• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When to remove comics from sealed poly bags?

3 posts in this topic

Question on those polybags many comics come sealed in, either because they have a trading card or are a set of a few comics. I'm thinking Superman #75 black bagged issues, Spiderman #1 (1990, McFarlane), X-Force #1, X-Men Xecutioner's song titles, etc.

Often these comics have higher value when left in their bags. But at some term in years don't these cheap poly bags break down the comic inside? I know CGC removes comics from these bags but unless they're in great condition (and often you have no idea with an opaque bag!) its often a good option to leave them in their bags for resale.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

My experience with poly bags is they cause much more harm than good. A comics will develop indents from cards, banners or arm bands sealed in the bag with them. in many cases the seal on the bag will cause creases to the book.

The short answer (I know, too late) is to remove them ASAP and put them in a bag and board.

My experience with poly bags is they cause much more harm than good. A comics will develop indents from cards, banners or arm bands sealed in the bag with them. in many cases the seal on the bag will cause creases to the book.

The short answer (I know, too late) is to remove them ASAP and put them in a bag and board.

Good point about the indents. I didn't think of that one.