• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

It appears Shad's offer isn't going to be accepted. A link to the current eBay sale of the book in question was posted fifteen minutes ago on the aforementioned Facebook page.

Pity - should the book sell for $550 on eBay - which seems unlikely - then eBay will take their standard fees leaving Wounded Warriors with less than $500.

eBay does not take any percentages out of *100% * charity listings.

If the book sells for $550, the Wounded Warrior Fund receives $550.Not $500.

I cover any fees associated with eBay, Paypal and shipping.

So any reason this cannot go to Shad on here instead? (shrug)

If that is the way eBay works, there isn't really a difference on the seller's end (except it would not hit GPA on here) and there is a confirmed buyer on here.

I'm usually the first person to call out people for making assumptions and jumping to conclusions, but unless someone points out something I'm not thinking of, this does look like it is being sold only on eBay to "get" that GPA price.

If that really is not the case, then there should be no problem selling it to Shad on here.

You guys are being hard on CAKgiggle.gif

I'm assuming the negative feedback on the buyer was something along the lines of "he/she drinks the blood of newborn babies for sustenance", or something equally terrible. Why else would you return the buyers money and cancel the transaction? hm

Can this line be submitted to the "Out of context" thread?

And you aren't selling it to shad, right here right now, for that same amount because....??

And you aren't selling it to shad, right here right now, for that same amount because....??

Read the title of the thread.

I have no problem buying it on eBay, as long as all the money goes to WWP. The seller is doing a very nice thing. He's helped them raise $650. He should be applauded. :applause:

If you can provide a link,I'll send the money tomorrow. (thumbs u

Do you still get the write off for the purchase on eBay?

So any reason this cannot go to Shad on here instead? (shrug)

If that is the way eBay works, there isn't really a difference on the seller's end (except it would not hit GPA on here) and there is a confirmed buyer on here.

I'm usually the first person to call out people for making assumptions and jumping to conclusions, but unless someone points out something I'm not thinking of, this does look like it is being sold only on eBay to "get" that GPA price.

If that really is not the case, then there should be no problem selling it to Shad on here.

The bolded part appears to answer your question. As did he earlier.

Are my motives purely altruistic?

No.

The charitable cause is not, and cannot, be the primary concern here, or Shadroch (who has a reputation and references that should make him beyond reproach as to his credibility, and would leave literally nothing to risk anyway, since his stated terms I believer were "donation first and proof of said donation next before the book would even be shipped) and his offer would have been accepted, and the book wouldn't be on eBay, where selling there in theory represents far more risk that something shady could take place and the charity would be out the donation (which the OP essentially argues himself with his initial explanation for why the eBay sale that started this thread was refunded and not followed up with).

Is this a case of a charitable cause being used as an aid for an individual's gain in some way (whether it be GPA manipulation, or whatever else it could be)? It looks like it. Tis the season, huh? :facepalm:

If I were the potential buyer I would be far more comfortable buying it on eBay with no doubt where the money is going and with little worry that I would not receive the book. Here I would not be as trusting the deal would go through smoothly, if at all and would not want to make a deal where I donate $550 to the WWP with the book said to be sent to me upon proof.

If the cancelled sale, this thread, and whatever else is not a ploy to keep the GPA up then here is an idea. Simply remove the CGC certification number from the listing. By doing so says one cares more about the greater good than the pile of SS slabs being sat on IMO. It also won't permit the next slab listed by him to quote this sales price and manipulate GPA in the process.

(If I'm not mistaken listings with no certification number do not register)

Just so everyone is clear:

CAK wants the sale to go through on eBay, so that it is recorded on GPA, so he can then use that figure to justify a higher price for his remaining copies.

He's said as much.

I think it's manipulation for personal gain, and manipulation under the guise of charity, but it does make for an interesting ethics exercise.

The funny thing about this is his GPA manipulation probably won't even have the effect he's hoping for. How many random ebay buyers have ever heard of GPA? I'm guessing most of the subscribers to GPA are members here and have a strong chance of coming across this thread. Especially since he mentions the forum in his eBay posting.

The funny thing about this is his GPA manipulation probably won't even have the effect he's hoping for. How many random ebay buyers have ever heard of GPA? I'm guessing most of the subscribers to GPA are members here and have a strong chance of coming across this thread. Especially since he mentions the forum in his eBay posting.

His listing goes into great detail the GPA sales of the book.