• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

Recap: A board member has offered to make a direct donation to WW foundation for $550.00 he will then show the receipt and CAK will send him the book. This will go down as a board charity sale? definitely not a GPA recorded sale.

So did CAK except this very giving action? I mean why is this not done already ? seems like an awesome gesture !

Either way I dont think GPA should record charity sales as fact anyways. I wonder if they factor that in, They might already.

So has the sale involving CAK and Shad gone through?

BTW, CAK also posted this book - it's eBay auction - up on a Facebook forum. Comic Keys...Buy, Sell, Trade, Auction. The buyer posted up immediately asking why transaction was cancelled. Collin replied back a couple of days later with the same explanation as offered here.

Which still isn't right. As others have noted here, bidders don't know who other bidders are. So they wouldn't be able to read their feedback. So the book just sold lower than expected, not because of what might be in a bidder's feedback.

Sales are high and low on eBay. That's why GPA is most commonly used as an average. Scammers exist here in the USA. You might have an American living in the States try to return a box of grass clippings in a zip-lock. If one wants a specific price, that is what BIN is for. If one doesn't like chancing selling out of the country, you can say no international sales.

Real names here on FB btw...

Recap: A board member has offered to make a direct donation to WW foundation for $550.00 he will then show the receipt and CAK will send him the book. This will go down as a board charity sale? definitely not a GPA recorded sale.

So did CAK except this very giving action? I mean why is this not done already ? seems like an awesome gesture !

Either way I dont think GPA should record charity sales as fact anyways. I wonder if they factor that in, They might already.

He's likely trying to make a 2nd chance offer to the

original eBay auction winner at the near all time low 2015 result,

all the while wondering why everything backfires on him.

To be fair, the offer I gave him wasn't the same as the proposal he put up so he declines it, its well within his rights.

Your proposal is better. It removes any doubt of the money going to charity.

To be fair, the offer I gave him wasn't the same as the proposal he put up so he declines it, its well within his rights.

Your proposal is better. It removes any doubt of the money going to charity.

Yep and no lost fees to eBay.

So he's not doing it?

Is there any way we can ask GPA to report the sale, even if the seller weaseled out?

There is a "contact" link on the GPA site. Imagine if that had been used in the first place :blush:

So he's not doing it?

Is there any way we can ask GPA to report the sale, even if the seller weaseled out?

As far as I'm concerned, and hopefully as far as GPA is concerned given the information given; the eBay sale was finalized. The buyer paid. The seller chose not to ship. That's a valid sale for reporting purposes.

Given that the buyer identified himself on Facebook, putting a name to the eBay ID, it makes it even more inexcusable for the sale not to be completed, as that adds another layer of protection. Pointing to 1 negative feedback out of 200 as a reason to cancel a sale is absurd. Everyone who has been on eBay for a significant amount of time has gotten a negative feedback from at least one ridiculous person.

#Shenanigans

So he's not doing it?

As far as I'm concerned, and hopefully as far as GPA is concerned given the information given; the eBay sale was finalized. The buyer paid. The seller chose not to ship. That's a valid sale for reporting purposes.

Given that the buyer identified himself on Facebook, putting a name to the eBay ID, it makes it even more inexcusable for the sale not to be completed, as that adds another layer of protection. Pointing to 1 negative feedback out of 200 as a reason to cancel a sale is absurd. Everyone who has been on eBay for a significant amount of time has gotten a negative feedback from at least one ridiculous person.

#Shenanigans

I agree should count as a sale. And GPA 90 day average for this book is a bunch of red arrows pointing down. The book got hot, it's cooling off.

So he's not doing it?

Why would we want to do that? It is not an arms length transaction. Let's not add price fixing to the list of dirtbag tactics already laid out in this thread.

Okay, lets clarify something. My offer is simple. I'll donate $550 to WWP. Post the receipt here or however it is best to verify and you ship me the book.

No middle men, no ebay, no nothing. I'll overpay for the book but the money goes to WWP, and if GPA recognizes public sales on this forum, it gets noted. If not, it doesn't.

That's my offer. Feel free to accept it or reject it. Not trying to pick a fight, just making an offer.

This was an idea I had and it is a great one. I can also vouch for Shad and say that his word is gold. If he pledges to do this then this is what will happen.

I would like to see CAK take him up on his offer.

Okay, lets clarify something. My offer is simple. I'll donate $550 to WWP. Post the receipt here or however it is best to verify and you ship me the book.

No middle men, no ebay, no nothing. I'll overpay for the book but the money goes to WWP, and if GPA recognizes public sales on this forum, it gets noted. If not, it doesn't.

That's my offer. Feel free to accept it or reject it. Not trying to pick a fight, just making an offer.

This was an idea I had and it is a great one. I can also vouch for Shad and say that his word is gold. If he pledges to do this then this is what will happen.

Go in for half with me and we'll split the comic in two.

Will CAK's associate approve that?

You mean "associste"

You mean "associste"

That must be a little mashup involving butts and inflicting pain to oneself. Quite Freudian.