $256 likely pushed that copy to sell the next day below the 90 day average.

2 clunker sales, pushed the 90 day average way down.

Here is where I proposed about 10 different "Do I stand to gain/lose questions and answered them all.

Second time around I!ll just type in one...

Hell. I'll do a few.

Are my motives purely altruistic?

No.

Do we live in an ideal world where everyone has putely altruistic motives and votes their conscience, everytime?

No.

Am I making more than $50K a year, between a full time job and selling comics part time?

No, I am not.

Is a total donation of $650 for 2 of my 10 cgc graded copies going to kill me?

No, but $650 is about what I take home each week, after taxes.

Am I more than willing to donate what I can, to help those who have given EVERYTHING THAT THEY HAVE and who are SYSTEMATICALLY disregarded by our government. after their service?

Yes, I am.

Does my selling a cgc 9.0 for $100 (above the last 9.9 sale of $80) and a cgc 9.8 at the gpa high of $550 have a great effect on FMV?Consider that there is still a $325 BIN listed with other BIN's between $375-$450...most have best offers so mkst sellers will sell around $350, guven current GPA, once a $550 sale kicks in and activity on this book trends back upward......just like it will anyway when the next trailer is leaked.

I'd have to sell all 3 of my cgc 9.8 newsstands back to back k to back to have the 90 day average tilt in my favor....and thats not gonna happen, with other

Direct market 9.8s listed on ebay between $325 to $450.

Self evident answer i.e. yes and no, but not all that much.

....The rest of my reply is too damn long to rehash.

Bidders don't have acces to viewing the feedback of other bidders. Bidder names are disguised with only a feedback number visible. That's not why the book sold low.

Excellent point, this book did not sell low because of Ebay feedback. Do you think CAK is lying or is he just that stupid?

Bidders don't have acces to viewing the feedback of other bidders. Bidder names are disguised with only a feedback number visible. That's not why the book sold low.

Excellent point, this book did not sell low because of Ebay feedback. Do you think CAK is lying or is he just that stupid?

Yes

Does the payment go to you or to the WWP? If it is direct to WWP, :takeit:

Not questioning your character, I can write off a donation to them. I cant write it off if it goes to you.

The payment goes directly to the Wounded Warrior foundation.

...through eBay, or can Shad just send a donation to them directly, give you proof of the donation, and you'll send him the book?

Using charity as a way to manipulate GPA is bizarre. You're basically admitting to trying to trick people into thinking a book is worth more than it is by negotiating a sale for charity and then piggy backing on that inflated sale with your other books. That's pretty messed up.

I have no intention of giving away a 9.8 for $250 , and then taking the chance of getting beat with a BS fraud case.

Question for CAK;

If the book had sold for a record GPA high of say $1,000 or thereabouts and you had received immediate payment from this neg buyer, would you have refunded him his money and cancelled the transaction? hm

So it sold for 250... Now he wants 550

And he wants the 250 sale removed from GPA so the low sale does not affect the sale of his other 9 copies.

Probably wants the 550 sale done thru ebay then. Yes?

Sneaky.

Yeah and your history with sales threads on here is unassailable right...?

:baiting:

And he wants the 250 sale removed from GPA so the low sale does not affect the sale of his other 9 copies.

Sneaky.

Not at all. I admit trying to make a quick buck :)

When was that a crime?

Sneaky.

tumblr_m6ek97g1jQ1ry10fwo1_400_zpsaa5lvyz9.gif

Yes
That's yes Stu, to you. :baiting::grin: