• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

The funny thing about this is his GPA manipulation probably won't even have the effect he's hoping for. How many random ebay buyers have ever heard of GPA? I'm guessing most of the subscribers to GPA are members here and have a strong chance of coming across this thread. Especially since he mentions the forum in his eBay posting.

His listing goes into great detail the GPA sales of the book.

I saw. Anyone who takes all that carnival barking at face value is screwed from the get go.

eBay does not take any percentages out of *100% * charity listings.

If the book sells for $550, the Wounded Warrior Fund receives $550.Not $500.

I cover any fees associated with eBay, Paypal and shipping.

Yes, I stand corrected. You are right. eBay prorates their selling fees according to the percentage given to charity. So if 100% goes to charity, then eBay doesn't get a fee.

Even if he cancelled the eBay sale, I think GPA should record the value. The book was put to the market, and the market assigned a value to it. GPA is meant to record market value, and the seller shouldn't be able to change that after the fact. 2c

wouldn't it be funny if the GPA guys saw this thread and then modified their reporting to exclude donation tied auctions/BINS since there are other factions influencing the final sales price beyond the pure market.....

Im just sayin....

Dear CAK, complete the original sale with the original ebay buyer and I will donate $1,000 to WWP.

I think CAK has been pretty clear that he's not interested in a WWP donation unless it can be used to positively influence the GPA of the book he owns in volume.

Unless Im misreading his posts....

What an entertaining breakfast read.

I don't know CAK, but I've always wondered about his avatar pic, if that's you, is that really the best picture you have of yourself?

I've always thought the expression looked a little douchy, but after reading this thread, I'm starting to think it's appropriate.

Dear CAK, complete the original sale with the original ebay buyer and I will donate $1,000 to WWP.

I'm going to hold off paying in the hope CAK follows thru on this. 48 hours, and if he doesn't I will buy it because I'm a man of my word. Clock starts now. tick tock.

I'm going to hold off paying in the hope CAK follows thru on this. 48 hours, and if he doesn't I will buy it because I'm a man of my word. Clock starts now. tick tock.

Alternate offer: accept Shadroch's original offer (he donates directly to WWP and CAK sends him the book) and I donate $1,000 to WWP.

Alternate offer: accept Shadroch's original offer (he donates directly to WWP and CAK sends him the book) and I donate $1,000 to WWP.

That's incredibly generous of both of you. :applause:

This thread has become super entertaining. It's got it all: charity, justice, a villain (that like all great villains, views themselves as the hero of their own story), challenges laid down, ethical quandaries and more.

This thread has become super entertaining. It's got it all: charity, justice, a villain (that like all great villains, views themselves as the hero of their own story), challenges laid down, ethical quandaries and more.

Where's the gratuitous eye-candy? (shrug)

+1

As moving as the offers are, remember this potential transaction involves trusting CAK.

Personally I think it's best everyone walks away from this book and gives to the WWP without the stigma of this attempted manipulation.

No matter how this is done, on GPA or off GPA it will be used for financial gain by CAK on the remaining books he owns in some way.

Where's the gratuitous eye-candy? (shrug)

I knew it was missing something. There's a joke here somewhere about CAK's avatar picture, but it's not worth the time for me to find it.

His negative feedback read :

:WARNING SELLER ABUSES RETURN POLICY HE IS A CONMAN LIAR!! THIEF".

Now, any potential bidders who saw his feedback would have thought he is likely a shill, hence the book selling at a GPA low.

On top of that, why would I want to take the chance of getting screwed a second time when I ship the slab out to England and he returns it for a refund...sending me back a box with 2 pounds worth of newspapers?

As a seller, I reserve the right not to sell to such d-bag scammers.

Bidders don't have acces to viewing the feedback of other bidders. Bidder names are disguised with only a feedback number visible. That's not why the book sold low.

Excellent point, this book did not sell low because of Ebay feedback. Do you think CAK is lying or is he just that stupid?

Oh! Fancy seeing you here Stu! I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see you drawn by any thread with the word "scammers". Tell me, is that the first word you look for in searches?

And incidentally have you found any comic boards that tolerate your presence and don't ban you on sight? How many boards is it now that you've managed to close since you brought down Comicscorral? Or did you put that down as a once-in-a-lifetime personal triumph?

???

i smell blood in these waters.....
you sure? smells more like someone dropped a deuce in the punchbowl, then took his toys and went home.

+1

As moving as the offers are, remember this potential transaction involves trusting CAK.

Personally I think it's best everyone walks away from this book and gives to the WWP without the stigma of this attempted manipulation.

No matter how this is done, on GPA or off GPA it will be used for financial gain by CAK on the remaining books he owns in some way.

You say that as if it is a bad thing. America is a Capitalist society.Do you hate Capitalism? Do you hate America?

A new offer. Accept KPRs offer. Sell the book to the original guy at the original price, KPR donates $1000 to WWP and I'll commit to buying $600 from you off eBay. That way everyone wins.

+1

You say that as if it is a bad thing. America is a Capitalist society.Do you hate Capitalism? Do you hate America?

A new offer. Accept KPRs offer. Sell the book to the original guy at the original price, KPR donates $1000 to WWP and I'll commit to buying $600 from you off eBay. That way everyone wins.

Are you being serious asking me those questions?

I love America. I also love values and make it a point to not conduct business with someone who does something such as using charity as a blatant attempt on GPA manipulation. In addition to the other countless times he's had an angle within his posts.