• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Collectors Thread: pickups, trades, WTBs, collection pics, etc.
1 1

218 posts in this topic

You hardly need two cib super metroids! I can help.

Just one cib. Couldn't pass up the price for a minty non players choice box. I left the game and manual in the players choice box that way the minty one doesnt get anymore wear and tear, I play metroid a lot.

Did you play Metroid Fusion? Definitely one of my favorites on Gameboy Advance. :cloud9:

Can anyone recommend a good video game forum?

I tried over at Neo Geo but wow that place is nothing like this forum where everyone is nice and helpful for the most part.

I had the same trouble at Neo Geo.. don't know what it was but the guys I spoke to were just jackazzes.

nintendoage.com is the best IMO (biased - I moderate), digital press is decent (used to be better), atariage.com is good too but less active than nintendoage.

some of y'all might enjoy this link. In 2008, when chrono trigger was being ported to the DS, the original artwork for the original (snes) chrono trigger, including the cover art, was shown by Square Enix at the Tokyo Game Show. Some visitors managed to snap pics.

Full set of pics here (highly recommended):

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/10/15/a-tour-through-square-enixs-chrono-trigger-museum/

Highlights:

ctm9-thumb.jpg

ctm12-thumb.jpg

ctm11-thumb.jpg

ctm13-thumb.jpg

ctm5-thumb.jpg

some of y'all might enjoy this link. In 2008, when chrono trigger was being ported to the DS, the original artwork for the original (snes) chrono trigger, including the cover art, was shown by Square Enix at the Tokyo Game Show. Some visitors managed to snap pics.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/10/15/a-tour-through-square-enixs-chrono-trigger-museum/

Highlights:

ctm9-thumb.jpg

ctm12-thumb.jpg

ctm11-thumb.jpg

ctm13-thumb.jpg

ctm5-thumb.jpg

Now that would be epic to get ahold of

Highlights:

Now that would be epic to get ahold of

The japanese game companies kept all the art. Impossible sadly. Besides, I think we in the US would be shocked by what it would go for. Very little Toriyama art on the market (think Watterson).

Consider this little nothing sketch by Toriyama (same artist):

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=311573

The equivalent, based on the exchange rate at the time, of about $47,000. For that.

Obviously the pieces above are much better.

0000955612.octet-stream

Sweet collection above.

Love Chrono Trigger, love Toriyama. I'd kill for a prime piece of some of my favorite manga.

Like a lot of prime manga art, very difficult to score something like that. Besides just having a mindset about selling original art, actual companies owning etc, I think the big guys actually just make way too much money to even consider selling their art. A lot is stated, and is true, about how hard the manga business is but the top guys are legit wealthy, not just doing well.

I saw an Eiichiro Oda exhibit a few years ago in Tokyo, just first class presentation. Oda sells more books than anyone in the U.S. can ever hope to.

I was into collecting games from 2011 up to about 2013. Playstation 1 was the focus of my collection since that was my favorite system growing up. Main reason I got out was I hit a point where I couldn't find anything out at thrift stores, flea markets, etc. Did get a pretty nice collection from yard sales and goodwills. I'll have to post some of the highlights in my collection sometime soon.

This thread needs a bump. Here's a good old mega man. This version of the box is the first version and as a result incredibly tough sealed (2 on the census).

mm_zps88f22b27.jpg

I thought this was the collector's thread and you said you weren't a collector (shrug)

If you just want to play the games why not buy a powerpak and be done? They are great, and you get all the games on one 'cartridge' and can play them on your original hardware. (You can buy the original hardware easily on ebay or craiglist or kijiji or your local retrogame store).